Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-15-11, 06:46 PM  
Aurora C.

If I got results from slim series, what else will I like?

I love these, got good results from them & feel like I'll come back to them again & again...but right now I'm so bored that I'm finding myself resisting my workouts & craving variety. I'm an intermediate to advanced exerciser seeking to further carve lean, flexible muscles & shed fat.

I have some barre workouts, which I try to intersperse with SS in rotations, but I don't get the same energy or feel as thoroughly worked by them so a totally barre rotation isn't for me. I prefer circuits, preferably an hour or less in length. I found Jari kind of "eh", not really into the Firms, forget Cathe, Chalean bulked me up (no matter how she claimed heavy weights wouldn't - they did!), I'm afraid P90X will do the same, I liked KCM but her workouts seemed to bulk me a bit too, I have a bunch of Jillian's but I find her kind of abrasive & wind up resisting workouts when she's scheduled.

The only thing that really worked to get me the lean, sculpted results I'm going for has been SS so far, with some extra stuff (swimming, spinning, TurboFire, etc) thrown in here & there...what other options can y'all recommend to add some variety? Things that can be modified to use the trampoline are really helpful too. Thanks in advance.
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 06:53 PM  
kariev34

I don't have a suggestion to you but i wanted to know did you do the slim training rotation or something else?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 07:41 PM  
daisyduke

I would say P90X. It really isn't lifting slow and heavy. I burn over 500 calories with most of those workouts, and usually the reps are high! Hundreds of pushups, loads of bicep work, tons of shoulder work, etc. It's not just doing 6 reps of one body part and then moving on to something else. I loved Slim Series too, and after awhile I had to use such heavy weights that it wasn't worth it. P90X gave me incredible results. Good luck.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 08:03 PM  
sunnyside

I'm also a huge fan of slim series. I would suggest Dove or Tonique or Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift. Or even a combination of all 4. I use my rebounder while doing Tonique's cardio sections. It works well.
sunnyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 08:24 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I was also going to suggest Tonique and Dove. Mary has clips of both.
Old 10-15-11, 08:38 PM  
cherimac

I agree that Tonique and Dove are both similar in feel. I also like 10 Pounds Down Total Body Tuneup by Jessica Smith for that type of workout.

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/10-P...a-Sm-p/934.htm
Old 10-15-11, 09:11 PM  
Missiscipi

My advice for the sleek and slim look would be Jari Love and some boxing with 1lb weights...maybe Michael Olajide Jr?

So do like -
Jari 3x per week
Boxing 3x per week
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 11:16 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Dove Rose's Total Body Workouts would probably meet your needs.
If you don't mind a slightly retro route, then Cindy Crawford's workouts (Shape Your Body and The Next Challenge) are also good.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-11, 11:47 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Dove Rose's Total Body Workouts would probably meet your needs.
If you don't mind a slightly retro route, then Cindy Crawford's workouts (Shape Your Body and The Next Challenge) are also good.
I get the best results with the Slim Series too (and have been since they came out -- nothing else compares). The ones that I can sub in and seem similar for results are what Lucky Star said -- Cindy Crawford's SYB and TNC (you just have to update her ab work and neck rolls a bit so you don't hurt yourself, but the music is great) and Dove's workouts (she has more cardio bursts than Debbie, but similar light weight/high reps). I also love Cathe, so I lean more toward her muscle endurance workouts. I do love her Gym Styles and Meso 2, but don't get the same results.

I'm starting to experiment with some of Kelly Coffey-Meyer's workouts too.

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-11, 04:57 AM  
Lmg

I would definitely say Dove's Bodies!
Lmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit workouts, dove rose, rebounder, similar to slim series, slim series, trampoline