Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-19, 08:29 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Let’s revisit “Joni O- ing

Yesterday I put in Cathe’s Athletic Step. Didn’t even remember buying it. I have become skilled at taking the impact out of a lot of Cathe’s step DVD’s, but WTH!
I made through the warm up and maybe two minutes after that! Popped that sucker out and put in my trade pile.

So what have you Joni O’d lately?

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yoga With Adrienne. Adrienne is much beloved, but she is my Leslie Sansone of yoga. She has so many interesting practices which sound beneficial to me but I just can't get past the first five minutes.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 09:29 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I Joni O'ed one of the new Christine Bullock Evolution 20 workouts. I wanted some quick athletic drills, but she had choreography mixed in -- more than I was in the mood for. Might be ok for another day.
Old 09-24-19, 10:05 AM  
PhyllisG

This is not going to be popular ....Jane Adams Gentle Yoga. I bought it traded decided to give it another chance from the library and JoniO’d it.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 10:12 AM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
This is not going to be popular ....Jane Adams Gentle Yoga. I bought it traded decided to give it another chance from the library and JoniO’d it.
I will join you. I have done the same thing with Leslie and KCM a couple of times. Fortunately they were thrift store finds.
Old 09-24-19, 11:40 AM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

I will join you also . . . two different KCM DVD's.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 04:50 PM  
Messe

Does Joni O-ing a YouTube workout count? If it does, here goes: Pahla B.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 05:02 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I'm curious - is it all 7 practices you don't like or something else (I've heard lots of people don't like her voice)?

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 06:46 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
Yesterday I put in Cathe’s Athletic Step. Didn’t even remember buying it. I have become skilled at taking the impact out of a lot of Cathe’s step DVD’s, but WTH!
I made through the warm up and maybe two minutes after that! Popped that sucker out and put in my trade pile.

So what have you Joni O’d lately?

Patrice
I Joni-O'd Athletic Step as well (this was awhile back). I have always heard RAVE reviews either here or on Cathe's site or both but it just did not work for me. It was so long ago, I can't remember why. Step Moves on the other hand (from the same series) is pretty good IMO.

Mind you, I'm hanging on to Athletic Step and may try it again someday but mainly I'm keeping it because when it comes to Cathe, I'm what you might call a "completionist". I have to have everything, except her cycle dvds and the beginner-ish trio of workouts that first came out with the Fit Tower. (I eventually caved and bought the 2nd trio of Fit Tower dvds because...completionist.)

Ok, so the only other workout I can think of that I majorly Joni-O'd was Tracey Staehle's Step Sweatfest. Either the warmup or the first combo had me grapevining facing away from the tv as part of the combo and I was just like, "nope, not happening, not feeling this one". I'm pretty sure it was Step Sweatfest and not HISM or HISM2, both of which I'm afraid to try because I had such an adverse reaction to Step Sweatfest even though Tracey was perfectly fine as an instructor in general.

I keep meaning to write a negative review of Step Sweatfest to warn others, but it kind of pains me to write negative reviews, especially when Tracey seems so nice.

I'm sure Step Sweatfest is a fun workout for some people but I could not get over that grapevine on the floor facing the back wall being built into a combo. At least that's how I remember it. There may have been other things that turned me off as well that made it generally "not fun" (for me).

Edited to add: I don't mind doing some moves facing away from the tv. But a whole grapevine, right from the get-go, really? Staring at the back wall of my workout room is not that interesting.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 06:47 PM  
Theeearn

T tapp. There is nothing wrong with the workout, it’s just me I think. My son is 9 months old and it’s difficult for me to take the time to learn the form.
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joni-o, joni-o a video, jonio a workout