Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-13, 11:37 AM  
bubbles76

Pink Firms - Need Suggestions

I have tried a few, and am finding that I really like them at this stage in my exercise journey Simple, not fussy, can easily heavy up with more weights, and no brainers for early in the morning. Can anyone recommend any Pink Firms that they like? I'm looking for some that are more strength oriented than cardio, but a combo of the two is not bad if there is an express option to do the cardio seperately. "Purple" Firm recommendations are good too

Additionally, as most of the Firms are AWT style, can you do one every day and still get results without injury? By "results" I mean increased strength, endurance, and muscle definition. Not looking to lose weight, but would like to flatten my stomach.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 11:52 AM  
cfwb

Annie's Hi Def Sculpt is one of my favorites - it's one of those that doesn't seem like much when you do it, but it sneaks up on you and I always have DOMS the next day.
cfwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 11:55 AM  
JENILU

I can't answer all your questions, but 2 that I really like that got me re-interested in the Firm were Allie's Time Crunch Cardio (has 3 short workouts that can be combined, 2 of which use weights mixed with cardio) and Rebbeka's Get Chisel'd (it doesn't have an express version I don't think, but there is an extra 15 minute cardio on it). I also like Allie's Total Body Toner, but I haven't done it in a long time and don't think it has an express version.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 12:15 PM  
Jane1721

I don't care much for the pink Firms anymore, but I do like Allie's Total Body Toner. Also, Hard Core Fusion and 500 Calorie Workout are good ones, but they are an even mix of weights and cardio (well chaptered, though, so easy to skip the cardio segments).
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 12:50 PM  
bubbles76

Oh, I've been wanting to try Total Body Toner! It's on my wishlist. Jane, why don't you care for the Pink Firms anymore?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 01:27 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Oh, I've been wanting to try Total Body Toner! It's on my wishlist. Jane, why don't you care for the Pink Firms anymore?
Total Body Toner is an underrated gem in my book! Starts off with four limb which I love, but then you can go heavy. There's a bit too much ab work at the end for my tastes, (I don't like crunches, etc.), so I do my own ab work and stretch at that point.

Hi-Def Sculpting is good too. I also really like Punch, Jump and Jab, but some may not like that it's not too focused on either weights or cardio. However, I sometimes just enjoy a nice mix that gets my blood moving (and I love Kelsie).

Finally, if you like non-fussy, strength oriented FIRMs at about the "pink" intensity I recommend FRIM Classic Fat Burning. The set is totally cheesy (jungle theme with creepy plastic leopards), but the workout is great!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 01:30 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I think it's because of all of the Firm DVD releases that FitFaves is doing! I have always loved The Firm, but to me, there really is no comparison between Anna Benson Firms and Gaiam Firms (that said, I do still like most of the GoodTimes Firms). Also, the pink Firms are much faster paced so I can't go as heavy on the weights.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 02:07 PM  
PeakFitness

Kelsie's Tight Buns and Killer Legs
also Punch Jump N Jab!
Old 05-06-13, 06:15 PM  
Carol K

Total Body Time Crunch is one of my favorites. The express option is all sculpting. In answer to whether you can do AWT workouts everyday, I alternate those that use heavy weights with those that just use light weights.
Old 05-06-13, 08:29 PM  
anne

Total Body Time Crunch and Burn and Shape are my favorites. Hard Core Fusion is also a good one and has a shorter 35 minute premix.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, pink firm, pink firms, the firm