Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-15, 08:51 AM  
Sophb21

What's happened to our measuring tape when we buy sets?!

I want to know what happened to the free measuring tape we use to receive?! I have about 6 of them but I still feel they should come with the kits - think of the new people who don't have a heap of measuring tapes?! Lol

Of course my thread is tongue in cheek!

Besides the free measuring tape was the selling point for us VRers 😋😋😋
Sophb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 09:14 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Have they stopped sending measuring tapes!?!?!?!

I still have my extra special Brazil Butt Lift Pencil for doing the "Pencil Test."

I lost it for a while and was devastated.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 05:20 PM  
Sophb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Have they stopped sending measuring tapes!?!?!?!

I still have my extra special Brazil Butt Lift Pencil for doing the "Pencil Test."

I lost it for a while and was devastated.
I've ordered a couple of Beachbody sets recently and no measuring tape 😞

I think I lost my pencil in our move as you said that I'm flashing back to hubby talking to me about it but I can't remember if we packed it or not.
Sophb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 05:30 PM  
Salamander

Ha ha... I guess measuring tapes with infomercial fitness products is sooo 2012! No longer a thing.

We should join all our measuring tapes together and see how long they are. I wonder how many miles long it would be ?
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15, 11:37 AM  
Terry

I don't know if First Graders still use fat-for-hand-grip pencils these days, but if you can get one to replace a missing BBL pencil, the test gets easier to pass. Passing the test even with a substitute pencil still means that the butt has become round and lifted; it's in the rules.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15, 11:41 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I loved how the informercials were all, "BONUS, two FREE GIFTS! A PENCIL and a MEASURING TAPE to track your progress!" Like these were rare, expensive items and if you were on the fence about ordering, well, those freebies would just tip the balance!

I miss those stubby pencils...
Old 08-28-15, 12:00 PM  
Aunt Famous

Let me pull you back from the edge. Worry not.

I purchased a digital scale recently. When I got the box, the flap -- and I'm not kidding here -- said "Open Your New Life Style." (Does my New Life Style involve obsessively weighing myself? Hmm. Otherwise, I like the promise that that $25 bathroom scale brought. A New Life Style! For me!)

Anyway, the scale came with a measuring tape. I did not know this until I found it on my husband's sink. It's lavender with a hard plastic case with some terribly misspelled English phrase on it; I can actually hook one end into the hard plastic case. I didn't realize at first the whole hooking in part, or that to account for the hard plastic hooking in part, the tape started around the 2.5" mark. So along with a digital scale that accurately measured my weight (hello, surprise), I suddenly had a waist that was 2.5" wider.

Not a great moment. Not the New Life Style I had hoped for.

Oh yeah. Everything's figured out now, except that I am STILL waiting on the New Life Style.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kits, measuring tape, pencil test