Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-19-18, 10:09 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Today's workout was probably the most intense leg workout so far (or I'm deconditioned from 80DO for legs already, lol). I had to pause a couple of times during the weights section to catch my breath! I was going as heavy as I could with good form but my heart rate was getting up there!

Week 7 - Workout #26 – Legs LIIFT 50/50 – 39 Minutes

The format is weights for about 50% and HIIT & Abs for about 50%. The weight portion was alternating leg exercises for 10 reps/three sets. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy as you can for 10 reps.

Weights:
Series 1:
Front Loaded Squat – 10 reps
Dead Lift – 10 reps
Calf Raise (straight, angled in, angled out) – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Alternating Side Lunge w/two dumbbells – 10 reps
Pulsing Squat w/one dumbbell – 10 reps
Hip Bridge w/two dumbbells – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 3:
Sumo Squat with single dumbbell – 10 reps
Single Leg Back lunge - left – 10 reps
Single Leg Back lunge - right– 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

HIIT:
Twisting Mountain Climbers – modification was to slow down (30 seconds)
Rest 15 seconds
Soccer Sprint – modification was slow down and no hop (30 seconds)
Rest 15 seconds
Squat Jump –modification was squat, lift up onto toes – (30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Prayer crunches (hands together, crunch up and down not touching floor) – modification touch floor
Bicycle Twists – (modification was crunch up and touch elbow to opposite knee)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-18, 10:50 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kathy: Leg day for me today too. I don't think I'll be trying LIIFT4 for a little while. Thanks for that tip. I didn't think about streaming issues. Plus I really want to hit some of my DVDs for a while. I have a ton of untried workouts!
So glad to hear you'll come over to Fitchicks!

Yesterday: I put both the cardio workouts together so I could fit all of Peak Week in 5 days. Peak Week Day 76 Cardio Flow & Day 79 Cardio Core (ph2). I skipped a warmup and a cooldown and it all fit in pretty well. Probably my least favorite of the series (the cardio isn't very intense) but they are both good workouts and I needed to do them!

Today: 80DO Peak Week Day 77 Legs (ph1). Nothing but weighted leg work and I loved it. I went way heavy and my legs and butt are really feeling it. I have a feeling Total Body Core tomorrow will be tough. Dang surrenders too!

Thinking about a future rotation of Hammer & Chisel. I had the set, traded it, got it back, traded it again. For whatever reason I didn't like it but after previewing a couple of the workouts, I'm thinking of doing my own rotation mixing one Hammer workout with one Chisel workout. They're all 30-40 min workouts so is doable to combine them for me.
But that won't be for a while. If I do any BOD workouts next it will be LIIFT4.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-18, 02:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Holy Hannah! My aching legs!! Butt too! Like = hard to sit on the toilet!
Leg day yesterday is talking to me big time. Not easy to exercise this morning, but once I got moving it did get better. But my legs from butt to feet are sore!

Today I did do 80DO Peak Week Day 78 Total Body Core (ph3). Tough stuff! I am beginning to realize I just don't care for Surrenders to Shoulder Presses! My legs didn't want to work. Haha. I kind of cheated and just did shoulder presses but I used my two 20s to make it challenging. Love/hate Turkish getups with pushups. Ow.

I only have one 80DO workout left - Booty. Since I did both the cardio workouts yesterday. I watch Weekly Obsession and I think I'll be weepy during this last workout too. I read back to Kathy's posts and it sounds like everyone was a little misty.

Wow, this was a long but fun rotation! At first I didn't think this was going to be much, but it really was good. Intense and challenging enough when I used the weights and loops for me.
Sometimes I modified, sometimes I skipped and did something else. But for the most part I stuck with it.
Hmmm, maybe I'll do A Little Obsessed? LOL....

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 09-20-18, 02:33 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Yay Kate!!!! You did it, only one more day! So proud of you! I agree it's challenging if you find the right weight and loops that work for you. Best wishes for tomorrow!

P.S. I did a 3 mile run/walk on my treadmill this morning. Back to LIIFT4 tomorrow.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-20-18, 04:34 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Pretty exciting and I thank you all for the encouragement!
But ow...thinking about doing Booty when my legs are so sore now. But I'll do it!!!

Old 09-24-18, 09:28 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Kate - Hope your final 80DO workout was good! It's bittersweet when it ends. I'd love to hear what your workout plans are now that you're finished with 80DO.

Friday I did Cathe Live Compound HIIT because I spent 10 minutes trying to get BOD to work. I forgot to download that weeks workouts to my iPad so I was out of luck. I decided to just do a Cathe Live and catch up later.

Saturday was a rest day and I ran/walked 11 miles on my treadmill on Sunday. If the weather is good, I will probably do the half marathon I signed up for next weekend.

So this morning I did the last two workouts of Week 7. I'm really liking the Shred phase of this program. Tons packed into about 39 minutes or less!

Week 7 - Workout #27 – Shoulders & Arms Circuit – 39 Minutes

The format for this workout is alternating a shoulder and a bicep or tricep exercise for 10 reps repeated for (3) rounds. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy as you can for 10 reps.

Series 1:
Front Raise – 10 reps
W Curl – 10 reps
Side Raise – 10 reps
Kickbacks – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Shoulder Press (Goal Post) – 10 reps
Hammer Curls – 10 reps
Upright Row – 10 reps
Scull Crushers – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Burnout (30 seconds):
Swimmers (side raise, rotate into front raise, lower, then reverse) – 10 reps
Bicep Curls
Tricep Pushups (modification was on knees)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Dumbbell Driver – crunch up with light weight –left, center, right (modification no weight)
Crunch Up w/one dumbbell above chest- flutter legs (or modified with bent knees)
*Repeat 3 times

Week 7 - Workout #28 – Full Body HIIT – 32 Minutes

The format is HIIT followed by Abs (no weight work). There are three series of (2) exercises repeated (3) times with decreasing times. Followed by a burnout round which are all of the exercises for 30 seconds and then abs.

Series 1:
Single Leg Squat Jump switching legs @ 30 seconds – modification take out jump (60 seconds)
Rest 20 seconds
Pushup with a knee tuck (modification was step the knee tuck in) – 45 seconds
Rest 20 seconds
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Squat Jacks (modification was step out side to side, with a touch down) – 45 seconds
Rest 15 seconds
Triple Bear Hop – right, center, left, center – (modification was step not hop) - 30 seconds
Rest 15 seconds
*Repeat 3 times

Series 3:
Plyo Pushups – Wide/Tricep (modification was on knees) – 30 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Squared Squat – right, center, left, center – modification squat up onto toes (15 seconds)
Rest 10 seconds
*Repeat 3 times

Burnout (1x):
Single Leg Squat Jump switching legs @ 15 seconds – modification take out jump (30 seconds)
Pushup with a knee tuck (modification was step the knee tuck in) – 30 seconds
Squat Jacks (modification was step out to side, touch down) – 30 seconds
Triple Bear Hop – right, center, left, center – modification was step not hop (30 seconds)
Plyo Pushups – Wide/Tricep (modification was on knees) – 30 seconds
Squared Squat – right, center, left, center – modification squat up onto toes (30 seconds)

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Scissors – on back, hands under hips, crunch up, scissor legs in and out (modification was bent knees)
Arms extended sit ups – Arms extended at 90 degrees and sit up (modification was crunch)
Straight Leg Bicycle – alternating legs (modification was bent knee - crunch into bicycle)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-24-18, 04:45 PM  
savvychica4

Hi Ladies -

I survived my work trip last week. Caught a nasty cold with a bad cough thanks to all the traveling so the past week has been a slower one for me from a workout standpoint. I took quite a few rest days last week hoping it would help me get over this cold faster. Unfortunately, I have not been so lucky. Usually when I get a cough like this I'll have it for several weeks...seems to happen to me every year around this time.

Because I know this darn cough will stick around awhile I decided on Saturday to get back to my daily workouts. I'm a big believer in listening to your body when dealing with getting over being sick. Not wanting to completely overdo it while my body is trying to heal, I decided that this week I'll focus on JNL Fusion workouts. They are on the shorter side, but do a nice job of combining weights and cardio. I thought this would be a good warm up to Lift4 which I'm hoping to start next week. I think the weights the cast use are a little on the light side, so I bump up my weights a bit and get a nice little workout.

KateTT - Hope you enjoyed your Peak Week last week! It's such an accomplishment to make it to the end of a rotation! So glad you decided to give 80O a shot and that you enjoyed it!

Kathy-Will this be your last week of Lift4? I can't believe how quickly the time has gone!!! I'm super excited to give the program a shot next week. After reading all your recaps, I have high hopes!

Oh and Kate thanks for sharing the link to the regular check-in group. I'll start checking in there next week when I start Lift4! I've really enjoyed checking in with you ladies over the last few months and am excited to keep it going.
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 09:39 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

savvychica4 - Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! I hope your cough is getting better. I agree, it's hard to workout when you don't feel great. I think you'll really enjoy LIIFT4 because it's a really good program and it allows the flexibility to add other workouts. This week is my last week of this program and I'll start posting in the check in too!

This week's chest/back workout was similar to last week but Joel reconfigured the exercises which made it seem different. All of the exercises are your traditional dumbbell weight exercises but the pacing is really good to go heavy. The rests are minimal but I think that's on purpose because there's a lot to fit in the time allotment plus it adds to the intensity. ETA: I also tacked on Cathe's Step, Jump, & Pump step only premix. One of may favorites, it just boosts my mood with the music and fun step routine.

Week 8 - Workout #29 – Chest / Back Circuit – 37 Minutes

The format is for this workout is (4) exercises per superset for 10 reps repeated for (3) rounds. It consisted of two chest exercises followed by two back exercises. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy or heavier as last week if you can for the 10 reps.

Series 1:
Rotating Chest Press – 10 reps
Decline Chest Press (floor with glute bridge) – 10 reps
Pullover – 10 reps
Wide Double Arm Row – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Chest Press – 10 reps
Chest Fly – 10 reps
Traditional Double Arm Row – 10 reps
Reverse Fly – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Burnout Round:
Traditional Pushups – (30 seconds)
Back Extensions – (30 seconds)
Wide Arm Pushups – (30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Dumbbell Prayer Crunch – (hands together, crunch up, reaching between knees w/dumbbell) – (modification was no weight)
Straight leg lifts – lower straight legs, lift up with hip lift – modification was bent knees
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-25-18, 04:26 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Ladies!!! Well I finished 80DO!!! A little later than expected. I ended up having to drive hubby to an early morning dentist appointment so didn't get a workout in on Friday so I did Peak Week Day 80 Booty(ph2) yesterday. Sad but REALLY glad I decided to do this whole rotation! It was fun, challenging, and I really came to like the cast and Autumn.

Today I popped in KCM's Cardio Pump. New to me - I did both workouts back to back. It was good. The cardio boxing wasn't too difficult but I used my 3lb gloves to amp it up. The Pump section was very good. I went super heavy and it was killer but just what I wanted.

So not quite sure what my next workouts will be. I have a ton of untried DVDs that I kept accumulating, so I may work my way through those for a while.
I'm also going to FL to visit my folks next week Mon-Fri so I may not get a lot of workouts in. I think what I'll do when I'm down there are workouts from A Little Obsessed as I never tried those.

I will definitely come back to some of the 80DO workouts. The Leg and Booty workouts are super, and yes, I even came to like Cardio Flow. A little.

Savvy: I hope you feel better soon and I can't wait to "see" you in Fitchicks. We have a small but fun group and now adding two more awesome chicks!

Kathy: You have done amazing with LIIFT and 80DO - I SO appreciate your posts and breakdowns. I will definitely try LIIFT once the hoopla has died down a little.

I'll keep checking in here too, just to keep up on the last few posts. See you on the other thread!

Old 09-26-18, 03:29 PM  
pharma_gal

For those that did the 80 day program, do you think there is enough upper body work? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
80 day obsession, bbod 80 day obsession, bod, clam, eccentric weight training, joel freeman, liift4, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal