Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-29-21, 10:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I don't remember the last time I was inside an indoor mall! It might have been when I bought my ipod in 2017 because the Apple store was in a mall. The place where you had Thanksgiving sounds really cool! I could see Buti being a good fit for your niece. Sorry your work didn't go so well today. I used to love some of the Fitprimes but ultimately didn't keep any of them.

Margot, I've always wondered about what Sahra says in her Strength/Stretch in Motion workouts (I don't recall which one), when she says you can do everything like her but more relaxed. Maybe that is aimed mostly for people who overstretch? Ouch on the UTI; I hope you are feeling better.

Paine, it seems like a lot of instructors have used "better buns" in the title, haha. Wow, so hard to believe that your younger grandson is 3 already! Sounds like the family party went well.

cyana, thank goodness no crazy people on my flights! I was actually sending out thanks for that as we were landing yesterday. Aww, I feel bad for those college students; I have been in airports late with everything closed down. Glad you had the day off for Thanksgiving. Hope your flannel sheets have been blissful, and hope your post-holiday headache went away. That must be a relief about getting your CE out of the way. Would you believe that NY just added a CE requirement for psychologists this past year? I have been plugging away at them when I have time.

Karen Jo, I was very glad not to run into any rude travelers! Everyone seemed to be on good behavior. Did you make that cake? I LOVE anything ginger! I sometimes mix leftover pumpkin into yogurt or overnight oats.

Pam, so sorry about your stomach issues! Hope you are feeling better by now. That's a very cute avatar! I tend to bake how I cook, which is to say very haphazardly.

Pat, we had no pumpkin on Thanksgiving. I actually didn't have any turkey because the sides were so good (as was my family's Italian wedding soup, which we have always just called "the soup" or "swap soup" when we were kids). I am so glad I had off today!

Linda, glad to see you pop in! Did your SO join you for the holiday, or was it just you & MM?

Garrie, glad to see you too - how was Thanksgiving with your SO?

So my time with my family went well overall. I was able to hang out with my dad on Wednesday, including a yummy lunch from a Philly food truck. Thursday morning my whole immediate family (my parents, 2 sisters, and their kids) resumed our Thanksgiving morning tradition of going to a diner for breakfast, but we had to go somewhere new this year b/c the place that we usually go was closed for dine-in this year. Everyone agreed it was better! We had dinner at my uncle's house (mom's brother) with extended family, which was nice since I hadn't seen most of them since 2019. Friday we made a trek to IKEA, and Saturday we went to a local craft fair and also more shopping at Christmas Tree Shoppes. All of that was interspersed with various food and Hallmark Christmas movies.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 11:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Yesterday was low key….
~Longer walk, racked up over 9,000 steps
~Long yin stretch + acupressure

Today’s offerings:
~20 min rebounding, 20 min gliding, 15 min rowing
~PT exercises
~ETV: Gail’s Express Abs
~MFML: Afternoon Yoga Boost

Beth - I am on the mend, thanks! While my friends were here I ate too many big meals along with snacks & desserts. My one girlfriend was baking pies, tarts & scones. I’m not a health nut, but I’m just not used to that as we don’t often have snacky food in the house & I don’t bake. It was a lesson learned! I’m glad you had a good trip, sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Sandra - TBH, I am not a big fan of malls. DH and I did our annual pre Christmas beat the rush trip to the mall today. There are more empty storefronts than last year, likely the victim of online shopping. We don’t buy a lot of gifts but wanted a few specific stocking stuffers, which we got, & now we are done, yay!

Cyana - I remember those CE requirements to renew my license, good to get ahead so you aren’t in a rush when the deadline gets closer. No rush to PM me, I know you’re waaaaay busier than I am!

Paine - Aw I’m so glad your grandson enjoyed his birthday party!

Waves to Pat, Garrie and all!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 05:36 AM  
Twigs

Good morning everyone!

Glad everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

My UTI turned out to be more serious than I thought. I didn't even go to bed one night and the following day we had a snowstorm and lost our power until just before bedtime, so it didn't help that I was freezing. I'm still feeling a bit wobbly but started some gentle movements last night.

- HealthBarre - Laying Low
- MFML Mimi's new practice Qigong for Anxiety

This morning I did:
- Karin's Back Strength & Hip Release (15m)
- Karin's 'Are your hips balanced?' (YT) I failed miserably!

Beth - It sounds like the perfect holiday celebration; getting together with family, great food and fun things to do. Glad you had a great time.

Pam - Thanks for your thoughts on Alice's Chakra program. I decided to go for it, along with Alchemista. It was hard to resist, as the prices were so good.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 09:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR 7 Minute Back Workout
~ Unplugged 1906
~ My own yinnish stretches
~ 6,380 steps

Beth, I was on Bernie Clark’s website yesterday and "eavesdropped" on a conversation you had with him in the forums! At least, I think it was you. What a great guy, he actually answers questions and very thoughtfully, too. I signed up for Saturday’s class and will probably do the recorded version of it. They are free for December.

Cyana, thank you for the wildriceonline link. Now I have a hankerin’ for wild rice, yum. I have not done Svaroopa except for the Svaroopa-ish Restorative Bliss Yoga by Skyler Myers. I had been going to the studio religiously a couple years ago and oddly it began making my more painful. I hope getting back to work is tolerable after some time off.

Paine, belated happy birthday to your little walking buddy!

Sandra, I love your recliner workout. Good ‘n Strong sounds good, that’s one of her best IMO. I had a Margaret Monday too!

Margot, I’m so sorry to hear of your UTI and the associated uncomfortableness that got piled on.

Good morning Garrie, Pam and all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 10:14 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, LOL about the eavesdropping! Yes, if it was "toaster" on Bernie's forum, that was me. He really is great about answering questions! Do you get his newsletter? Also, do you have a link to the free routine you signed up for?

Margot, I'm going to try that hip balance test; I will report back, but I am not optimistic, LOL. I do really like those Art of Motion videos and want to try more of them.

Pam, ahh, yes, I can relate! I definitely love food and have a sweet tooth, but I've been eating a bit less of late (basically stress related; I get full more quickly). So doing extra indulging over the holidays left me with a bit of tummy trouble at times - nothing serious, but I have to make sure to lightly indulge, not over-indulge!

Since my client is no-showing, here's a funny story. DH goes to a local chain place to get his hair cut (Sport Clips), and yesterday, he had a new person there. They were chatting, and the stylist mentioned that his girlfriend teaches yoga, and DH said that I did too. The stylist asked what kind of yoga I teach, and DH answered "umm...vinyasa?" Now, I am impressed that he came up with that word, but as you all know, I am NOT a vinyasa person! When DH and I talked about it at home, he also came up with "yin," which I acknowledged that I do teach sometimes. He now also knows the term "hatha."

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-30-21, 02:52 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is an unplanned rest day. I got distracted with other chores this morning.

Beth, I'm glad your travel home went well. You were missed! It sounds like you had a fun visit with your family.
Thank you for that twisty yoga link--I bookmarked it!

Sandra, lately I've been preferring pec Flys rather than push-ups.

Margot, I hope you feel better soon!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 08:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Barlates: Beginner Intervals Cardio Sculpt - This actually was beginner-ish, a rarity from Barlates Linda!
~Jenny Ford MAA: Maine
~MELT: Get the Kinks Out upper body

Pat - I checked out the link to Bernie’s Saturday class, looks great but I’ll be away on the weekend. Maybe next week.

Beth - My DH would have no idea about what genre of yoga I taught, lol. I doubt he’d even come up with vinyasa.

Margot - Sorry you’ve been ill, hope the UTI has resolved. I hope you enjoy your BellyFit purchases!

Paine - I’ll also take pec flys over push ups!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 10:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'll join all of you in the pec fly over push-up camp, LOL.

Paine, one thing about Antonia's (Yogea) cuing is that she doesn't mirror, and because the moves are so different (she uses the term "innovasana"), you really just have to mostly listen and follow along when she says left/right. But she moves slowly and works in some things that feel really good!

Pam, that makes me feel better that our DH's are both clueless.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 12-01-21, 12:34 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

cyana - I recently found three pair of those socks still in the packaging. I usually only wear them in winter on the Pilates reformer.

Beth - my SO worked on Thanksgiving so it was just Meow and me. She had turkey and I had spaghetti. He says he'll be here next weekend for my birthday but I'm not getting my hopes up. The prison changed things because they're shorthanded so his days off aren't really his days off anymore. I wish people would get off their a$$ and get a job so other people didn't have to work overtime after a 12-hr shift and could have their days off.

I've been using Cubii jr since I'm fighting a cold and don't feel like doing anything else. That crazy little thing reshapes the butt and legs better than anything.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 08:31 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, sorry about your SO's schedule. It is tough that the shortage of workers right now is putting a strain on the people who are working. Very cool that you've found the Cubii to be so effective!

Happy Wednesday, all.

Follow me @YogiBethC