Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-23, 05:35 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Just saw that actor Robert Blake has died at age 89.
Mickey of the Little Rascals!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-23, 01:51 PM  
Gams

NFL coaching legend Bud Grant has passed away at the age of 95. Bud would have turned 96 in May. I was never a Viking fan but I was a fan of Bud’s and will miss him dearly. Bud was smart and could be very funny, too. Bud invited me to several Viking games and when you went with Bud you were treated like royalty. Bud wanted to live long enough to see his beloved Vikings win the Super Bowl. That wasn’t meant to be, but Bud sure did earn the respect of a lot of people along the way. It was amazing to walk through the stadium with him and hear all the people call to him, “Hi Coach!” RIP Coach.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-23, 03:42 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Lance Reddick from John Wick, The Wire, Bosch, Fringe, etc. died of natural causes at 60. Who dies of natural causes at 60? Sad.

I remember him as the cool black guy at the hotel entrance that John Wick left his dog with when he went on the run.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-23, 03:51 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Lance Reddick from John Wick, The Wire, Bosch, Fringe, etc. died of natural causes at 60. Who dies of natural causes at 60? Sad.

I remember him as the cool black guy at the hotel entrance that John Wick left his dog with when he went on the run.
Oh, I liked him! We just watched a movie with him the other day and I remember thinking how much I like him and wanted to rewatch Fringe. So sad.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-23, 03:55 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post

What a shame. I didn't realize he was in John Wick. He was great as Agent Broyles on Fringe. We just started binge watching The Wire and enjoy his performance in that as well.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-23, 09:51 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

He was also a classically trained musician with a degree from the Eastman School of music. Every once in a while on Bosch they would show him playing the piano.
Old 03-18-23, 02:11 PM  
kat999

There was a musical episode of Fringe, and his voice was amazing. I always liked his speaking voice, too, so soothing and authoritative. I did a rewatch of Fringe just a few years ago when it was available on Freevee. Such an elegant man. He was posting all over his social media just a few days ago and seemed fine! 60 is way too young, especially nowadays.
Old 03-18-23, 06:31 PM  
DD546

Singer songwriter Bobby Caldwell died on March 14th. He was 70.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-23, 10:40 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
There was a musical episode of Fringe, and his voice was amazing. I always liked his speaking voice, too, so soothing and authoritative. I did a rewatch of Fringe just a few years ago when it was available on Freevee. Such an elegant man. He was posting all over his social media just a few days ago and seemed fine! 60 is way too young, especially nowadays.
I agree, he had a great speaking voice. He also had great posture, I thought about that every time I saw him in something.
Old 03-21-23, 03:55 PM  
F1mom

Last week was rough. Bobby Caldwell and Boz Scaggs were bookends to my Earth, Wind & Fire albums as a young child. Loved his music and he was friendly on Twitter. RIP.

Lance Riddick's death hit me like a ton of bricks with John Wick 4 set to release this week.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic, raquel welch, rest in peace