Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-12, 02:46 PM  
TinaS

Advanced Circuit Workout Suggestions??

I'm interested in your recommendations for advanced level circuit workouts.
I already have all of Cathe's stuff and am looking to try something different. I want to stay away from a lot of high impact (tuck jumps, jumping onto a step). Thanks!
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 02:58 PM  
icebergslim

Paul Katami Hollywood Bootcamp. Total advanced circuit workout.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 03:02 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Honestly, I find anything by Bob Harper to be advanced and not having too much impact. Body Rev Cardio Conditioning, Pure Burn Super Strength, Bob's Workout, Ultimate Cardio Body, Transformation - all of these have (compared to other advanced circuit workouts) not too much high impact and the bit that is in there can be modified. Often I use his workouts on a day I am not doing high impact. He has a short tuck jump segment in Body Rev, but it is towards the end and I just substitute on days I am doing low impact. I am not saying they don't have some, they do, but it is very little in comparison to others and the workout doesn't need it to be intense.

Also, how about Paul Katami's Hollywood Bootcamp 4X4? There are some high impact moves in the cardio sections (it is set up as one minute cardio, one minute lower, one minute upper, and one minute core, repeat once), but you could easily modify them since they are not the bulk of the workout.

I'm interested to hear suggestions too.
Old 04-13-12, 03:24 PM  
TinaS

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with Paul Katami, but I'll definately check it out. Am hoping to get to the library this weekend to look for Bob Harper workouts.
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 03:31 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Ditto on the Bob Harper recommendations! I love his workouts and they are tough!
Old 04-13-12, 05:03 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
I'm not familiar with Paul Katami, but I'll definately check it out. Am hoping to get to the library this weekend to look for Bob Harper workouts.
Awesome! Make sure you don't get a biggest loser workout (since you are looking for advanced). Try one of these:
Body Rev Cardio Conditioning, Pure Burn Super Strength, Bob's Workout, Ultimate Cardio Body, Total Body Transformation. Also, if you are looking for Yoga, I really like his Yoga for the Warrior workout.
Old 04-13-12, 08:59 PM  
bfit

The Brooklyn Bridge Boot Camp workout is excellent. It's tough!
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-12, 10:47 PM  
princess76

Jillian Michaels
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 12:11 AM  
edensmom

I love Paul K.'s Burn & Build. He does include a tough burpee variation with one hand on the high step and a kettlebell in the other. You could easily step back rather than jump. I don't recall any other impact, but it's been awhile, so if I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct. This was a real favorite of mine last fall and I definitely recommend.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-12, 01:36 AM  
juberann

I gotta admit Jillian Michaels has some of the best circuit training workouts ever (and super effective,too)

Tags
advanced circuits, advanced workouts, circuit, circuit workouts