Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-22-20, 10:41 AM  
lunarraine

Rocker bottom shoes?

For the past few months I've been dealing with ongoing pain in my leg, hip, and lower back. Mobility work, stretching/strengthening, and posture improvements have helped but I'm still having some issues.

In the course of research, I came across some articles on rocker bottom style shoes and remembered several years ago when Skechers Shapeups were all the rage. I had forgotten how much I LOVED the pair I had. At the time, I was amazed at how much better my ankles, knees, and low back felt.
But then there were the lawsuits and the brand went away and I forgot all about them.

I guess I'm not really sure what I am asking other than have other people had success in minimizing their pain by wearing these type of shoes and maybe get some recommendations on which brands to look at.

Thanks!
lunarraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 02:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

you might consider getting custom orthotic inserts. my SIL swears by them - the Dr. Scholl's brand. Dr. Scholl's has a device in the Walmart Pharmacy departments where you stand on it and it determines your pattern for both feet. this may have changed due to covid, or maybe you make an appointment with the pharmacy.

https://www.drscholls.com/t/custom-f...kiosk-locator/

cvs reviews:
https://www.cvs.com/shop/dr-scholl-s...s?skuId=469803

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 05:33 PM  
warriorprincess

I've had a leg length discrepancy for two decades. Last year I discovered American Heelers who can put a lift on virtually any kind of shoe. I am so in love with them. Obviously, this only applies to some people, but I thought they might see this thread so I wanted to make it known.

Last fall, I developed Plantar Fascitis, which I felt as pain when I put weight on my heel. I got some flip flops called Oofos that are spongy and have arch support, and feel like heaven on my feet, and I don't have any pain now. At all. nada, zip. Previously, I spent a lot of time barefoot, thinking that would make my feet strong. But it appears you can take that too far.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oofos, shoes, skechers shape-ups, skechers tone up sandals