Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-22, 08:11 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. I woke up this morning with neck pain so I did my go to workout for limbering up - Jane Fonda Start Up, followed by Pahla B Body Shaping Day 9 Stretch, and then Travis Eliot Yin for Neck and Arms.

We did some errands today. Made a donation run. We got home early afternoon and I got inspired to organize my clothes closet. I try to do this at least once a year. Found a few more items to donate. We have a shelf where we store items for donation until we get around to bagging them up. So I put three more items on the shelf. I like to leave them there for a month or so, if I don't have second thoughts about getting rid of them, then I'll donate them. I've been known to have regrets after getting rid of things - this way I give myself a while to change my mind.

Anita, sounds like you had a nice day planned. Have you considered hiring a lawn complany to help with some of the seasonal garden work? Yeah we are on the same wavelength on the cars. DH did take the Forester in today for an oil change this morning.

Vantreestra, I hope you're feeling better! The dancing skelton earrings sound cute. I have a pair of rinestone skull earrings I wear on Halloween. As you know I've been doing the Pahla B Body Shaping Series for a while. But you may not know she, Pahla B, has a regular podcast where whe discusses what she calls mind set work. I must admit I rarely listen to them, but I'm also on her Facebook group and many people talk about how her podcasts have helped them with mind set and attitude toward working out and weight. You may want to check those out. I think you can find them on multiple platforms.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 08:18 PM  
Vantreesta

Paula, thanks for reminding me of Pahla's podcast. I haven't listened in a couple years. I find I can't binge hers, I need a break from her, although I never intended it to be this long! I'll listen to some more again. Way to go organizing your closet!

I'm feeling totally back to myself tonight. Yay! I felt really ambitious but didn't go crazy getting stuff done. Today was the last regular season game so I pretty much sat and watched from the pregame at 2:30 through the postgame except while I was cooking supper. I already feel like I don't know what to do with myself! I was wandering around feeling lost so we went ahead and walked half an hour early. My Creepy podcast does 31 Days of Horror in Oct so I'll be listening to that on our 3rd walks now that I won't be listening to my Twins. Although I will be following the playoffs and watching and listening when I can. I still didn't workout yet but I did some more spray painting and a little housework.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 08:23 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on getting together with friends for an online game - likely Yahtzee this morning. Then I'll go to yoga class at the church and stop by the library. Otherwise planning on putzing some more - I got a lot of putz done yesterday. I took a carload of garden waste to the compost site, swept out my garage and rearranged storage in there, then I tried making a frame for some screen material in a window. That window had broken in my garage many years ago and I'm not replacing the glass. That frame I'm sawing from some left over trim material - I don't know if it's artificial material or something, but it doesn't saw easily, nor can I drive a nail through it easily . I ended up cutting my forefinger pretty badly so called it a day yesterday - hopefully I can get back to it this afternoon.

Vantreesta, glad you're back to feeling normal! Your dizziness sounded horrible . I'm glad you're enjoying your October with your new earrings and the podcast .

Paula, I'm similar to you in that I keep my donation pile sitting for several months in case I miss something in there - I've only fished stuff out about three times over the years. I've got another pile I could take this week. I know of one lawn company that comes to our neighborhood and I've not been impressed by their quality of service. I haven't looked further or looked into neighbors offering lawn work on FB. Sigh. One of the best things for being retired is that I do have the time to spread that work out over the week.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 10:09 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 10 Cardio and Body Weight Training and a neighborhood walk.

It was a beautiful day so we flew to Big Bear, had a nice walk enjoying the nice mountain air. Had lunch in a local cafe.

Vantreestra, Glad you're feeling back to normal. I like to exercise with Pahla, her workouts seem more fun than other. I enjoy what she has to say during the workout but I don't really listen to her podcasts, I don't find they apply to me. I'm not struggling to lose weight, don't have low self esteem, or have trouble discipling myself to exercise. I just found her series while searching for some new workouts. Got a laugh out of 31 days of Creepy podcasts!

Anita, yeah one of the good things about retirement is time to get everything done on your own timeline. Glad I'm not the only one who likes to take some time to determine whether they really want to get rid of something. Ounch on cutting your finger badly. The surest way to realize how much you use a bodypart is to injure it. I broke the little finger on my right hand when I was in high school, I was completely surprised how much that disrupted my life.
Old 10-07-22, 06:57 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning - I'll keep my finger bandaged and under a glove to try to protect my wound - it's right where gripping anything with my right hand crosses the wound on my index finger . I'll try to take a walk afterwards and hit a Zoom meeting at lunchtime of my professional colleagues. The meeting is in town, but I'll go tomorrow to see people. I might try redoing the trim on that screened window in the garage with something lots narrower and thinner. Otherwise more putzing...

Paula, I should inventory my current donation pile and bring it in this afternoon. This year may be a deductible tax season instead of the standard deduction. No breakage or anything really bad on the finger, but just enough to annoy.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-07-22, 08:00 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 11 Moderated Weights.

DH had stuff to do at the hangar. I baked two loaves of Apple Bread - a new recipe for me so we'll see how it turns out. Did some laundry and generally trying to get things in order before we leave on Sunday.

Anita, sorry about your finger. It must be annoying for someone as physically active as you are. I think the inventory of your donation pile is a good idea - at least I do that before I actually take things to the donation site.
Old 10-08-22, 08:25 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's a chilly morning here - almost got down to freezing last night. I'm still not running the furnace, but I've got the space heater going this morning - glad I had it for Adelija's room downstairs. It'll get to the mid-60s today, so not too bad . Last night I got woken up at 2:30 am with a low battery signal from a smoke detector - luckily I did have the batteries to put into it. Today is another putzing day - might trim some plants from the back yard for taking to the compost pile and do some laundry. I've got that window in the garage to work on also. I'll definitely be taking a walk also in these lovely fall color trees.

Paula, how did the apple bread turn out? I miss Adelija's baking here. My finger is sealing up pretty well and slowly healing, but I need to protect it lots whenever I use that hand.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 10-08-22, 08:20 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 12 Standing Abs and a neighborhood walk with DH.

We spent the day getting ready to leave tomorrow. We're heading out early tomorrow. Not sure when I'll check in next.

Anita, we've been following the weather in Colorado where we intend to go and had to change our initial ideas on clothes and pack for colder weather. Glad your finger is healing well. I'll have to give you a report on the apple bread later - I made it and froze it - we haven't tried it yet. Yeah, this winter will be very different than last year with Adelija.