Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-18, 12:08 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballnut View Post
So, are these workouts only going to be 15 minutes long? If so, I like this idea, since I am dealing with fibromyalgia and CFS. My doctor keeps telling me I need to start working out again, but I am very afraid to start with too much too soon. I have had too many setbacks because of it.
Ginger - sorry to hear you are dealing with health problems. Prayers for a healthy 2018!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 12:48 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
So, are these workouts only going to be 15 minutes long? If so, I like this idea, since I am dealing with fibromyalgia and CFS. My doctor keeps telling me I need to start working out again, but I am very afraid to start with too much too soon. I have had too many setbacks because of it.
Same here, except I'm struggling with adrenal fatigue and currently find that more than 15 minutes is already too much!..

I've come across this playlist after someone here mentioned her YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gWXdXoTLj71pWf

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 01:24 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Same here, except I'm struggling with adrenal fatigue and currently find that more than 15 minutes is already too much!..

Thanks for sharing this! The rotation I wanted to start the new year with is a bit too much for me (in intensity + the 30 minute workouts are too much right now). I wanted something short & gentle to get me started... that playlist might be just about right!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 01:36 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post

I am restarting strength training and have shoulder issues. Thank you so much for sharing this! I've never looked at her channel before.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 02:08 PM  
Footballnut

Looks like several of us are in the same boat. Val, that playlist looks really good. I think I am going to use some of those and then Leslie also has some 1 mile walks on youtube. Jessica Smith does too (her Walk and Talk videos). That's what I am going to stick with for a few weeks. If I feel up to adding another later in the day, then I will, but even 30 minutes has a tendency to wipe me out if I work too hard in them.
Old 01-01-18, 02:12 PM  
Footballnut

BTW, if any of you are having some dietary successes (not just weight loss, but energy too), I would love to hear about them along with what you are doing. PM me if need be. I know we can't get too in depth here. I am desperate for some relief. Hormones are huge for me, but it isn't the entire answer I have learned. :-/
Old 01-01-18, 02:30 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Looks like several of us are in the same boat. Val, that playlist looks really good. I think I am going to use some of those and then Leslie also has some 1 mile walks on youtube. Jessica Smith does too (her Walk and Talk videos). That's what I am going to stick with for a few weeks. If I feel up to adding another later in the day, then I will, but even 30 minutes has a tendency to wipe me out if I work too hard in them.
Yes, I'm surprised and glad at the same time! Well.., not for all of you, of course, but that I'm not alone! Non-VFers might also not understand the frustration we deal with when realizing hard(er) workouts are out of question anymore, etc.

Like you I plan on focusing on Leslie's easier 1 mile walks as well as specific Kundalini yoga sequences for adrenal fatigue and for other days I'd like to get back into Qi Gong! Can't go wrong with that mix, I hope!

Dietarily I just now started taking my vegan multivitamins again + extra B12+ D3+ B3+ probiotics. I've ordered magnesium as it's supposed to help sleep in the evening. I also cut out my morning cups of coffee and switched to herbal teas.
It's too short yet to tell if anything is happening. I certainly feel the caffeine withdrawl a bit!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I am restarting strength training and have shoulder issues. Thank you so much for sharing this! I've never looked at her channel before.
I hope it'll work well for you, Sherry! Hope you'll recover soon with your shoulder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Thanks for sharing this! The rotation I wanted to start the new year with is a bit too much for me (in intensity + the 30 minute workouts are too much right now). I wanted something short & gentle to get me started... that playlist might be just about right!
You're welcome, Alison! I hope it'll work for you!

(((Hugs))) to all of you out there!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 03:34 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Check out the news from CocoLime Fitness - I'm excited about her new programs!!

https://youtu.be/xl7V6tCGaBE

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-18, 05:07 PM  
mandie123

I just signed up for Cocolime fitness new program,there are only 2 right now,just $5.99,but sounds like she is going to expand to a big site.I really like her and the workouts.
Old 01-01-18, 05:12 PM  
donnamp

I bought both of them - they look good and I was looking for a way to rotate her workouts and I want to support her in making new workouts for us!

I find her to be low dread and motivating.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie, leslie sansone, walk 15