Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-24, 10:14 AM  
amery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
Just when I was going to stop buying Cathe workouts because I can't do them like I used to after too many health issues. I'm happy she was able to reel me back in.

I started with the last release buying only digital versions. I have a crap ton of workout DVDs that I need to let go of. But, they remind me so much of who I used to be.
Ah, yes, me too.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-24, 08:47 PM  
CharM

there's a little update in this thread with a video clip:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=235284

I wonder if her pace will be as slow as what she showed? I would love for that to be the case. The moves reminded me of something I've done in Tracie Long's workouts, but I think Tracie moves quicker.

I haven't haven't bought anything of hers since XTrain (actually I have Turbo Barre and another from that series) but this seems like something I'd like.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-24, 07:35 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I have ordered Cathe's downloads and they are absolutely reliable, quite unlike Margaret Richards' downloads, which no longer exist!
Thank you!
Old 02-20-24, 08:56 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
Just when I was going to stop buying Cathe workouts because I can't do them like I used to after too many health issues. I'm happy she was able to reel me back in.

I started with the last release buying only digital versions. I have a crap ton of workout DVDs that I need to let go of. But, they remind me so much of who I used to be.
Yes, this feels like my woes exactly. Except for the digital versions part. I don't have many digital workouts, and if I do I've already forgotten about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
there's a little update in this thread with a video clip:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=235284

I wonder if her pace will be as slow as what she showed? I would love for that to be the case. The moves reminded me of something I've done in Tracie Long's workouts, but I think Tracie moves quicker.
I'm hoping for a similar pace as well!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 12:03 AM  
bjones

I'm hoping it will be what Jessica keeps promising but never seems to deliver! I just can't do her AAP workouts because they are so slow and repetitive. I really do want functional aging benefits but she's not doing it for me. Cathe never disappoints because she delivers exactly what she promises. That said, I've learned NOT to order any advanced cardio anymore with high impact and burpees galore, thats for sure! I'm really enjoying her STS 2 recovery workouts for a light day, and hoping to see a slightly more challenging version of those as part of the new series for a regular workout day.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 07:49 AM  
sherry7899

I will not use gliding discs ( I don't have the right flooring and I fear injuring myself). I hopeI can figure out a modification if she does use discs.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 08:41 AM  
fatkat555

I haven’t preordered for some reason… usually, I’m pretty quick to place an order.

I hope these don’t involve buying new equipment. My space is extremely limited and I might have in-laws moving in to take up my guest room/exercise room space.

Aren’t these balance discs what cause Brooke Shields to break her femur? I’m wondering if Brooke was more on a wobble board (I remember my daughter on it for PT for a foot issue).

I have a bosu already that’s rarely used. I wonder if it would be a good substitute.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 09:21 AM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones View Post
I'm hoping it will be what Jessica keeps promising but never seems to deliver! I just can't do her AAP workouts because they are so slow and repetitive. I really do want functional aging benefits but she's not doing it for me. Cathe never disappoints because she delivers exactly what she promises. That said, I've learned NOT to order any advanced cardio anymore with high impact and burpees galore, thats for sure! I'm really enjoying her STS 2 recovery workouts for a light day, and hoping to see a slightly more challenging version of those as part of the new series for a regular workout day.
I’ve been disappointed in Jessica’s AAP workouts, too, and I won’t be renewing my subscription. Cathe does deliver. And it’s much easier for me to modify something in one of her workouts than it is to try to make one of Jessica’s workouts more challenging.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 09:40 AM  
Janine

Canadians and ordering

I would love to order from Cathe but for Canadians it's so expensive with the exchange and everything. I was just wondering what other people do from Canada. Is there many that order?
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-24, 09:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I will not use gliding discs ( I don't have the right flooring and I fear injuring myself). I hop I can figure out a modification if she does use discs.
I just use a chair to hold onto when using gliding discs. It really helps, and yes, I know that it defeats some of the reasons for using them.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lmr, cathe preorder, lift move restore