Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-03-22, 08:54 AM  
tlchello

Lift with Cee 40-4-40 (or any of her stuff)

Hi all,

Not sure how many will join but here is a check-in spot for the Lift with Cee program 40-4-40 or for anyone doing any of her videos.

I did her four beginner workouts for a couple of months before starting the 40-4-40 on Monday of this week. I am either going to workout on M-W-Sa OR I am thinking I might try to do every other day (on odd dates) and see how that feels.

I gotta admit, I am two days out from workout #1 of this program and I am SORE! WHile I was doing it, I was thinking it didn't feel too challenging so I was playing around with different weights. Wow....it worked...haha.

Today is Wednesday and it's the 3rd which means it is a weight day. I will post when I am finished doing #2.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 10:41 AM  
laurajhawk

Hi folks! I did Cee's four Beginner workouts twice each (it took me three weeks), then I started 40-4-40. I'm generally doing three workouts a week (M/W/F unless something causes me to shift that schedule), but this week I haven't been working out. I had foot surgery in May and over the weekend I started to feel like I'd been overdoing things, then yesterday I taught my first yoga class at the company I retired from last year (it was really fun going back that way!) and didn't want to be tired for that. Now we have our grandson staying with us and he's sleeping in my workout room. I'm not sweating it - I'll get back to Cee by the weekend.

So far I've done the workouts in order up through Six. I'm generally using about 2/3 of Cee's weights but I'm laying out a tracking sheet (in my journal, since it's short) ahead of time each day with my guesstimates of what I'll need, since some moves are new each time. I think I have it dialed in pretty well - and yeah, these workouts make me sore! I am doing only dog walks for cardio - I have two dogs and usually walk them separately because one is a year-old Lab who is just crazy on the leash, so walking them together is exhausting. Right now it's hot and I have to walk them early, so I'm getting in about a mile per dog, but I hope to extend the walks as the weather cools down. I also take two or three yoga classes a week (and teach one ).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 11:12 AM  
tlchello

Hi Laura! Thanks for coming on in to the check-in!

I think I am about 2/3 of Cheryl's weights too.

I just finished workout #2 even though I am still sore from #1. I figured I might as well layer on the muscle pain...haha.

I am soooo glad I found the original thread praising her workouts because I have never enjoyed or looked forward to a workout as much as hers. I was searching high and low for a straight up weight training series with no talking and she fits the bill. And the cherry on top is that she is around my age. She is definitely my ultimate fitness inspiration.

I have had a few message exchanges with her as well and she is fantastic. So approachable.

Now, I have to go try to eat my post-workout yogurt with arms that feel like rubber.
Old 08-03-22, 11:33 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting this! I just finished her FULL BODY strength workout for beginners. I had not done any formal exercise for a couple of weeks while gone on a trip (I got to welcome and spend time with my first grandchild!), so I decided the beginner workouts would be a great place to get back into things. I usually do her 8-minute warmup, which is excellent, but decided to look for some variety. I found 5 Minute Dynamic Warm Up for Strength Training on Kayleigh Cohen Strength that I liked a lot.

I'll do one more of Cee's beginner workouts this week then I'm trying to decide which of her older programs to do. If anyone is familiar with her 6 week body part split or 4 week muscle burns fat, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

Tlchello, I feel the same way about Cee and her workouts. They are just perfection for me.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 04:56 PM  
edensmom

Hey all!
I've been doing these workouts since I first heard the buzz on the GD. I did random workouts, mostly from Full Body Advanced and 6 Week Body Part Split. I started the 40-4-40 and I think I made it 2 weeks? I just did not care for the workouts as much. I completed PPL and enjoyed it.

For the past several weeks or so I've been bouncing around with her workouts again. I did week one of the 6 week split, then a week of full body advanced, and this week I'm doing week 1 of Plateau Buster. Today was Chest + Biceps. Tbh I didn't love it but only bc those are my 2 least favorite body parts to work. I loved the back+ shoulders (one of my fave combos) and glutes and abs which I did yesterday.

Week 1 legs + shoulders of the 6 week split left me so sore I could barely walk for 3 days!! I had been doing mostly bodyweight strength and working on my cardio endurance for about 3 weeks prior, and had not done heavier weight training in quite some time. My recovery since has been much better. That was why I opted to do full body the next week, so one or 2 body parts did not get so hammered. It was brutal for me. I had to drop down my weight significantly even during the workout, my quads were cramping so bad. Definitely a sneaky little workout.

I am *thinking* I will keep going with plateau buster for the 4 weeks but I don't actually think it matters too much as long as everything gets worked each week. I am also trying to do yoga every day. I went to a women's surf camp last weekend and we did yoga on the beach both days, reminding me how much I LOVE yoga and generally leaving me feeling super empowered and inspired after spending my weekend with these amazing and bold women.

Thanks for the check in.

Melissa
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-22, 06:25 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
Hey all!
I've been doing these workouts since I first heard the buzz on the GD. I did random workouts, mostly from Full Body Advanced and 6 Week Body Part Split. I started the 40-4-40 and I think I made it 2 weeks? I just did not care for the workouts as much. I completed PPL and enjoyed it.

For the past several weeks or so I've been bouncing around with her workouts again. I did week one of the 6 week split, then a week of full body advanced, and this week I'm doing week 1 of Plateau Buster. Today was Chest + Biceps. Tbh I didn't love it but only bc those are my 2 least favorite body parts to work. I loved the back+ shoulders (one of my fave combos) and glutes and abs which I did yesterday.

Week 1 legs + shoulders of the 6 week split left me so sore I could barely walk for 3 days!! I had been doing mostly bodyweight strength and working on my cardio endurance for about 3 weeks prior, and had not done heavier weight training in quite some time. My recovery since has been much better. That was why I opted to do full body the next week, so one or 2 body parts did not get so hammered. It was brutal for me. I had to drop down my weight significantly even during the workout, my quads were cramping so bad. Definitely a sneaky little workout.

I am *thinking* I will keep going with plateau buster for the 4 weeks but I don't actually think it matters too much as long as everything gets worked each week. I am also trying to do yoga every day. I went to a women's surf camp last weekend and we did yoga on the beach both days, reminding me how much I LOVE yoga and generally leaving me feeling super empowered and inspired after spending my weekend with these amazing and bold women.

Thanks for the check in.

Melissa
Surf camp? That sounds like a blast.

Sounds like a great way to mix things up and keep it interesting!
Old 08-04-22, 11:14 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
Surf camp? That sounds like a blast.

Sounds like a great way to mix things up and keep it interesting!
I was wanting to do this camp for 4 or 5 yrs and kept putting it off and putting it off, and this year I finally decided to choose myself and I went.
I had a girlfriend that signed up and ended up backing out about 2 weeks before camp, and with zero hesitation I went. It's the best and hardest thing I've done for myself in a long time. I got so much more out of it than I was anticipating.
Old 08-05-22, 08:31 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Hi, all!

I recently completed Cee’s 6 week PPL program. The last week was chopped up because I came down with C19. But I managed to finish it out two weeks late.

I am considering doing her beginner full body series for a couple of weeks and then moving into 40-4-40.

Hope to be back to working out next week as I am on vacation.

Looking forward to more lifting with Cee.

Have a great day,

Gibbee

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 05:25 PM  
edensmom

Yoga w/ Kassandra Yoga Warm up
Muscle Burns Fat Week 3 Day 1: Legs + Shoulders. (Wowza ��)
Time-saving Supersets: Shoulders + Obliques.

So much for sticking with one program lol. I was "supposed" to do Legs + triceps today but felt my triceps were worked pretty well yesterday with narrow chest press etc. This was an amazing workout combo. She is the queen of sneaky workouts.

I'll be camping this weekend. Have a great weekend everyone ��
Old 08-06-22, 08:23 AM  
tlchello

Hi all...just a quick check in. I had to miss my Cee workout yesterday because I woke up with a tension headache/migraine. I have been battling these for a long time and thought that I had things under control...ugh.

I think since doing Cee workouts, I have been neglecting my neck/upper back mobility workouts and am paying the price.

Today I will be doing a Classical Stretch workout and try to loosen things up.

I think I am going to have to alternate each day with weights and mobility work.

Have a super weekend.