Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-17-21, 08:07 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - You Realize That in About 30 Years, Rap Music Will be Muzak? 10/17

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 08:27 AM  
sciencelady

Thanks, Laura, for the titles! Definitely helps get a thread started to have a title already!

Adelija had a good time in the cave - she saw the fossils in the walls and the rock formations - lots of waterfalls within. The cave had definitely been worked on well with stairs and good footing and lights. The ones that terrify me are the underwater caves that aren't known and narrow - you don't know if you + your scuba tank will get stuck or you won't have room to turn around, no lights and no path.... Yikes!

I finished taking the water out of my water feature and put the outdoor bench away. Gus got a beautiful walk in - seemed like everyone wanted that same walk because the parking lots were FULL! The Rocky Horror movie will be next week, not tonight, but still I doubt I can make those times. I'll see if the movie can be picked up on through the internet services for viewing at home - Adelija knows how to do that stuff... This morning I surrendered and turned the furnace on - it was 58 in here!

Laura, Dairy Queen blizzards I still haven't contacted Quicken - maybe next week.

Paula, EEEK! on the ant invasion! Yuck! I haven't cleaned behind my fridge in years! I haven't pulled my big double fridge out of its wooden framing - kind of scared it'll not go back without gouging the floor or wood walls or tipping and squashing me. I'm used to going through all of my food before the next trip to the store, but Adelija seems to keep stuff in containers untouched for weeks - doubt that's good any more. I'm just keeping my GPS frustrated , I'm familiar with the route I took in the morning and repeated it in the evening, but the GPS kept changing roads.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-17-21, 12:19 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. This week's theme cracks me up.

It's a beautiful day here, about 20 degrees cooler than yesterday. I had a lazy morning. This afternoon, I have a training session on PowerPoint and then a grocery store pick-up.

Paula - Sorry about an ant infestation. I hope that's the end of it.

Anita - It's good Adelija had a good visit to the cave and you enjoyed the beautiful day. Have a good rest of your weekend.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-21, 08:12 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 13 Cardio Toning and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery day for us. Not much else to say other than we peeled and chucked apples and made sauce this afternoon. It's cooling in the crockpot now, when the timer rings I can dish it up. I'll freeze some and keep some in the refridgerator for tomorrow. Also paid bills this afternoon - always a delight.

Anita, thanks for getting us started, gave me a good laugh. I didn't know you dive? I don't dive but if I did, going into caves wouldn't be on my list of fun things to do. Snorkeling is good enough for me. I have gone into caves at Carlsbad Caverns and some caverns in Arizona. They are very interesting but those were guided tours.

Laura, Glad you had a lazy day. I keep meaning to have one, but then I get diverted and get engrossed in something and end up feeling overtired in the evening. Still hot here, tomorrow is supposed to be cooler.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 08:03 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus with friends this morning, followed by grocery shopping and a trip to the compost pile. Playing spades this evening. A nice day planned . Yesterday I finally ran out of gas in my grill and was able to put on a new tank - I'm patting myself on the back for getting that done!

Laura, we're having a great day here also - probably the last one we'll hit 70 with . Hope your powerpoint training goes well!

Paula, on your apple sauce! What type of apples do you cook with? I've not dived, but always have it on my things to learn list - the fear of caves is just from watching the nature show divers getting themselves in there. I've not been in the caves Adelija was in Saturday, but there were some in WI that I've visited many years ago.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-18-21, 03:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yesterday's training session was what I call a Murphy's Law session - everything that could go wrong really did. She was so late because she couldn't get the right connections, but we finally got started and covered a good amount of info. This morning, I had an in-person training session at Barnes & Noble with someone from North Raleigh. She never contacted me and didn't show up. I have no idea what happened, but I won't be meeting with her. As I told DH, Barnes & Noble wasn't a bad place for me to be stood up. I enjoyed walking around and looking at books.

This afternoon, we went to lunch with my parents at the restaurant in a local fancy schmancy hotel. It was really good food. Afterward, we walked around their garden and along the lake outside. It's a picture-perfect fall day here and we enjoyed it.

We're thinking about going on a cruise in mid-November with my parents. It's a 5-day cruise out of Miami. DH isn't completely comfortable with the thought of cruising yet and I'm not sure this is a cruise we want to go on. But we will have only so many chances to travel with my parents and I hate to pass it up, if it's something that would work out.

Paula - Cooked apples sounds good. I may need to try that myself. Now that it's getting cooler, it sounds good. I hope you can relax at some point and have a lazy day.

Anita - I hope it was another sunny day for you. It's good you finally could replace the gas canister.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-21, 09:08 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Today was a chores day. I made a big pot of vegetarian tortilla soup, baked two loaves of sourdough bread, potted some plants I bought at Lowes yesterday and after that I was tired. It was overcast and dark this morning, I was hoping for some real rain but all we got was drizzle.

Anita, good for you on the propane tank on your grill. Pat yourself on the back. When I make applesauce I usually choose two or three to increase the depth of flavor. What I made yesterday was a combo of Fugi and Red Delicious. It came out delicious so I'll have to remember those two go together well. If those caverns are close to where you live, have you ever wanted to visit?

Laura, sorry you got stood up but you're right, Barnes and Noble is a great place to spend some time. I hope if you decide to go on the cruise that it's a fully vaccinated one. Can they do those out of Florida? Have you considered taking one out of New Orleans or some other state where they can demand all passengers and crew be vaccinated? Yeah, applesauce in the crock pot is so easy to make and is delicious - so much better than grocery store applesauce.
Old 10-19-21, 08:03 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on another walk with Gus and some friends from work. I'll also be doing some home projects putting away my hoses. This afternoon I'll be picking up Adelija to get her to a volunteer project with one of her volunteer buddies.

During yesterday's walk in the park, I saw a wolf! It was about 100 yards away - my hunting buddy saw it first and pointed it out to us. It sat down still for a while and frankly I wouldn't see it out there when it was still - blended in with the high dried out grasses. I knew they were out in that park from warning signs when they enter their mating season, but haven't seen one before!

Laura, hope today goes better with work issues! I'm glad your parents can still get out and walk with you! I'd want to take that vacation on the cruise with them - should be nice memories . I'd try to get a Covid booster shot for everyone before the cruise though...

Paula, What do you use for protein in your vegetarian soup? Or just go for texture from the tortilla chips? The caverns were about three hours from my house so it's not easily drop in-able, but I haven't explored much nature outside my city - I still know WI sites and what's available near the highway between my WI homes and my current home, but haven't explored MN much in any direction other than east.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-19-21, 10:26 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. This morning's workout was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 15 Strength.

Anita, how cool to see a wolf! I saw one once a long time ago in Colorado. They are hard to spot, they blend in so well. The Tortilla soup has black beans for texture and protein. We drove through southern MN when we were going to the air show in WI and I really enjoyed it, beautiful area. I'd be tempted to do an overnight trip to visit the caverns. Hope Laura is having a good time with her parents.
Old 10-20-21, 07:53 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's supposed to be a heavily rainy day today - I hope to get a walk in with Gus before it starts. Otherwise, my mission is to go through my old computer and pare down photos and music in the storage, so less needs to go into iCloud. Adelija needs rides to her charity work this evening. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with her on her break from school Thursday and Friday - seems like her plans with friends go up in dust frequently.

Paula, I frankly haven't seen much of MN outside of the Twin Cities area - maybe a trip out in the countryside. I haven't had any info about the caverns - seems like you were acquainted with them?

Waves to all!

Anita