Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-22, 01:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I finished The Handmaid's Tale; I really liked it, although the ending was a bit ambiguous.
I loved The Handmaid’s Tale, read it for a university English course back in the 90s. I haven’t read The Testaments yet. I’ve read a few of her other books, but The Handmaid’s Tale is my favorite. Atwood is a beautiful writer, amazing descriptions. She is a Canadian icon!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-22, 02:07 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I loved The Handmaid’s Tale, read it for a university English course back in the 90s. I haven’t read The Testaments yet. I’ve read a few of her other books, but The Handmaid’s Tale is my favorite. Atwood is a beautiful writer, amazing descriptions. She is a Canadian icon!
I loved Robber Bride and The Blind Assassin.
Old 10-07-22, 04:58 PM  
SpiritYogi

Just finished Pretty Little Wife by Darby Kane and The Very Thought of You by Rosie Alison, both very good, IMO.
SpiritYogi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 02:37 AM  
mimikz

I've just started Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. I was waiting for my hold on Overdrive to come through, but I got the physical copy from the library along with the 2 that follow in this trilogy.

I usually read on Kindle for convenience, but I realize that now my lighting is lacking for reading paper books! I have to research book lights but if anyone has a recommendation, I'd appreciate it.

M
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 05:38 AM  
mimikz

Okay, I answered my own question and bought this LED Neck Reading Light. Just tried it out in the dark and it's a keeper! I even tried it out for embroidering in the dark

M
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 10:49 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimikz View Post
Okay, I answered my own question and bought this LED Neck Reading Light. Just tried it out in the dark and it's a keeper! I even tried it out for embroidering in the dark

M
I have a similar neck light and it's great for so many things!

Just finished The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte, my pick for Victober, and really liked it overall even if most of the characters were pretty awful. So unusual to encounter frank discussions of addiction, emotional abuse and bad marriages in a Victorian novel.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 12:24 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Finally got my hands on Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. It really was all that. Surprising that it had such a long hold at my library, the novel is from 2018. I'll try to catch the movie some time.

I started another on my list, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Another WWII novel, it seems like every other book I've been reading is a WWII story. It's reading okay, but has an odd present tense style.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 08:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I just finished listening to "Half Blown Rose". I can't remember if I got that recommendation here, or elsewhere. I had it on hold for a long time and knew nothing about it. Kind of steamy. The audio version was great with all of the french and the accents. Fun. But the ending!

Just starting "Blonde" by Joyce Carol Oates. Listening, that is.
Old 10-13-22, 08:38 AM  
SpiritYogi

So far this week I've read The Ninth Month by James Patterson, The Golden Cage by Camilla Lackberg, and All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers.

The first two were 'meh'. The last one was quite good...until I got to the end. Left me sitting there thinking, WTH!?!? If anyone else reads it or has read it, I'd love your thoughts on the ending.
SpiritYogi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-22, 09:03 AM  
Gams

Dena - wow - I’m impressed! Three books in 3 days! How did you find time to do anything else?! 😆
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, fall reading, kindle, off topic, off-topic, reading