Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-19, 05:45 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Stamina 50 Reps

This looks pretty good!

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Sta...AKw7Op9fl14pbc

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 06:18 PM  
upperwside

I bought the downloads, all of them. I did upper and lower weights on Sunday. Great combo. Today I did glutes, standing waist and the second upper body one.. I love them all so far. Easy to mix and match or do one or two then some cardio.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 06:21 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I agree! BJ Gaddour had a podcast a couple weeks ago and he talked about how, in his experience, it is better for joint and spinal health to do lighter loads (and he’s had much better results) with more time under tension. Of course, Lisa is using much lighter loads than BJ, but the concept seems the same. She spoke in one of her coffee talks about how she used to push herself really hard with heavier weights and just kept getting injured. If you follow her on IG you’ll see she works out a lot, but it’s almost all very light weights and higher repetition.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 04:04 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

So can these be done as shorter segments? Cause they're awfully long. Amazing variety though!

Hmm, I may as well pull out my old Claudia Schiffer Perfectly Fit dvds.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 07:32 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
So can these be done as shorter segments? Cause they're awfully long.
That was my thought, too. These look good (and I'm never really drawn to her stuff) but I can't envision how to use them. I don't spend an hour on my glutes. Or thighs.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 10:24 AM  
suzannaerin

I was tempted until I saw all that quadraped work on the mat. I simply can't handle that with my scoliosis. Some of the sections look pretty good, though. I'll take another look and see if it's chaptered. If so, maybe I'll buy it.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 09:21 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

I ordered the dvds - her work just “kills” me but I love her personality and variety.

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 11:30 PM  
Taiga

According to Mary, these are in early---my tracking shows Monday delivery. I'm in a rotation so won't get to it right away. This is the first of Linda's DVDs to interest me. Her pace looked sort of meditative. I'll probably follow the programs daily in a rotation for ~3 weeks and see how it goes.
Old 05-02-19, 10:53 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks for the info.

I ordered too (used some garage sale earnings )...I haven't looked at her stuff in a very long while, but these look great - love the standing ab work & inner thigh focus (but sure I'll hate it once the burn starts!).

I feel I can shorten them to my liking by using as add-ons, but hope it won't be an issue to FF to the "other side". Does anyone know if they're chaptered?
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 11:28 AM  
Mickey12

I just watched the clip from Mary's site. There is a black cat sitting on the floor during some of the work. So cute!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animals in background, linda wooldridge, stamina 50 reps