Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-15, 06:30 AM  
lurkerfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophb21 View Post
since you mention you tend to stop if it gets too repetitive I read online about someone who was reviewing BR that she was going to fast track it for the sake of the review. I could be wrong but I believe the BR rotation is something like the same works outs for 2 weeks then move on to the next set of workouts that also repeat themselves for 2 weeks? What the person was going to do was half it, so do workouts 1-2 plus the cardio for week 1 and instead of repeating the same sets for week 2 she'd move on to workouts 3-4 plus cardio and for week 3 she'd do workouts 5-6 plus cardio and continue the pattern. So instead of 90 days it was 45 days.

You probably won't get the top of the top results doing it this way and some people might think it's a waste of a program not to do it as outlined but it might be a way to finish a rotation to get your fitness mojo back ☺️ Then you can try more for less time! I'm going to try this once I'm back to working out. This might be old news to some but it was new to me!

Enjoy your workouts!

Sophb21, i love that idea. In fact, after I finish with 21 Day Fix, I'll start with Body Revolution but I was thinking of doing a shorter rotation so that I could avoid boredom and try some of the other programs that I have. But what I was concerned with is, if I do a rotation like the one you suggested, will I be able to do the workouts? I mean, I know that the workouts will be progressing in intensity, so will only one week prepare me for the next level? I really hope so, i know it will be easier for me this way to keep my motivation and discipline. I can't wait to start! Thanks again for the great ideas!

Last edited by lurkerfriend; 08-26-15 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Typos
lurkerfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 08:03 AM  
Sophb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkerfriend View Post
Sophb21, i love that idea. In fact, after I finish with 21 Day Fix, I'll start with Body Revolution but I was thinking of doing a shorter rotation so that I could avoid boredom and try some of the other programs that I have. But what I was concerned with is, if I do a rotation like the one you suggested, will I be able to do the workouts? I mean, I know that the workouts will be progressing in intensity, so will only one week prepare me for the next level? I really hope so, i know it will be easier for me this way to keep my motivation and discipline. I can't wait to start! Thanks again for the great ideas!
You are very welcome! Glad you got something out of my babbling!

I totally agree about the physically not able to do the rotation as I mentioned because I believe BR gets pretty hard as you move on. I guess what you could is if you have other Jillian workouts substitute those in certain days to mix it up.

I'm sure you'll be conquering the fitness world in no time! Best of luck with your workouts!
Sophb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 05:55 PM  
lurkerfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophb21 View Post
You are very welcome! Glad you got something out of my babbling!

I totally agree about the physically not able to do the rotation as I mentioned because I believe BR gets pretty hard as you move on. I guess what you could is if you have other Jillian workouts substitute those in certain days to mix it up.

I'm sure you'll be conquering the fitness world in no time! Best of luck with your workouts!
Thanks so much, I really hope I'll be able to do it, and if not I'll try my best and modify or try a similar Jillian workout.
lurkerfriend is offline   Reply With Quote