Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-18, 10:11 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

savvychica4 - I saw the announcement on Facebook for the additional 80DO workouts! I don't use any BB performance products or shakeology so I'll be waiting for the January release date on BOD. I think I'll be starting another round of 80DO mid November so I won't be ready for it until the beginning of the new year anyway.

Rhonda - there's a calendar on BOD for 80DO that lists all the times of each workout. It's under the "Program Materials" tab. The shorter workouts were Cardio Core, Legs, and Cardio Flow which were usually 40-50 minutes in length. Maybe give a couple of those a try and see if you like the program. Autumn talks during 80DO but it's not annoying or distracting. She's usually giving form pointers, counting, or motivating.

Kate - Sometimes you just need that little break to come back strong! I did Peak Week and actually liked it other than having to repeat Phase 3 Total Body Core! It makes you realize how far you've come since Phase 1 or 2.

Here's last week up until today:

Wed: Cathe Live Crush It Low Impact
Thurs: Cathe Live Low Impact Cardio HIIT
Fri: Cathe Live Strong Upperbody Express
Sat: Rest
Sun: Cathe Live Bootcamp Blast Off
Mon: Rest

Today I finished out LIIFT4 Week 5. I'm going to keep going and finish up Week 6 by Sunday. I enjoyed today, it was a nice mix/combo of exercises. It kept my heartrate up the entire time. The only time I felt ankle discomfort was when I tried to do the "butterfly" stretch at the end. Oh my! Twisting my ankle outward was not good! I will avoid those types of moves until it's completely healed.

Week 5 - Workout #20 – Legs LIIFT 50/50 – 39 Minutes

The format is weights for 50% and HIIT & Abs for 50%. The weight portion was alternating leg exercises for 10 reps/three sets. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy as you can for 10 reps.

Weights:
Series 1:
Front Loaded Squat – 10 reps
Calf Raise (straight, angled in, angled out) – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Sumo Squat with single dumbbell – 10 reps
Alternating Back lunge – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 3:
Dead Lift – 10 reps
Alternating Side Lunge w/two dumbbells – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

HIIT:
Fast feet into burpee – modification was to step back into burpee (60 seconds)
Rest 15 seconds
Sumo Squat Jumps – modification was squat and rise up on toes (45 seconds)
Rest 15 seconds
Triple Bear Hop – right, center, left, center – modification was step not hop – (30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Dumbbell extensions – hold dumbbell above head, crunch up toward toes w/straight legs, then lower
Straight leg lifts – lower straight legs, lift up with hip lift – modification was bent knees
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-18, 10:30 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kathy: Great mix of workouts for you! Cathe Live and Lift! Nice job! I hope your ankle keeps getting better!
I think I needed the break more mentally than physically. Even though each class is different, the moves aren't and my exercise ADD starts to kick in. But I really have been enjoying 80DO and will more than likely go back and do my own kind of rotation with them. Also waiting for the new ones to come out in Jan.

Yesterday I went back to 80DO Phase 3 Day 69 AAA. This phase is supposed to be more lighter weights and more 'burnout' but I went way heavier and am sure feeling it this morning. Those Czech presses with 10lbs is just too light for me. ;-)

Today I skipped go ol' Cardio Flow and went back to Daily Burn Spartan and did Endurance & Army Crawl. Two shorter workouts again. Killer good! My upper body was pretty sore from AAA so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I kicked major butt! Endurance was luckily mostly lower body and back focused using heavy weights and some bodyweight.
Army Crawl was all bodyweight and on the floor with stuff like spiderman pushups, bear crawls and yes, the Army crawl. Really excellent!

Note: I ended up not paying attention and my old Daily Burn subscription got renewed. I just noticed it last week so I stopped it again but have until 9/20 to use it. So....that's why the Daily Burn workouts lately. They are awesome workouts, but I really don't want another subscription.

Have a great day!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 11:09 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Kate - I understand, I feel the same way. Rotations are great but you start missing your "favorite" workouts too. When I do 80DO again, I'll probably do a phase then take a week break with Cathe Live or Les Mills before I start the next phase. It'll take longer but I think it will be more "enjoyable" for me. I like Daily Burn but I let my subscription go this year. I got an email to come back for a fraction of the cost but even at that rate, I don't use it enough to justify the price. Ugh, too many subscriptions too little time, lol!

This is the final "Build It" week of LIIFT4. The last two weeks will be the "Shred It" phase. I haven't previewed next week so I don't know what the difference will be yet. Looking at the calendar there will be 50/50 Legs with weights and two days of circuits plus a full body HIIT day. I'm ready for a little change up.

Week 6 - Workout #21 – Chest / Triceps Circuit – 38 Minutes

The format is for this workout is (4) exercises per superset for 10 reps repeated for (3) rounds. It alternates a chest exercise with a tricep exercise. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy as last week if you can for the 10 reps.

Series 1:
Rotating Chest Press – 10 reps
Scull Crusher - 10 reps
Chest Fly – 10 reps
Single Side Crusher – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Chest Press – 10 reps
Close Grip Tricep Press – 10 reps
Decline Chest Press (floor with glute bridge) – 10 reps
Kickback – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Burnout Round:
Wide Arm Pushup – (30 seconds)
Tricep Pushup – (30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Crunch Up – Reach side to side toward toes (modification was shorter reach to heels)
Crunch Up w/one dumbbell above chest- flutter legs (or modified with bent knees)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-13-18, 09:32 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

This morning I felt pretty good so I did the LIIFT4 workout below and also added on a Leslie two mile walk (from the Miracle Miles set). I liked the flow of this LIIFT4 workout and the HIIT section was one of the more intense ones.

Week 6 - Workout #22 – Back / Biceps LIIFT 50/50 – 37 Minutes

The format is weights for 50% and HIIT & Abs for 50%. The three weight series exercises alternate back & bicep for 10 reps/three sets. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy as you can for 10 reps.

Weights:
Series 1:
Traditional Double Arm Row – 10 reps
Hammer Curls – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Reverse Fly – 10 reps
Bicep Curl – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 3:
Pullover – 10 reps
W Curl – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

HIIT:
Catcher Squat w/jump (Squat, jump back, jump back into squat, hold, jump up – 60 seconds)
Rest 15 seconds
Twisting Mountain Climbers (45 seconds)
Rest 15 seconds
180 Degree Jump Right – Left - modification was squat come up onto toes only - (30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
DB Toe Reaches – Reach DB toward raised, straight legs (modification was bent knees)
Straight Leg Bicycle – alternating legs (modification was bent knee - crunch into bicycle)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-13-18, 04:59 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kathy: I can definitely see coming back to 80DO and just do my own rotation. It is fun, just gotta move on.

Well I have made this last week pretty wicked. I decided to lift as heavy as I could even with the 15 reps. Ow ow ow.

Yesterday I did Phase 3 Day 71 Legs and used my 30lb dumbells and 45 lb kbell throughout. Oh my! Talk about sore legs! But it was awesome!

Today Phase 3 Day 72 Total Body Core. Also went heavier than other weeks. I do NOT like the surrenders first thing in the workout! I do like the Turkish Getups.

I haven't decided if I'm going to skip Cardio Core and just do Booty. Or skip Booty. My legs are still sore. Then next week I'm going to do all the Peak Week workouts. Last hurrah!

Have a goodie!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 09-14-18, 11:46 AM  
savvychica4

Hi Ladies -

Sorry I haven't been able to check in. The last couple of weeks have been super crazy. Not sure what was going on with me last week but I was so grumpy when it came to working out. I felt bored and uninspired to workout I guess. I would have taken the entire week of, but I'm traveling for work all next week that would be a better time to take a mini-break from working out. So I just forced myself through last week. I'm glad I did because by the time Saturday came around (my designated Peak 10 day) I was feeling more like myself again and was back to being excited about working out.

This week I decided to focus on metabolic/bootcamp workouts. I hit the bootcamp workouts from Cathe's ICE, Strong & Sweaty, Fit Tower, etc. I focused on her non-Live workouts which was a nice change of pace from the last few weeks. Today I switched things up and decided to do Fit Splits Shred Cardio/Push Day. This workout is always a huge calorie burner for me. My heart rate always gets up into the Hiit range. It probably doesn't hurt that I use my blue FIRM transformer step for the shred cardio which is a smidge taller than a normal step with two risers on each side. I love the rep range and pace of the Push workout as well. My heart rate stays up pretty high during the weight portion which is a nice plus. I'm going to try to fit in a few more of the Fit Split workouts before I leave for my work trip on Monday.

I'm getting really excited about the fact that in just a couple of weeks I'll finally have access to Lift4! I'm really looking forward to getting back to lifting heavy on a regular basis--something I haven't done since I finished 80DO.

Glad to see they finally announced the surprise extra workouts they are adding for 80DO. Since there are only one week's of new workouts it's not really worth it to me to sign up for a supplement subscription in order to access them early. Plus I'll have Lift4 to keep me busy for at least 8 weeks this fall. Waiting until January shouldn't be that bad! lol.

Also side note---I follow quite a few Beachbody coaches on social media and recently came across one who is currently in a test group for a new Sagi workout program! She hasn't given away many details yet (probably not allowed to say much), but I was really excited to hear that he's working on something new. On one of her posts she was doing bicep curls and commented about how she was usually a much lighter weight than she normally would but that the way he has this program set up you are still really challenging your muscles. Hmmmmm, very intriguing!!! Can't wait to hear more! I'm guessing whatever this program is, it's in the really early stages and won't be disclosed for quite awhile. Still something to look forward to!

KathyG-Can't believe you are just a couple of weeks from completing Lift4. Thank you so much for documenting your journey through the workouts. I'm going to be going back and rereading your post when I start my rotation in October. Can you believe it's almost October?

KateTT-woot!! You are killing 80DO!!! I really enjoyed Peak Week. Even though you are repeating the moves from earlier workouts since they are filmed like new workouts (and Autumn even makes a few modifications to some of the earlier moves to make them harder) you shouldn't get bored and the workouts will still be challenging (especially the way you are upping your weights)!

Well if I don't get a chance to check in again before I leave on Monday--have a great next week ladies!
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-18, 12:50 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Kate - Great job on the last week of Phase 3! I didn't like either one - the surrenders or the Turkish getups, lol! Enjoy Peak Week! It's great to go back in phases and see how much you've progressed.

savvychica4 - Cathe's metabolic bootcamp workouts are some of my favorite. You get a lot done in one workout! Glad to hear your mojo came back by the end of the week, sometimes you just have to push through and when you're finished....you feel very accomplished! Now you have intrigued me with the new Sagi program info. I can't wait for something new from him. I like Hammer and Chisel but would love something new with just him. I think you're going to really like LIIFT4, it's a really "compact" type of program that gets a lot done in 30-40 minutes. It also leaves time during the week to do other workouts you enjoy too.

Tomorrow is the last day of LIIFT4 Week 6 and it's the Leg HIIT day (not my favorite but I'll do it, lol!) I like the leg days with weights and they are in both week 7 & 8 when I looked at the weight tracker sheet. Oh my, those "Swimmers" in series 3 today were brutal! I tried to go up in weight but quickly adjusted and went back down again. Joel tacking them on as the last weight exercise made it more of a burner move...and boy did they burn!

Week 6 - Workout #23 – Shoulders LIIFT Intervals – 30 Minutes

The format for this workout is (2) exercises for 10 reps followed by a HIIT move repeated for (3) rounds. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy as you can for 10 reps.

Series 1:
Shoulder Press (Goal Post) – 10 reps
Upright Row – 10 reps
High Knee Run – modification high knee march (60 seconds) – HIIT
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Front Raise – 10 reps
Side Raise – 10 reps
Skaters - HIIT
*Repeat 3 times

Series 3:“Y” Front Raise – 10 reps
Swimmers (side raise, rotate into front raise, lower, then reverse) – 10 reps
180 Degree Jump Right/Left - modification squat, stand, lift up on toes (60 seconds) - HIIT
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Dumbbell extensions – hold dumbbell above head, crunch up toward toes w/straight legs, then lower
Scissors – on back, hands under hips, crunch up, scissor legs in and out (modification was bent knees)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-17-18, 10:26 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

This last leg HIIT workout wasn't that bad, lol! I liked that three of the four exercises were standing. I don't like when the sweat drips into my face from the floor moves.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Week 6 - Workout #24 – Legs HIIT – 28 Minutes

The format is HIIT followed by Abs (no weights). There are (4) exercises repeated (3) times with 15 second breaks then repeated for 30 seconds each two times through with no breaks as the burnout.

HIIT:
Single Leg Squat Jump switching legs @ 30 seconds – modification take out jump (60 seconds) – HIIT Rest 15 seconds
Triple Bear Hop – right, center, left, center – modification was step not hop (45 seconds)
Rest 15 seconds
Soccer ball Kicks (fast) – modification was slow down – (30 seconds)
Squat Jump- modification was to take jump out and go up on toes – (15 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Burnout:
Single Leg Squat Jump switching legs @ 30 seconds – (30 seconds)
Triple Bear Hop – right, center, left, center – modification was step not hop (30 seconds)
Soccerball Kicks (fast) – modification was slow down– (30 seconds)
Squat Jump- modification was to take jump out and go up on toes - (30 seconds)
*Repeat once

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Side Plank Hold with leg lift – modification was knee on floor
Switch side – Side Plank Hold with Leg lift
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-17-18, 02:45 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Savvy: You're probably gone, but I understand about the lack of mojo. I have some dread days, but once I get moving I feel much better. Have fun with your metabolic workouts! I have committed to doing every single Peak Week workout. I skipped occasional workouts in past phases but I wanted to finish out with everything.
I would be all over any new Sagi workouts if they involve heavy lifting. I LOVE Beast. Funny though I didn't care as much for Hammer & Chisel. Maybe I should revisit them?

Kathy: If today is any indication, I'll like Peak Week. I think it's a great idea to throw in a little bit of everything.
You continue to rock Liift! As with 80DO, I am enjoying your posts. I don't know if I'll start it right away in Oct, but I do want to try it.

FYI: For any of you gals who want a "regular" check in room, please feel free to drop by Fitchicks. It's me and a few other gals. No requirements, just that you exercise and like to share your experiences. http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=223786

For me:
Friday was a mix. I did 80DO Phase 3 Day 73 Cardio Core plus Daily Burn Spartan Traverse & Hoist. I cut out some warmups and cooldowns and even a set or two, but got an amazing 70 minute workout! Tough doing all that at the end of the week.
Troy Hadeed Yoga from Gaia at noon.

Today is the last week of 80DO! Peak Week! GREAT start to the end of the week with Peak Week Day 75 AAA (from Ph1).
Went heavier than the others but not killer heavy and it was a really good workout! Nice start to the week. I am going to miss these!
Loved me some Rudy on Udaya at lunch.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Old 09-18-18, 10:41 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Kate - Great job of ending Phase 3 with a bang! Glad to hear that you're enjoying Peak Week! You might be better off waiting a week or two to start LIIFT4. I had issues with streaming 80DO when it first started last January. I think there were tons of people accessing and it would spurt and sputter for me. I ended up downloading workouts to my iPad (in the BOD app) because it was annoying. So if you're a week or two behind, you won't be on the same week as thousands of people, lol. Thanks for the link to the check in! I'll start checking in there when I finish LIIFT4.

I LOVED today's workout! It was all heavy lifting and nicely paced. I previewed the next couple of weeks and I think I'm going to enjoy the two "Shred" weeks more than the "Build" weeks. I sweated just as much as if I had also done cardio, I think working the larger muscle groups together creates a good burn.

Week 7 - Workout #25 – Chest / Back Circuit – 39 Minutes

The format is for this workout is (4) exercises per superset for 10 reps repeated for (3) rounds. It consisted of two chest exercises followed by two back exercises. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy or heavier as last week if you can for the 10 reps.

Series 1:
Chest Press – 10 reps
Chest Fly – 10 reps
Traditional Double Arm Row – 10 reps
Reverse Fly – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Rotating Chest Press – 10 reps
Decline Chest Press (floor with glute bridge) – 10 reps
Pullover – 10 reps
Wide Double Arm Row – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Burnout Round:
Traditional Pushups – (30 seconds)
Back Extensions – (30 seconds)
Wide Arm Pushups – (30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Crunch with dumbbell – legs straight up – (modification was bent knees and no weight)
Side to side drops (windshield wipers) - (modification was bent knees)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k

Tags
80 day obsession, bbod 80 day obsession, bod, clam, eccentric weight training, joel freeman, liift4, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal