Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-19, 04:25 PM  
dnna

looking for sliding rec's

I found a new in box with unopened VHS slide and booties at a thrift shop for 8 dollars!
It is going to go to the grand-twin - daughters for Xmas.
I know I must have some sliding dvds because I have an extra pair of booties in the closet. Was there a Mindy or Cathe dvd that used the slide?

or! could anyone tell me a few good slide youtube workouts?

thanks

from the cool granny
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 06:08 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Cathe didn't use the slide, just the gliding disks. I believe Mindy did have a workout using the slide, and there was also another that a male instructor put out, maybe it was Andre Houle?

I'm wondering if you could adapt some of the moves done with the gliding disks to the equipment that you have, and use those workouts.

LOL I don't know that I have helped you. I don't know of any you tube workouts using the slide.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 06:12 PM  
difit

Cathe uses the sliding disk in Slide and Glide and LITE Pyramid lower body.

I don't think I helped either. I misread your post. I thought you were asking for sliding disk workouts not the slide.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 07:44 PM  
Footballnut

I misunderstood too. Woops!
Old 12-20-19, 10:22 PM  
dnna

thank you. I have the slim slide by Fitness Quest starring super model Kim Alexis. It comes with a sliding workout but it is on vhs. I do have a working vcr so I will bring it over. anyway I was asking for workouts on the slide but of course gliding workouts would be ideal. I think I have that Cathe workout and I am fairly certain of a Mindy Mylrea gliding work. I used to love that workout.It had 3 workouts on one disc.
I am hoping it will be a fun afternoon for the girls.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 12:07 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Coincidentally, I just pulled out my gliding DVDs to do in the near future. I have:
Gliding- 3 workouts with Mindy: ultimate buns and legs, total body sculpting, and fat burning cardio.
Gliding Ultimate Balance Cardio Strength and Stability workout with Mindy which also uses a BOSU that I sold several years ago
Gliding Total Body Double G workout with Mindy that also uses a weighted ball.
Gliding Booty Beautiful with Keli Roberts
Power and Grace Body Bar and Gliding with Mindy and Keli

You can probably find workouts using the slider and gliders on YouTube.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 01:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I found a new in box with unopened VHS slide and booties at a thrift shop for 8 dollars!
It is going to go to the grand-twin - daughters for Xmas.
I know I must have some sliding dvds because I have an extra pair of booties in the closet. Was there a Mindy or Cathe dvd that used the slide?

or! could anyone tell me a few good slide youtube workouts?

thanks

from the cool granny
i tagged this thread so that you can find other threads that have a list of slide workouts.

of the old VHS ones, i loved the Reebok one.

if you click on the tags to this thread, there are several threads about Beyond Barre DVDs. i don't have that equipment nor the DVDs, but the clips looked cool.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 12:16 PM  
Mommapew

I have the Obsidian Board: https://www.obsidianslideboards.com/

They have some good workouts
Mommapew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 01:36 PM  
severin817

I just did a search on youtube for slide workouts and quite a few short videos popped up. So you should be able to piece together moves for a slide workout.

I think I still have a couple of CIA slide workouts and the Reebok slide workout I transferred from VHS years ago. I should pull those out. We have a slide at the gym where I train clients. I never see anyone using it.

Laura
severin817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 04:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by severin817 View Post
We have a slide at the gym where I train clients. I never see anyone using it.

Laura
people probably have no idea what it is. for a long time, i never saw a stability ball when i worked out at the Y. now they're everywhere. granted, the slide is not on the "hot list" of equipment, but you can train your legs in a unique way.

someone mentioned the obsidian board - many ice skaters and hockey players use the slide for off-season conditioning.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide board, slide boards, sliding