Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-22, 01:35 PM  
CharM

The deal is back, fyi $24.99
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-22, 03:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

That's an awesome deal. I paid close to $70 on QVC with taxes and shipping. It's crazy!

It's a lightening deal on Amazon so will go quickly.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-22, 09:22 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The disc is bad.

The disc is bad. I returned it for a full refund.

That explains the sale!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-22, 08:20 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

That explains the sale!
Thanks for the update. I'm glad I didn't jump at the lightning deal.

I did try one of the youtube Walk Run Lift videos with a regular band and it worked just fine. I like the faster pace of the walk but didn't get much out of the toning sections.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-22, 09:46 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

That explains the sale!
is it DVD-R? Scratched? Damaged from packaging? bad duplication? Just 1 disc or all 3 discs?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-22, 11:18 AM  
Gams

There is only one DVD that has all three workouts on it. I’ve purchased three sets and am happy with all three. There are a couple audio glitches- like Nick will be counting down from 4 and you don’t hear the 3 and the 2 - but I’m not sure what the deal is because sometimes they are there and sometimes they aren’t so I wonder if there’s an issue with my DVD player? On the 40 minute workout when there are about 9 minutes left in the workout, Nick is instructing with the band and for about a minute Nick is no longer on camera and you don’t hear him either although the music continues and there’s writing on the screen telling you what move you’re supposed to be doing which is what Rocky and the rest of the class are doing. In my mind I’ve decided the minute of missing Nick is because he has to run to the bathroom. 😆
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-22, 11:36 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
In my mind I’ve decided the minute of missing Nick is because he has to run to the bathroom. 😆
lol.

i am a Nick fan, i have so many workouts (including MANY Leslies that are filmed and edited professionally), i have lots of equipment, and i'm undecided whether 90 minutes of content are worth $25.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-22, 02:10 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
is it DVD-R? Scratched? Damaged from packaging? bad duplication? Just 1 disc or all 3 discs?
Bzar - I only tried the 40-minute workout. Little more than half way through, the disc stated freezing and skipping.

Maybe not all the discs are bad. To be honest, I didn't love the workouts. The music drowned out the cueing - which was not good anyway.

I'd say the instructors are enthusiastic and personable, but not ready for prime time. Just my 2 cents!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 08:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I bought my set back in August and just tried the 20min workout. There are no no glitches on my disk in this 20min segment. I really liked the energy and throroughly enjoyed this walk. So far so good!
Old 09-25-22, 09:07 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I bought my set back in August and just tried the 20min workout. There are no no glitches on my disk in this 20min segment. I really liked the energy and throroughly enjoyed this walk. So far so good!
I'm hoping I'm this lucky too. I bought mine last month as well but haven't gotten around to trying or checking the disc.

Glad you were able to get a full refund, Alta!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad disc, dvd-r, nick drago, walk run lift