Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-22, 04:10 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

No energy today. Hoping a nap will change that.
Back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 04:51 PM  
seabliss

Today I did an upper body strength from Heather. I don't know if I will get a workout tomorrow as I'm having a wisdom tooth pulled.
Old 10-05-22, 08:51 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report. Tomorrow the workout will be to hopefully finish up moving the Pastor.

Cheryl: Wishing you the best with the tooth extraction.

Cynthia I hope you feel more rested after the nap.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-22, 06:00 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 6,756

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-06-22, 05:20 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Resting today also. I felt so rotten today that I took a covid test -- negative. Then I took a decongestant. Bingo. My ever-recurring sinus issues hit me like a sledgehammer this month. I didn't realize it (sorry if this is TMI) b/c there was no post-nasal drip. Instead, it was like my sinuses were full of cement. Started the nose swabs.

Cheryl, I hope your wisdom tooth procedure went well. Mine, eons ago, were impacted in my jaw & didn't come out without a fight. DD's dentist charged a flat rate to remove all 4; she had only 3 but they wouldn't give me a discount.

Thinking of Lynn. ( Backstory to a fast-breaking snack): The only high school reunion I went to was my 20th, in 1984. My then-husband and DD were with me. We had a good time with Eddie (as I had known him when we were friends in 2nd grade; now we're Facebook friends and he's Ed). He came to the pizza party in the park, the first event, but was observing Yom Kippur. He invited us to his mom's house after sunset where we all enjoyed her fresh apple pound cake. I told her how delicious it was, and she immediately typed the recipe on a 3x5 card, which I still have.

Diana, I hoped the Pastor-moving project went well. You do so many good works.
Old 10-06-22, 08:05 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia I hope you feel better soon. Yes, the move went well. Hopefully we we are done with that.

Check-In: Moving Max (hopefully that job is done)

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-07-22, 09:38 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 13,592

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 10-07-22, 09:48 AM  
lynnf

Hi, sorry to to MIA, but finally recovered from flu/covid shot on Monday (family told me I was crazy to do before Yom Kippur) but I did recover in time for the fast, then the fast, which went fine, but couldn't sleep well after. Plus DH and I are still dealing with the emotions of our friend's diagnosis and doing our best to get on top of the science of the situation so he can best help her and talk to her doctors. But it's kind of depressing. And we have to get our booth up as well for the next holiday, Succoth. So it's been super busy. Anyhow I finally got a barre 3 30 minute work out in, but now to more cooking as we are setting up for guests in our booth, since we are hosting our friend and some of her friends there, since she really likes that event and we want to make a happy event for her at this time. I'm going to do that mocha layer cake I made for DS.

Cynthia, hope you feel better.

Cheryl, good luck with the wisdom tooth. I had all mine done in my 20s and I am glad, but DH still is dealing with some of his.

Diana, glad that woman will survive the heart attack. Scary.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 12:30 PM  
seabliss

I didn't work out yesterday because of the extraction. I had had two removed in the States by an oral surgeon, using laughing gas. Not sure why he didn't take them all. But I wouldn't need these out now if it wasn't that the orthodontist needs the space to straighten my teeth.

Anyway, it was an hour and fifteen minutes of tugging, grinding, pushing, cracking, and pulling to get it out. The dentist, who speaks some English, said, "Your tooth is a nightmare." It was definitely not a fun experience. Now recovering. Next week I have to get the last one out.

I did get my steps yesterday, and today I plan to also, and I did two short upper body workouts (nothing too strenuous) and a wrist/forearm workout I found on Youtube.

Lynn, so sorry for all the stress you are going through with your friend! The booth sounds like a welcome distraction. The cake sounds delicious. Not sure if you saw, but I linked another one of those more fun cardio workouts a page or two back, in case you ever want to try it.

Cynthia, glad you are getting a grip on the sinus issue. And your cake also sounds delicious.

Diana, interesting that the pastor is moving into an RV. I am sure you were a huge help!
Old 10-07-22, 06:43 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Feeling better, but not all better. This evening at bedtime I plan to do the Road to Recovery chapter of Pink Ribbon Pilates.

Cheryl, sounds like my wisdom teeth experience.

Lynn, sounds like you need a {{{{hug}}}}.

Diana, I don't know if you've ever heard of Jan Karon or read her books. There's a character who says, "No rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need none." Although I think they do.