Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-15-12, 07:21 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Debbie has been tweeting about filming Sin6 I think it was last week she said they finished. This will be the second time they've redone Sin6. I wish they'd do a new SS instead. She tweeted pics of the set and the background exercisers.
Seriously? How many Si6 series does one need?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 07:25 AM  
scrappindad
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Debbie has been tweeting about filming Sin6 I think it was last week she said they finished. This will be the second time they've redone Sin6. I wish they'd do a new SS instead. She tweeted pics of the set and the background exercisers.
Bummer! I was hoping this was a new SS.
scrappindad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 08:02 AM  
Diana3271

So this is not a new Slim Series? http://instagr.am/p/JbGYCORq39/

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 08:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Jeez, I would hope it's not another S in 6. She just re-did that one in 2010, I think. I was assuming it was another SS. I think maybe the username is Sin6 when they post. At least that's what I convinced myself.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 08:42 AM  
Stacey77

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Jeez, I would hope it's not another S in 6. She just re-did that one in 2010, I think. I was assuming it was another SS. I think maybe the username is Sin6 when they post. At least that's what I convinced myself.
I hope you're right. I have something real painful going on with the thumb on my right hand (arthritis?) and am really getting into these workouts because the band doesn't hurt me like heavy dumbells do. I would like to see a couple shorter workouts too. There are a couple SS workouts that are 70 minutes long. I don't think anyone needs to work out that long. There's a big dread factor there for me.
Stacey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 10:01 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I got the impression it's Sin6 for some reason. I hope I'm wrong.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 10:41 AM  
dnna

today I did Sharon's 0 t 60 and I think that would fit in nicely with a SS rotations. it is about an hour, light to 5 pound weights, intervals of cardio and toning and fun! music, in fact it is so gosh durn fun, we often do a segment again! lol
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 11:10 AM  
Aurora C.

I wish Debbie would do a new SS too! She's so easy to workout with every morning, the time flies right by.

I used to love Gilad when I was a kid, loved the scenery too! He is probably the first one who turned me on to high rep/low weight. I remember my brother having a Gilad video where he did this arm routine (I think with no weights), where you had to hold your arms out & do circles for like EVER! Very similar to TA's arm routine on Mat Workout. Then I was a little late to the Firm wagon, but I felt compelled to use heavy weights like Susan Harris was using & could never figure out why I was getting so bulky when none of the other Firm exercisers looked that way! ...it took years of trial & error, giving up & getting back to exercise, to figure out I don't do well with heavy weights.

I have never done a lot of Karen Voight, but I did love the one with Elle McPherson - Personal Best? I think. That was my perfect workout for a long time because I loved the scenery, that they used real music that I recognized & the workout was just challenging enough for me to do regularly - not sure I got the results I wanted & it might be too easy for me now, but I still wish they would put that out on DVD so I could revisit it & see if it would fit in my rotation - I really loved that one. I will look for the Great Weighted Workout.
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 01:44 PM  
txfitmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora C. View Post
Which Joyce Vedral's, txfitmom? I've not done or even seen anything from her! I couldn't get into Ellen Barrett so much, I like her, but I don't get that worked out feeling from her DVDs...they're just a little too wimpy or something.
The Joyce workouts I have been using are Slow Duet, Quick Quartet, Definition, Fast Forward, and On the Ball. I am about to also add in her Bottoms Up Gold Plus and Speedy Nonstop this week. I like to mix and match her workouts so I don't get too bored. In Slow Duet you do the exercises at a really slow pace and it is actually harder than it seems. Definition is one of her toughest with a full pyramid. For all of her workouts I only use 5, 6, and 7 pounds. You could possibly go lighter if you want to. What I like about Joyce (and yes she does act a little goofy sometimes, but that does not bother me) is that she uses light to medium weights for upper body and then either does body weight exercises or floor work for the lower body with lots of attention to the abs/core.

On the topic of SI6/SS, I wish they would come out with something similar to Slim Series rather than redoing SI6 again and maybe something that has shorter workout options or options to just choose the floor work, etc.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 07:06 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I looked back at Twitter and 9 days ago Debbie tweeted "Slim in 6 Infomercial Shoot."
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit workouts, halfsies, leaning out, light-weight/high-rep, results, slim series, slim series success