Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-19-22, 06:36 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! It was my son's b-day this weekend and I totally went off my healthy eating plan. Then I felt tired and had a headache, so all I did for exercise was walk the dog. I am back on track today and had a great workout! I did Cathe's Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit and added in the extra 4 intervals from Imax 3 plus the core work from High Step Challenge. I think of it as BodyMax 3.

I just took the dog for her walk and the turkey vultures are back so there must be another kill in the woods (shudder). This is the time of year when I often give up walking. Too many hunters and hungry mountain lions and bears hanging around.

The Vikings are playing tonight... should be a fun game!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 06:02 PM  
Jules

So that was NOT a fun football game last night. I quit watching at halftime.

Today I did Les Mills The Trip #26 and #27. #26 was led by my fave Trip instructor, Khiran Huston, and was all steep hills and sprints. It was a toughie! Thank goodness #27, led by Chris Richardson, was more of a chill endurance ride. There were still hills and bursts, but there was a lot more time spent seated going at a moderate pace. 87 minutes/740 calories.

My folks are planning to come visit us for a week starting on Monday. My mom's leg still has a big hole in it, but it is healing. My mom got the go-ahead from her dr. to walk, so I am sure we will go for a couple of miles each day.
Old 09-20-22, 09:57 PM  
Malinda

Oh, Jules, I'm so glad your parents are finally able to visit! I hope y'all have a wonderful time together!

I'm still floundering. I'll get back on track when we return from Florida. I'm going to try my own strength workout that I wrote for DH last year (and has served him very, very well) with a cardio rotation. Two days a week of heavy upper/core, three days of plyo and/or steady state cardio, one of high rep/low weight. Rest or stretch/yoga/functional one day. A week may be more than 7 days! We'll see!

Those LM Trip workouts sound really hard!
Old 09-21-22, 06:07 PM  
Jules

Hi Malinda. Your homemade rotation sounds great! And you get to choose whatever music you want. The Trip is interesting. The science behind it is basically that when you are totally immersed in the environment of each ride, you don't notice how hard you are working. I do think there is some truth to this.

Today I did CL #187 Move It and #194 Vertical Loading 2.

Move It is a good drill-based cardio workout that I would do again as an add-on. Most of the drills are not repeated and Cathe inserts some easier recovery drills so it is totally doable. My only complaint is that she works off the beat a lot.

IMO, Vertical Loading 2 is much better than VL 1. At times Cathe seems a little distracted in it and forgets an exercise, but remembers just in time to put it back in. The weights are heavier than in VL 1 and she uses a stability ball and gliding discs. I will probably purchase this one as a download.

Waves to Kate and everyone!
Old 09-26-22, 12:00 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh dear, the time has really gotten away from me. I'm so glad to see you still checking in!!
I'm still exercising but also having busy days and some personal issues. TMI and there may be some changes forthcoming. :0

So....I have been doing a mix. Les Mills on Demand had a Sept special - every time you did a streaming workout, you get entered into a drawing for equipment. So some LMOD I hadn't done yet, Pumps, Steps, and some Hybrid workouts. And then several Cathe Lives.

Justin has had several appointments and as of Friday was still cancer free. He is having some liver issues but working on that.

Milestones in September. My grandson Maddex just turned 3 on the 24th.
My Dad turned 96 on the 20th (we did a Zoom call with him - so awesome).
And I turned 60 of the 11th. (WTH!?!?!?!?!?) :-0
Not quite sure how that happened but here it is. Just going to run with it. The only change I'm making is wearing good knee sleeves/braces when I exercise. ;-)

Today I did Cathe Live 127 Circuit Works Barre & Core. That was fun!!! A good metabolic workout and a little barre does me good. Little bit of cardio, little weights, some work with loops, barre and good abs/core. Great way to start the week.

Stay strong and keep up the great work!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 12:03 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Attn Kate! Have you tried BodyCombat 91 yet? I did it today and I thought it was excellent. They play around with a green screen. The backgrounds are colorful and busy, which go along well with the upbeat moves and music. It is a shorter one at 52 minutes. There is no live class, but I didn't mind.
Yes I did it earlier this month and loved it. The backgrounds were fun!! I did a hybrid workout that had parts of BC81 in it so I'm going back to that one tomorrow.

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 09-27-22, 02:11 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey 2 days in a row checkin!!

Today I did LMOD Body Attack 116. Brand new and super fun! I was going to do a Combat, but seeing a new Attack won! I was drenched but felt amazing!!

Still meditating every day and Yoga almost every day.
Personal issues keep getting tougher but I am tougher still! Just have to make some decisions. Change is hard.

Have a great day you girls!

Old 10-05-22, 06:59 PM  
Jules

Hi FitChicks! My folks left yesterday. I was not able to exercise while they were here other than a few 30 minute walks with my mom. Her leg is still healing but looks so much better. We ate a lot of high calorie meals and I was feeling pretty sluggish and achey. I started back up yesterday with Cathe’s High Step Challenge and it felt great! Today I have a lot of DOMS and did Cathe’s Party Rockin’ Step 2 + Travis Short & Sweet #2. Hopefully I won’t be so sore in a few days.

I had an appointment with our school’s wellness coach on Monday and it was super interesting. She has an InBody body composition scanning machine and it was my first time getting tested. My body fat reading was 20.5% and it showed that my muscle is very evenly distributed throughout my body. Pretty cool! I had to set a goal for the year and I said that I want to work on emotional health and being less reactive. She also tested my blood pressure and it was higher than I like, but not terrible. My mom has high blood pressure and mine has been creeping up the past few years.

This is my favorite time of year and I plan to enjoy it as much as possible before the stress of the holiday season hits.

Skol!
Old 10-10-22, 08:18 PM  
Jules

Monday already! Today wasn't too bad at work. I helped clean out the greenhouse after school since I am on the gardening committee. It is definitely starting to feel like fall outside - there is the smell of smoke from burning season and a chill in the air.

I am still experiencing lots of DOMS after I took all those days off. I am getting in some great workouts tho:

Wed: Party Rockin' Step 2 + Travis Short & Sweet #2
Thur: ICE Metabolic Total Body including the Blizzard Blast and Core
Fri: Studio Sweat Spin (60 min) + 35 minute walk
Sat: To the Max Extreme
Sun: Errands in town
Mon: Ilaria's Atletica #2 + Travis Short & Sweet #3

I am always impressed by the Atletica workouts. I think all the repetition makes for excellent results and I get into a meditative headspace with them. I used 10 pound dumbbells and it was plenty for me. I think Ilaria is using 15 or 20 pounders. She is so strong!
Old 10-14-22, 04:10 PM  
Jules

Is anybody here a fan of Parks & Rec? If so, yesterday was "Treat Yo Self" Day. I bought a bunch of workouts last week from the Total Fitness sale, plus some new shorts and a Fender guitar Lego set.

Tues: Patrick Presents Kickbox Burn ft. Heather Corndorf
Wed: Virtual Active New Zealand bike ride
Thur: Peak 10: More Cardio Strength + 35 min walk
Fri: Mindy Mylrea: Extreme Intervals

Hope everyone has a great weekend!