Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-23-21, 12:09 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, yes, I do still have Bendy Body but haven't done it in awhile. I love Kristina! I am working today and then am off through next Monday, so I guess that is almost a week!

I just impulsively filmed a new breathing meditation, "Black Friday Breathing." I'm going to set it to post on Friday, so you can look for it while I'm away.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 01:46 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks, everyone, for the responses on our tests. The ones we had Sunday came back negative for both of us, so we're easing up a bit on what we're doing at home. I have some usual Wednesday errands to do, though I'll avoid big stores as much as possible. DH is still staying home. He should be off isolation on Thursday so we are going to my sister's. And she's convinced he's fine, too.

Didn't get the shelves up in the garage as I missed ordering one crucial part, now due Friday. But we got most of another garage project done and will finish it today. I got in a dog walk and a bedtime stretch.

Beth, good to hear you're getting a bit of a break at work before it gets hairy. Enjoy your trip. And good to hear that you liked that book I recommended in the reading thread.

Margot, I'll have to check out 1409. Sometimes my knees need workouts to be on the floor. But for quite a while those who didn't like all-floor workouts complained to CS so they stopped doing them. I remember someone who posted here saying she should get her money's worth from her purchase and those who wanted to do floor work could just string together some of the half workouts. I couldn't figure out why her desires trumped mine or why she thought she was being so gracious in allowing for there to be any floor work. I did notice there are now fewer floorwork sections of any kind so I'm happy to hear there is at least one on the new season. Not that the lack of floorwork has caused me not to buy all of the new seasons.

Pat, best of luck with the booster response. I was tired and achy for three days, but way less reaction than to my second dose. I had Moderna so the booster was a half dose.

Sandra, I fall in the group who've heard of Buti but no knowledge. Hope it goes well for your niece.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 08:26 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - I'm getting ready to fly out later this morning. My communication might be sporadic while I'm travelling, so wishing everyone a very happy and safe holiday!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-24-21, 08:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all. Nothing to report. I had to work late in order to take two days off then pick up a last few grocery items. The booster didn't help.

KarenJo I'm so happy for you the tests were negative. I had the Moderna half booster too, so I think my sinus headache made it worse.

Paine, you must Netflix The Red Shoes!

Sorry to be short - waves all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 09:04 AM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

Today's workouts:
- HealthBarre 30 Minute Morning Wake-Up
- ETV Gail's Pain Workshop. One thing I learned is that I do tend to push my stretches, causing more tension, rather than relaxing into them. Something I need to remember!

Beth - Happy Holidays to you and your family. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Pat - Hope you're feeling better today. ((Hugs))

Karen Jo - That's great news that your tests came back negative and you can now relax a little. I think you'll be pleased to know that there are a few classes besides 1409 in Series 14 that have floor work. I made some sketchy notes:

- CS1403 - Standing warm-up 6 minutes, then floor work for the rest of the class.
- CS1405 - Standing for 10 minutes, then to the floor for toning and stretching.
- CS1412 - Floor work - mainly stretches - beginning at 13 minutes.
- CS1416 - Floor work from 6 minutes into the class. Ab crunches, sitting quad work, upper back (prone) etc. and stretches.
- CS1418 - Floor work from 10 minutes; ab work, side-lying leg work, stretches etc.

Waves Paine, Cyana, Pam, Sandra and all visiting today.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 11:24 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Butt Lift and Slim Thighs | 15-Minute Barre Booty Workout for Better Buns, Abs and Thighs with Jessica Smith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUDq...jessicasmithtv

Jessica's Barre Booty Workout was more challenging than I thought it would be.

Pat, I just checked and Netflix doesn't have The Red Shoes. I'll have to see if our library has it.

Beth, travel safely and have fun!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 12:18 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for the descriptions of the episodes with floorwork, Margot. I should have had this DVD running in the background while I just went through Total Fitness DVDs to make sure I have everything I want in my cart when the sale starts. I like to preview and have a couple dozen DVDs waiting for that. Mary's sale is scheduled to start tomorrow but she often goes live early.

Pat, we did have low-grade headaches, too, with our boosters. I'm sure it would play up any tendency you have. Hope it's improved.

Wishing Beth luck with the crazy airports today. Hopefully she won't run into any really rude passengers.

I did a dog walk and one quick forward bend sitting in bed before I crashed early. We got our garage project done and a bit of other clean up. We have a big garage that has been to workshop for our remodel. Remodel isn't quite done but the equipment and most excess stuff is now gone. We're hanging gardening tools on the walls to make cleaning up dust, leaves and spiders easier. And easier access. I did get 8632 steps recorded. It's a big garage.

Not sure what I'll get done today in the way of exercise. It's my usual shopping and errands day and the day before Thanksgiving. We'll see how that goes.

Old 11-24-21, 12:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello!

I’ve been sidelined with a chronic stomach issue flare up since I got home Monday night. Definitely too many treats the past couple of weeks, lesson learned! So I have been laying low. I hope to get a gentle workout in today.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 09:14 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Oh, Pam, sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. That's a lesson I've learned innumerable times.

I got my Total Fitness DVDs order placed. Checked in late afternoon here to see if the sale had started and it had. That's also the only thing exercise related I've done so far today. But I got my shopping and errands done.

Old 11-24-21, 09:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Got in safely; no issues. Have a good holiday everyone!

Follow me @YogiBethC