Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-19, 11:51 AM  
Demeris

Planners

I have been searching for the holy grail of planners for over a decade. My FB feed has had almost nothing but planner ads for the past few days.

SO, I'm throwing the question out to you, my fellow vidiots, which planner (NOT exercise-exclusive planners) makes your life easier?
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-19, 12:10 PM  
sherry7899

Aldi has a nice selection of big hardcover ones for $7.99.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-19, 12:13 PM  
rhbrand

I have used and loved Erin Condren and The Happy Planner.

You might look into Bullet Journalling. You can make it be whatever you want it to be..
Old 12-25-19, 12:19 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I have used and loved Erin Condren and The Happy Planner.

You might look into Bullet Journalling. You can make it be whatever you want it to be..
I have liked what I saw of both of those, but I am inconsistent with using planners so I do not spend a lot on them.

Old 12-25-19, 01:54 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I am moving towards using Google calendars...but I like to buy just a cheap planner from Target to log workouts and other misc things. I bought a more expensive planner with goals, etc and just didn't utilize it to justify the price.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-19, 02:21 PM  
sherry7899

I liked the planners by Katie Daisy. I found it on Amazon. It does not take up a lot of room in my purse, but has spaces big enough to write in.

Old 12-25-19, 02:28 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Usually I end up with a Moleskine, small enough for my purse but large enough to find easily if I leave it in a stack of papers. I like simple weekly planners, not spiral bound.

My pet peeve is those 16-month or 18-month planners....so I buy it now and get empty pages for September-December 2019?!? Who plans their life that way????

Last edited by athompson10; 12-25-19 at 03:37 PM. Reason: edit/clarity
athompson10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-19, 03:24 PM  
BunnyHop

I tend to just scribble notes on a monthly calendar. Seems to be the only thing I'm consistent about.
Old 12-25-19, 07:02 PM  
OSusanna

I only use a planner to log exercise and health challenges so I use a smaller planner that has a monthly calendar and then a page per day. The one for 2020 will be 3.5 x 6 inches. I guess it’s more of a journal than a tool to plan? I have struggled with various health issues this year so I have more that I need to log than just what workout I did that day. In previous years the weekly format has worked fine -allowed me to log the details I needed to and see the month as a whole.

When I had a job that required more on the go planning I loved the Franklin Covey planners and used them exclusively. Then I went to Palm smartphone. I no longer work in a field that needs that kind of organization so I don’t use them for work anymore.

So many options now. Back when I used Franklin Covey it was because there weren’t as many options in the stores. Now at the office stores, Michael’s and Target there are a lot to choose from.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-19, 07:42 PM  
sherry7899

You can see the Aldi ones here:

https://www.almostallaldi.com/aldi-2...res-this-week/

I have a smal!er planner for my purse,but I may check the health planner to use for workouts if I can find one at my local Aldi.

Tags
bullet journal, happy planner, journal, journals, planners, workout log