Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-16, 04:52 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Every Tracy Anderson article ever:

Part 1: Claim that Anderson consults/works with doctors and scientists or implication that her system is scientifically validated in some way.

Part 2: Laundry list of ridiculous and unsupportable claims.

How is she still a thing?
The image of Tracy Anderson in a white lab coat, with big hot scientist chick glasses on, holding a clipboard and observing rows of people on their hands and knees doing unusual leg lift moves is maybe my favorite thing right now. Hopefully there are lots of test tubes, blinking lights and beeps and boops in the background.

However, she must still be a thing because enough people really enjoy her workouts.
Old 03-18-16, 05:07 PM  
Poodlepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Every Tracy Anderson article ever:

Part 1: Claim that Anderson consults/works with doctors and scientists or implication that her system is scientifically validated in some way.

Part 2: Laundry list of ridiculous and unsupportable claims.

How is she still a thing?
Be careful. I have found certain instructors here are unassailable. She is one.
Old 03-18-16, 05:27 PM  
ncl

It does seem like she is still a thing at least in part because some folks have gotten really good results with her workouts. I haven't gotten into to doing her a lot, so I am not referring to me.
Old 03-18-16, 05:38 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

This morning my husband showed this to me asking if she was the lady of some of my workout shaking his head .... I felt embarrassed 😂😂😂
Old 03-18-16, 08:35 PM  
bubbles76

I'm not really into Tracey Anderson as I need instructions during my workouts, but maybe these aren't current comments? I thought I read somewhere that Tracey evolved some of her thinking towards working out?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 03-18-16, 08:38 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Here's a good response. (And look who commented!)
https://medium.com/@BornFitness/dear...26f#.lgsx876bj

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 03-18-16, 09:05 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm not really into Tracey Anderson as I need instructions during my workouts, but maybe these aren't current comments? I thought I read somewhere that Tracey evolved some of her thinking towards working out?
This article was hot off the presses. Put up March 16, 2016. Also you can tell the interview was current, because it mentions the endorsement deal Tracy made with Buick.

http://media.buick.com/media/us/en/b...-anderson.html
Old 03-18-16, 09:10 PM  
cherimac

The only reason Tracy doesn't like heavy weights, I think, is that she's after a different aesthetic look. That's fine. Making up crazy claims to validate that point isn't. But hey, she's trying to sell a product. And she does it well.
Old 03-18-16, 09:29 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Here's a good response. (And look who commented!)
https://medium.com/@BornFitness/dear...26f#.lgsx876bj
I LOVE KCM.

Unfortunately, articles like the one Adam wrote don't do much to change opinions; they're either preaching to the choir or falling on the deaf ears of TA followers.
Old 03-18-16, 11:34 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizEMA View Post
Yes, to all of that, PLUS, I can't think of anyone MORE "boutique fitness practice" than TA (the term seems to have been coined FOR her). AND, kettlebells are not a "trend". They may be popular right now and trendING, but they've been around for -- someone correct me if I'm wrong -- a bajillion years.

I've stopped being surprised by the things that come out of TA's mouth, though.

(I do not think was meant to be satirical, comical, tongue-in-cheek or anything other than dead serious. For anyone who has ever heard TA talk or read any of the other interviews she has given, this is all familiar territory.)
Oh, you're exactly right, it's been a bajillion years +/- a few hundred!

Where does she come up with some of this? I did her method for a while a few years back and I saw some results. But, I must say that my body changed for the better when I started adding heavier weight. With TA, I was a little saggy and was often tired. I'm doing KBKB now and can't believe how my body is responding...with LESS of a time commitment. Plus, I have a ton of energy!

I recognize that there are plenty of people who adore TA and are getting results. But, I don't understand why she has to be so indignantly critical of other methods. Most of what she says is nonsensical. And, I think she needs to reveal these scientists she's working with.

In this age where there are fitspo IG'ers everywhere who are strong and healthy with amazing bodies who do the antithesis of what she says, how can she or the scientists really make some of these claims? It really is comical, until I realize that there are people out there just lapping up everything she says.
Closed Thread

Tags
tracy anderson