Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-25-20, 11:34 AM  
Scorpio6

RESULTS: BARLATES vs CALLANETICS

Starting to get interested in Barlates bc I have a body resistant to showing any figure shaping results from exercise, which is discouraging. However, I would like some input b4 spending any $$, as to which you think is better for visible figure shaping results, Barlates or Callanetics. Do any of you have experience with both? Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide.

BTW, I had 8 years classical ballet, if that is of any assistance with your answers.
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 11:46 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have done both and enjoyed both. From my experience they are very different. Callanetics, to me, was like barre, small controlled movements which I find great for toning. Barlates has more big whole body moves and more of a cardio effect. Linda takes from a variety of workout styles....Barre, ballet, Pilates, yoga....and her workouts can be very challenging. She has lots of freebies on YouTube

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 12:27 PM  
alisoncooks

What Pam said. Barlates has tons of freebies on YouTube (the same workouts that are available for purchase on DVD). Barlates reminds me of Tonique workouts.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 04:06 AM  
Nelly G

I have a lot of dvd’s of Callanetics and Barlates. I must say they are both good but I prefer Callanetics. Why? Because my body changed because I do Callanetics each day: only 10 minutes each day x 365 days is a lot of time. You could buy one Callanetics dvd at Amazon. I prefer the old dvd ‘s by Callan Pinckney. It is 7 dollar. https://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Cal...CTYJRQSVJP9AWE
You can do it for a month and make pictures and meisure your body before you start and after. After a month you do Bar Method at you tube. Before you start again make pictures and meisure again. Then after a month you see what works the best for you. But do not forget working out forms your body but what you eat is 90% influence so very important. Also you must like the workout so you keep doing it and it must relaxing too. If you do not like it then you quit. Just know I like Barlates a lot too and likes like Pam is telling the cardio effect, she uses hiit in some of her workout. She does also combines moves. Let us know how both Barlates and Callanetics helps you and if you like it. I hope this helps you.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, barre workouts, callanetics