Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-20, 04:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

blast from the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlfl...LUVbt4wMwylInI

national aerobics championship - Charlene Prickett is a commentator!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 04:59 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Michelle Dozois (as Michelle Nevidomsky) got her start as a NAC. I remember the 3 videos that she and 4 other champions made. Wish I still had them. I actually reviewed them here in 1997!

I haven’t watched the linked video yet. Thanks for posting.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-20, 07:21 PM  
Mickey12

Fun to watch that. I had two of those NAC workouts. I transferred them to DVD and I still have them. Maybe I will get them out tonight.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 06:25 AM  
Calistro

I looked up charlene Prickett after reading this thread. She has may 20 minute clips of workout on youtube.

I was curious to see what she looks like now as I read she was born in 1946. She looks fit and healthy here.

https://worldation.com/stories/ever-...ess-gurus-80s/

I always heard of her through videofitness, but I do not own or have tried any of her workouts yet.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 06:57 AM  
JessicaW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I looked up charlene Prickett after reading this thread. She has may 20 minute clips of workout on youtube.

I was curious to see what she looks like now as I read she was born in 1946. She looks fit and healthy here.

https://worldation.com/stories/ever-...ess-gurus-80s/

I always heard of her through videofitness, but I do not own or have tried any of her workouts yet.

Thanks for this. That link is super interesting. Hard to believe Kathy Smith is worth 500 millions dollars!
You should try a Charlene Prickett workout. I highly recommend. Even after all these years, she remains one of my absolute faves. She is super sweet and energetic and easy to follow. None of her workouts have an ounce of dread factor for me either.
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 08:44 AM  
wendug

I think I saw this when it originally aired back in 1993. I was in college and was so impressed at the strength and flexibility of the athletes! I wanted to be strong like them but didn't really do anything about it at the time. It wasn't until about 5 years later that I picked up some workouts on VHS (Tamilee Webb, Kathy Smith) and started on my journey.

Calistro- I also have not tried any of Charlene Prickett's workouts, but hear many mentions here at VF. I'll have to see what workouts I can find of hers on YouTube.
Old 01-08-20, 09:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Charlene Prickett got me started with weights back in the 1980s. I had just been a jogger up to that point. She had a show called It Figures on tv where she did step aerobics one day, floor aerobics one day and weight training another day. She also came out with workouts on VHS after that. Loved her!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-20, 07:10 PM  
Calistro

Calistro- I also have not tried any of Charlene Prickett's workouts, but hear many mentions here at VF. I'll have to see what workouts I can find of hers on YouTube.[/QUOTE]

There are quite a few here on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...arene+prickett

I will try one but I much prefer to put in a dvd.
Old 01-08-20, 07:11 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW View Post
Thanks for this. That link is super interesting. Hard to believe Kathy Smith is worth 500 millions dollars!
You should try a Charlene Prickett workout. I highly recommend. Even after all these years, she remains one of my absolute faves. She is super sweet and energetic and easy to follow. None of her workouts have an ounce of dread factor for me either.
I would love to try one but where my computer is now set up ther eis no room to exercise. Also my laptop is too small.

I wish she still made workouts.
Old 01-09-20, 11:00 AM  
Ann1964

She is from my hometown in AR . She was rude to me years ago when I saw her.
Sorry but I never did her workouts after that.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charlene prickett, nac, national aerobics