Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-12-10, 08:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Tracy, I'm pretty sure that practice is still available on Yoga Today--it's Sarah Kline. She gets into the areas with some nice, unique moves.

On iHanuman, click on the "Karma Yoga" link at the top right of the menu bar for more information about their free classes, Karma Collection, and charitable giving.

ETA: One of the Karma collection downloads is by a VFer, Chris Miyachi.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 10:42 PM  
Sophie

how about www.aliveyoga.com? There are some teachers I like, Heidi Sormaz who teacher Forrest yoga and Sean Johnson with a slow-flow practice I really like.
I have a Chris Miyachi download - 45 minute Forrest practice that is excellent, but I can't remember where I got it. Maybe she'll pop in and let us know.

I do remember when yogatoday was free - I still have half a dozen practice saved in my iTunes folder, but really only ever use the knee one.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10, 12:37 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Thanks, Tracy!
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10, 08:22 AM  
Anne29

Thanks so much for compiling this list, Tracy! So, so helpful!

I subscribed to Kira Ryder's site for a few months this past spring/summer. She is a wonderful teacher--trained by Erich Schiffmann--with a great sense of humor. She offers several different levels of classes--the beginner level is called "Stiff White Guys" and they're just perfect for loosening up all the usual tight spots. Level 2 classes are called Soft Vinyasa and Level 2-3 are Sweet Vinyasa. She doesn't overdo the vinyasa in either level though and none of the classes are particularly hard or grueling. I think the main difference in levels is the amount of concentration required for the alignment instruction. Well, and sometimes she'll teach handstand or headstand in the Sweet Vinyasa classes. I didn't find her classes helped me build strength--but I found them addictive because they're so relaxing--she's very good at calming the parasympathetic nervous system which improves sleep and digestion and reduces stress/anxiety.

Lately I've been enjoying Yogaglo classes though. They offer a variety of different instructors and different class lengths. It's nice to come home from work and, say I've got 45 mins for yoga, I can search by time, level and teacher to find something that will fit the bill. It's very convenient. And so far, I've been really impressed with the level of instruction. Tara Judelle is my favorite so far--she's smart, funny and creates really interesting classes on different themes like abundance or forgiveness or pulsation (she's got a Day of the Dead practice that I'm looking forward to doing around Halloween). She also offers a series of introductory classes on Anusara yoga and I think for the first time ever I finally understand the whole loops and spirals business. The classes on this site seem to be quite advanced. The people in the classes are very adept at handstands and such--they just throw in a freestanding handstand in the middle of their sun salutations! I haven't tried any of the Level 2-3 classes yet--I suspect their geared towards acrobats and gymnasts!

Anyway, I'm really having fun trying yoga this way. There's something appealing about the spontaneity of the classes. The instructors feel a little less poised and polished than in DVDs, but there's also a naturalness to them and they're often funny. I don't know why that doesn't always translate to dvd, but these classes are filling a niche for me that I didn't expect they would.
Anne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10, 01:31 PM  
LunaSea
VF Supporter

Sophie - I love Heidi Sormaz's audio classes on aliveyoga.com (I've added that to the list). Chris Miyachi has audio downloads available on iHanuman (as Beth mentioned). Is this where you downloaded the one you like?

Beth - I found the Sarah Kline practice - and she has a newer one called "Blissful Hips and Hamstrings." Thanks!

Anne - Thanks so much for the info and your impressions about Lulubandhas and Yogaglo. I've done a couple of Kira's - loved the "vibe" and her instruction. I agree that the live class format is such a different experience than (and complementary to) dvds. They feel more dynamic in so many ways. I can't wait to try Yogaglo - only a few weeks until they'll be compatible for me to stream!
LunaSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-10, 01:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Mmm, Blissful Hips & Hamstrings sounds good too; please report back if you try it, Tracy!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 01:37 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Tracy, thank you! This is very valuable information! I am glad I found this thread.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 05:03 PM  
LunaSea
VF Supporter

FitBoop - You're welcome. Glad it's helpful!

Thanks to everyone who has added their impressions about the different websites!

I'm still enjoying the myyogaonline practices a lot. Yogaglo is top on my list to try. I wish there were more hours in the day!
LunaSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 05:49 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you Tracy! I agree this is a good thread to bookmark.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-15, 01:48 PM  
willwolf

Yogadownload.com

Any more experiences with yogadownload.com?? I saw on groupon today that they're offering unlimited streaming/downloading for 12 months for $29.99, regularly $90. Thanks for all opinions!
willwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, digital, download, downloads, free, heidi sormaz, kathryn budig, yoga, yoga downloads, yoga websites