Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-18, 07:48 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Loriann - Yes, totally agree! LIIFT4 is beginner (first two weeks) and intermediate (other six weeks). It is hard to go really heavy with the pace of the lifting because of the back-to-back pacing of the exercises and the thirty second breaks between sets isn't really enough time to fully recover. It fits a little bit of everything in most of the workouts so it is hard to figure out what to add on to "even" it out. I really like Joel, he is a wealth of information on form pointers and good form! The backgrounders didn't really click with me (one in particular just annoyed me, lol) so I just tried to concentrate on the workout and listen to Joel. I really enjoyed the backgrounders on 80DO, every one of them had a great personality and even though they weren't miked you could see what they were thinking or feeling, lol (especially Donald! ) And the modifier Carrie was phenomenal. She was about on par with me for ab strength so I followed her a lot for core work modifications.

But overall, LIIFT4 is a good, solid workout program. I will probably do it again next year when I start training for races. I am going to start 80DO again in November and try to clean up my eating (my biggest challenge). It's great that Beachbody is coming out with these diverse workout programs, there is something for everyone on BOD.

Rhonda - The three shorter workouts in 80DO are Cardio Core, Legs, and Cardio Flow (40-50 minutes) and the longer workouts are AAA, Total Body Core, and Booty (some 60 minutes). You could probably make it work by rearranging the days to fit your schedule and doing the shorter workouts during your work week (and saving the longer workouts for your days off). The only pairings I wouldn't suggest doing back to back are Legs/Booty and AAA/Total Body Core. There's a calendar in the Program Materials tab on BOD that gives the times for all the workouts. You could plan your workout days using it. Hope that helps, I really did see some good results from 80DO and felt challenged through all of it. Give yourself two weeks to adjust and you will be like the rest of us 80DO fans.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 12:46 PM  
savvychica4

Kathy G - I think you hit the nail on the head with your comment in the other check-in. I've been doing so much Peak10 and Cathe hiit and cardio workouts which has increased my cardio endurance so it's no wonder that the Lift4 workouts are leaving me wanting something more. You make a good point about trying out one of the week 7 or 8 workouts to get a taste for how far the program progresses. I think if I was better at preplanning workouts to add on to the end of each Lift4 workout, I'd be happier too. I'm just not as good with combining workouts together on my own. That's one of the reasons I don't play around with Cathe's workout blender more. It's such an amazing tool, but I'm terrible about remembering details about past workouts to be able to put together good combinations. Thank goodness there are kind people out there that share their custom rotations with those folks like me, LOL.

I like your idea Loriann - I may try to revisit Lift4 in December when things get crazier. I did JNL Fusion last fall/early winter and it was great at keeping me from completely balooning up from all the yummy holiday treats.

I think that's also why I'm wanting to keep up with my longer, more intense workouts for the time being. We have already entered what I consider the season of yumminess and it's only going to get worse as the season progresses towards to the holidays. I'm not a believer in deprivation so my diet will never be perfect as I love the yummy treats of the season. So focusing on a little extra cardio/intensity helps me feel better about indulging a little here and there. Going to try to keep it up for as long as I can.

I think in January I'll probably start another round of 80DO. I have considered starting it sooner, but I'm concerned it'll be hard to keep up with the longer workouts once the truly busy holiday season is upon us. Starting after the hoildays will be a great way to get me back on track. Perhaps I'll even dabble into following the meal plan this time around---we shall see. Plus the new workouts that are being released next week will be available to everyone in January. So that's something to look forward to as well.
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-18, 06:42 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychica4 View Post
)
Plus the new workouts that are being released next week will be available to everyone in January. So that's something to look forward to as well.
Hi, what workouts are being released next week? Just curious to know what will be available in january. Hoping something good, usually is. I am in the second week of LIIFT4, hoping to make it through but we will see.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-18, 07:00 PM  
savvychica4

Hi Rhonda- Autumn is releasing “A Little More Obsesssd” this week. Basically an additional week’s worth of new 80DO style workouts. If you have subscription for Beachbody supplements I think you have access to them as of today. They will be available to all BBOD subscribers in January. I’m excited to try them but am going to wait patiently until January.
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 07:02 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Hi Rhonda- Autumn is releasing “A Little More Obsesssd” this week. Basically an additional week’s worth of new 80DO style workouts. If you have subscription for Beachbody supplements I think you have access to them as of today. They will be available to all BBOD subscribers in January. I’m excited to try them but am going to wait patiently until January.
Thanks, I can wait til January. I want to try some of her 80DO workouts first.
Old 10-09-18, 04:51 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
I almost forgot about this!! I find myself missing Autumn and the gang. But I don't have the supplement thing so guess I'll have to wait too.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 05:57 AM  
Rhonda

I am going to do my own thing. I tried a cardio core from 80DO and liked it. I started LIIFT4 but stopping as I think it is too short of anything. I like the weight lifting segments but could do without the HIIT.

So I will dabble in other programs and am thinking about Cathe's october rotation, it looks really good to me.
Old 10-11-18, 04:54 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
LIIFT4 is beginner (first two weeks) and intermediate (other six weeks). It is hard to go really heavy with the pace of the lifting because of the back-to-back pacing of the exercises and the thirty second breaks between sets isn't really enough time to fully recover.
Kathy: I went heavy right away (just did the first 2 together). It's killer, not much of a break, but the slower pace and 10 reps were just calling for me to lift heavy. Ow.

Today I totally went off schedule and tried the first two LIIFT4 workouts. Yeah, I been previewing a few and got the bug. Plus I was really Jonesing for some heavy lifting.

So LIIFT4 Week 1 Day 1: Chest/Triceps LIIFT 50/50 and Day 2: Back/Biceps Circuit. I skipped one cooldown and one warmup. I REALLY like these! I could go super heavy and I am really feeling it. I liked the cardio HiiT in the first one - nice way to change things up.
Joel is good, like the backgrounders (ooh Josh). I think I will add these in 1-2 days a week with my planned metabolic workouts. I won't do the written rotation like I did with 80DO, and will do two of them back to back to make a full hour.

I love to lift!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-18, 06:46 PM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Kathy: I went heavy right away (just did the first 2 together). It's killer, not much of a break, but the slower pace and 10 reps were just calling for me to lift heavy. Ow.

Today I totally went off schedule and tried the first two LIIFT4 workouts. Yeah, I been previewing a few and got the bug. Plus I was really Jonesing for some heavy lifting.

So LIIFT4 Week 1 Day 1: Chest/Triceps LIIFT 50/50 and Day 2: Back/Biceps Circuit. I skipped one cooldown and one warmup. I REALLY like these! I could go super heavy and I am really feeling it. I liked the cardio HiiT in the first one - nice way to change things up.
Joel is good, like the backgrounders (ooh Josh). I think I will add these in 1-2 days a week with my planned metabolic workouts. I won't do the written rotation like I did with 80DO, and will do two of them back to back to make a full hour.

I love to lift!
This is a great idea.. Doing two LIIFT workouts together!!! Thanks for this!! I like the workouts, but they care too short and just not enough for me. Totally trying this!!!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-18, 09:40 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

savvychica4 - Great plan! I agree, this is a really hard time of year to keep a rotation schedule with holiday events going on! I am so curious to see what the new "A Little More Obsessed" workouts are like! I also don't buy any BB supplements so I'll have to wait until January to see.

Rhonda - The Cathe October 2018 rotation looks great! Yeah, if you're used to working out longer than 30-40 minutes a day the LIIFT4 workouts won't seem like enough.

Kate - I agree with upperwestside, great job on getting two LIIFT4 workouts in together! Some of them do lend themselves to combining (especially the all HIIT workouts). I've been enjoying catching up on what I missed on Cathe Live.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
80 day obsession, bbod 80 day obsession, bod, clam, eccentric weight training, joel freeman, liift4, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal