Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-18, 06:27 PM  
savvychica4

Happy Wednesday Ladies -

Loriann - You are right...the Peak band is evil. I'm convinced that the ones that Michelle and her team are using in the DVDs have to be easier than the ones they sent out to the rest of us. Michelle and her team make the moves look effortless. lol. Great job on your bike ride! I wish I had somewhere close where I could ride a bike. The neighborhood we live in is simply too small and is made up of only two streets. My neighbors would think I was crazy if they saw me riding back and forth and back and forth one day. haha.

KateTT- Great job on keeping up the heavy weights in Phase 3. I can't believe you are already to day 62! I'm jealous that you get to do yoga over your lunch each day. Yoga is the one thing that I wish I could work into my schedule more. I do some basic yoga stretch every day as part of my cool down from whatever workout I happen to do that day. My body always feel so good when I'm able to do yoga regularly. Hmmm, I may be able to add on more yoga into my daily workouts when I tackle Lift4 in October.

Today I did Cathe's Lift It Hit It - Legs. I was tempted to do the Compound Hiit Live workout today, but just as I suspected my upper body was soooo sore from yesterday's workout that I decided to focus on lower body today.
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 11:42 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Kate - Ugh, I get motion sickness too! I always have to take something when we go on cruises or boat rides. I even get motion sickness if I'm in the backseat of a car now. I need to have a focal point like the road to not feel it. You are cruising through the 80DO workouts! Wow, you're in the "60s" weeks already! Only 18 or less to go!

savvychica 4 - You are so right about the Peak 10 workouts! They are TOUGH! I didn't like that band either, I think I subbed different bands when I did the workouts or used weights where I could make them work. I love the Lift It Hit It weight workouts. I'll have to revisit them sometime.

Loriann - GREAT job on the bike rides! That's so awesome that you can share that with your DH. There's a bike/job path right by my house that I use for long runs and outdoor walks. I have a bike (buried deep, deep, in the garage, lol!) I need to pull it out and dust it off!

Yesterday I did the LIIFT4 Back Biceps workout below and this morning I ran/walked 2 miles on my treadmill. I'm winding down for the 12 hour trail race that I'm doing on Sunday. It's loops of 5 miles (and out and back markers for marathon and 50k distances). I just didn't train as well as I should have so I'm just going to get out there and do as many loops as I can. When I'm done, I'm done, lol! Have a great weekend everyone! Talk to you next week.

Week 5 - Workout #18 – Back / Biceps Circuit – 35 Minutes

The format is for this workout is (4) exercises per superset for 10 reps repeated for (3) rounds. It alternates a back exercise with a bicep exercise. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going heavier than last week if you can for 10 reps.

Series 1:
Traditional Double Arm Row – 10 reps
Top Curl (going down halfway) – 10 reps
Wide Double Arm Row – 10 reps
Bottom Curl (coming up halfway) – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Pullover – 10 reps
Hammer Curls – 10 reps
Reverse Fly – 10 reps
W Curl – 10 reps
*Repeat 3 times

Burnout Round:
Superman (feet planted on floor, raise up, release, repeat) – (30 seconds)
Bicep Curl – (30 seconds)
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Straight Leg Bicycle – alternating legs (modification was bent knee - crunch into bicycle)
Plank on elbow - shift forward and back (modified to full plank with arms extended - on knees)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 12:09 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

You girls are so nice! I love all the "good job" posts for everyone. We really DO do a good job, don't we?!

Savvy: I just started working from home a little over 2 years ago. Having the time to practice a little Yoga makes my life so much better! I sometimes run errands over lunch, but manage to fit in something almost every day. I just eat lunch at my desk when I'm done.
I would go insane without Yoga and Meditating!

Kathy: I can NOT ride in the backseat unless it's just a short trip. Blech.
BEST OF LUCK on your race on Sunday! Definitely just do what you can, but I bet you can get through the whole thing! You can do it!!

Today was 80DO Phase 3 Day 63 AAA. Because of scheduling I'm kind of out of order, but I didn't want to skip this one. I really liked the format of working thru each group of 4 exercises three times before moving on to the next.
Just getting ready for a little Yoga. Later gators!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 09:58 PM  
Loriann

Kathy

I still laugh that upthread somewhere you called one of the 80DO workouts grueling and here you are embarking on a 12 HOUR trail run! I call that grueling.

Good luck on the race. I know you will do great! We will be cheering you on from afar!

Lori
Old 08-31-18, 07:11 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann View Post
Kathy

I still laugh that upthread somewhere you called one of the 80DO workouts grueling and here you are embarking on a 12 HOUR trail run! I call that grueling.

Good luck on the race. I know you will do great! We will be cheering you on from afar!

Lori
Lol Lori, this made me laugh! I’m a special kind of crazy! . Thanks for the well wishes.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-04-18, 09:22 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! My weekend was:

Friday - Rest day
Saturday - Rest day
Sunday - Race
Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - LIIFT4 Shoulder

Ugh, race did not go as well as planned, lol. I fell about 2 miles into the first 5 mile loop and twisted my ankle. The course is a rocky, hilly, landscape and it had rained the day before so it was wet and muddy. I lost my footing and went sprawling! I've learned to "relax" into a fall and not tense up. I ended up with a scraped leg, bloody finger, and a bruised ankle. I was able to get in 13 more miles before my ankle started swelling up. So not a total loss but not as well as planned. I probably could have gotten the marathon length in but then I would have probably hobbled myself for the rest of the season and I have more races planned, ugh. Anyway, today my ankle is just a little swollen and bruised but I'm able to move it around with little discomfort. I think it's a mild sprain that will heal quickly. This happened to me a few years ago when I fell and sprained my ankle doing a step workout.

My plan is wait until Saturday to do the last week 5 LIIFT4 workout which is legs. I'll fill in the rest of this week with low impact Cathe Lives and some upper body workouts.

Week 5 - Workout #19 – Shoulders LIIFT Intervals – 29 Minutes

The format for this workout is (2) exercises for 10 reps followed by a HIIT move repeated for (3) rounds. They used dumbbells and Joel suggested going as heavy as you can for 10 reps.

Series 1:
Upright Row – 10 reps
Shoulder Press (Goal Post) – 10 reps
Single Leg Squat Jump switching legs @ 30 seconds – modification take out jump (60 seconds) – HIIT
*Repeat 3 times

Series 2:
Front Raise – 10 reps
Side Raise – 10 reps
180 Degree Jump Right/Left - modification squat, stand, lift up on toes (60 seconds) - HIIT
*Repeat 3 times

Series 3:
Shoulder Chest Press – (Pec Deck- light weights) – 10 reps
“Y” Front Raise – 10 reps
Mountain Climbers with Twist – modification move slower – HIIT
*Repeat 3 times

Abs – 30 seconds each:
Driving Crunches – crunch up with light weight –left, center, right (modification no weight)
Prayer Crunch – (hands together, crunch up, reaching between knees)
*Repeat 3 times
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Old 09-04-18, 06:42 PM  
savvychica4

Oh Kathy I am so sorry to hear about your fall during your race. So glad to hear that cayou didn't hurt yourself too badly. Injuries are never fun no matter how serious, but it sounds like you have a good plan to give your ankle a little rest this week. Sending lots of positive/healing thoughts your way this week!!!

Here are the workouts I completed over the weekend:
Friday: Finally did the Compound Cathe Live (loved it, thank you so much for the recommendation)
Saturday: Peak 10 Cardio Strength Studio Edition #1 (Loriann you were right the studio additions do seem a little less intense than the original DVD versions, but this was still a darn good workout).
Sunday: Peak 10 Cardio Intervals Studio Edition (I know you aren't supposed to do hiit workouts on consecutive days, but my body was feeling good so I went for it. lol, thankfully I survived. )
Monday: Cathe Strong and Sweaty PHA Training (decided to take things down a notch yesterday after all the tough cardio the past few days. I love this workout. It has a nice cardio effect without any jumping/impact.
Today: WELL DESERVED REST DAY!

Once again my workout ADD is starting to get the best of me. I'm getting a little antsy again. I'm really tempted to start up Les Mills OD just for something different to do, but I'm really going to try to hold out. I keep reminding myself that in a month I'll be able to dive into Lift4 and Les Mills will be sitting there unused. I suppose I could sign up for just a month of LMOD though---now there's a thought! LOL.

Oh and I saw on social media that Beachbody and Autumn have something up their sleeves. They haven't announced it publicly yet (at least not that I know of), but they are saying that they have a surprise for anyone that has a subscription for shakeology or their performance line. One of the teasers I saw on Autumn's page showed her walking onto the 80DO set so I'm wondering if they are going to release some additional workouts. This would get me really excited but I'm a little annoyed that it sounds like whatever the surprise is won't be available to all BBOD subscribers (at least not initially). I don't use their supplements (shakeology actually hurts my stomach) so whatever the surprise is I guess I'll have to just wait until it's released to everyone. For all I know it could just be another coaching group run by Autumn which they've already done a few times this year. It was hard to tell from the teasers I saw. I guess we will find out eventually! Keeping my fingers crossed it's new workouts though and that eventually they will be available to everyone on BBOD! I guess time will tell!

Have a great short week ladies!!!
savvychica4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 06:19 AM  
Rhonda

I signed up for BBOD and my first workout was the sample LIIFT4 (which I know you can do without BBOD). I loved it. I cannot wait now for the program in october.

This week I decided to do a little obsessed. man does Autumn talk and talk and talk. She never shuts up and it can drive me a bit batty. I figured I can handle the 5 days and I do like the workouts.

is she like this in the 80 day obsessed workouts? Also are all the workouts in 80 days 60 minutes? I wanted to try a couple but it looks like they are 60 minutes and I just don't want a workout that long. I like her 30 minute format and I can squeeze in up to 40-45 minutes.

I am thinking about doing a different lifting program each week until I can get LIIFT4. Just have to figure out what other programs I want to try.

I was thinking about maybe hard corps but will have to see what else there is. I don't care for Sagi so I am staying away from bodybeast. Will look at the others.

So far enjoying BBOD.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 02:10 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kathy: So sorry to hear you fell!! But what a champ to keep on going! I hope your 'battle wounds' are healing. I love that you just keep on working out! Yes you can always do a little more upper body.

savvychica4: Interesting about the Autumn surprise. It would be nice if it was more 80DO. I don't mind BB supplements, but they are too spendy for me.
Yes, try a free trial of LMOD. I bought a year subscription because I LOVE Les Mills and knew I'd use it often. Which I do.

Rhonda: Yes Autumn does talk alot in 80DO but it really didn't seem annoying. Lots of form tips, but laughing and joking. A really fun class atmosphere! If you go back to the beginning of this thread, Kathy does a wonderful job of breaking down ALL the workouts! They range 30-60 min.
I really like Hard Corps! Very different for Tony but fun bootcamp style workouts.

Well...I have really strayed this week.
First of all, I did no formal workouts over the holiday weekend, but was active doing stuff inside and out. Even went fishing with my boys, DIL and granddaughter.
Then yesterday I just wasn't feeling 80DO at all. My own exercise ADD kicked in so I popped in Daily Burn Inferno Cold Spike. Really kick butt way to start the week. Just bodyweight but I felt it this morning.

Today more exercise ADD so I did Daily Burn Inferno Metcon 1 & Power. Putting two together was wicked and I was drenched. Bodyweight and Weights, very metabolic!

I still plan on finishing my 80DO rotation though. I just needed a bit of a break.

Happy Wed!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 09-07-18, 01:10 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Back to the job at hand with 80DO. Yesterday I did both Cardio Flow and Cardio Core together minus one warmup and cooldown. Whew! These don't always look killer but they are wicked together!

And Booty today. Then I'm on to the final week next week plus Peak Week.

Did everyone do Peak Week? Looks like a mix of all 3 weeks?

Tags
80 day obsession, bbod 80 day obsession, bod, clam, eccentric weight training, joel freeman, liift4, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal