Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-03-22, 09:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, thanks for the support! Actually work has not been overly stressful (new boss still working out well) - I feel like it's more hormones, being 54 1/2, etc. I felt better when I was going more HDM stuff...I feel like I have to go back to more shorter routines, barre, light weight, etc. But then I think about things like bone density and feel like I should be reaching for the weights; it's a constant balance. I do have my GYN annual next week so will ask about the hormone stuff.

On a more positive note, tell us your favorite things from your trip!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 08:37 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Kathy Smith Total Body Lift (Leg Lift workout and Butt Lift workout)
Moving Free Flexibility Level 1 with Mirabai Holland (Floor Stretch and Core)

Sandra, I have kept plenty of DVDs just for one segment that I love.

Beth, I haven't read any cozy mysteries--what is your favorite one?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 08:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Ellen's Peace, Love & Cardio
~ Charlotte's yoga class
~ 5,826 steps

I was motivated to do PL&C after reading the recent GT discussion. It was a good routine for the office. Char's class was a real treat. It was the first cold and rainy day, and I was the only attendee. We were able to have music (no Zoom-ins) and she made it a more restorative class with a long savasana. For the savasana she got out the various singing bowls and a big Tibetan gong that the lady who moved away donated to the studio, and we had a sound bath.

I'll catch up in a few!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 09:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, there are many different cozy mystery series! They usually are connected to some theme - e.g., baking, cooking, books, knitting, crafts, etc. I've read a few that have a yoga connection, the Hannah Swenson series by Joanne Fluke, and the Booktown series by Lorna Barrett.

Pat, that class sounds lovely! I often do more restorative for my Tuesday night class when we have 3 or less students - in fac, that's what happened last week, and they loved it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-04-22, 11:26 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth, I've been flighty the last few days - sorry read that you've been feeling worn out. It's so hard to get in all the "needs" workouts versus the ones that are hitting the sweet spot. I've never heard of a cozy mystery.

Paine, thanks for the reminder to dust off Mirabai. Flexibility sounds like a good routine for this cold and rainy day.

Sandra, are you settled into retirement?

Waves to Pam and all the Mat Mavens, here and far.
Old 10-04-22, 12:25 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, thank you too for the support, and sorry that you've been feeling a bit flighty too! Yes, you got it exactly right about needs or "shoulds" versus what feels good.

I'm pretty sure I hadn't heard the cozy mystery term either until the VF Reading Thread - just goes to show that what we learn from VF is much more than exercise!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-04-22, 05:35 PM  
JustSandra

Howdy!

Today's Workout: Various lower body segments from Margaret Richard's Good For You, using 1-lb. ankle weights. I'd like to find some ankle weights with long-enough straps that I can place them above the knee, but no luck on that so far. I finished with my own stretches. Earlier today I walked outside for about two hours total.

Pat58: Settling into retirement appears to be a work in progress LOL! I feel almost overwhelmed by how much free time I have. I'm being careful not to immediately fill it up, though. I'll start with my gym (they told a local paper they planned to open in early October), then maybe look into volunteering at the food bank. I also have a lot of household projects I can get going on at any time.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 08:36 PM  
cyana

Quick mid-week wave - work has been busy, but not overwhelming just yet. I keep holding my breath. Work-outs have been pretty boring - morning stretching routine, breathwork, pedaling with Cubii and some random add-ons - squats, NO Dumps, etc.

Welcome back, Pam!

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 09:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Another quickie for me. I did my friends Essentrics class this morning & was busy the rest of the day getting my hair cut & running errands.

Paine - Regarding cozy mysteries….I’ve read all the Hannah Swenson books. I enjoyed them, but liked the earlier ones the best as the later ones got a bit repetitive IMO. My favourites are British author M.C. Beaton’s Agatha Raisin mysteries. They are light and humorous & take place in a little British village.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ The Body Electric Workout pecs, tris, bis, shoulders and abs
~ Kassandra's new 15 Minute Gentle Bedtime Yoga
~ 4,861 steps

I have to fly today - I hope you all have a great Wednesday!