Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-11, 03:23 PM  
Elise7

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm looking for intensity with music slow enough that I can use 10s instead of 5s for the weight work. And music not hyper fast for the cardio parts. Also, I'm looking for a good balance of chest, back, bis, tris, and shoulders.

Of the above suggestions (and any more that come to mind) what would you recommend?
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 04:10 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

I also really like drill max . . it's fun. I'm not the best at saying what covers the whole body. I do think paul Katami's is awesome and I change the weights around a lot on that one. I only use light weight for the "iron cross" section.
Old 05-01-11, 04:17 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise7 View Post

I'm looking for intensity with music slow enough that I can use 10s instead of 5s for the weight work. And music not hyper fast for the cardio parts. Also, I'm looking for a good balance of chest, back, bis, tris, and shoulders.
Jillian's stuff tends to be at the pace you are looking for, but I do find that she can be a bit extensive with the shoulder work.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 04:30 PM  
neatski

I disagree with the Peak 10 Cardio Strength recommendation- it's more of a cardio workout than anything else.

Cathe's Bootcamp is also awesome.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 04:33 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions.

Of the above suggestions (and any more that come to mind) what would you recommend?
You can use 10's and 5's and I think Michelle uses 8's and 15's for Peak 10 Cardio Strength but you won't like the cardio part so scratch that off the suggestion list.
Old 05-01-11, 11:20 PM  
Jade

Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000 Workout. I prefer the original 1000 over the newer version (Extremely Ripped 1000)-- the weight work in the former is more controlled and balanced, IMHO.

Also, KCM's 30 MTF BootCamp is good too. You need to use light weights for some exercises, but in most strength segments you can go heavy if you want too.
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 12:11 AM  
Elise7

Thanks everyone! How about Stephanie V's Total Body Shaper? Is this balanced, advanced, and controlled pace?
Elise7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 12:15 AM  
Jade

Quote:
Thanks everyone! How about Stephanie V's Total Body Shaper? Is this balanced, advanced, and controlled pace?
I liked it. As I recall, it's probably more intermediate than advanced, but a very good and well-rounded workout.
Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 04:31 AM  
acescholar

My favorite circuit workout is Cathe's High Step Training ADVANCED (not to be confused with either High Step Circuit or High Step Challenge), but you have to love the high step since there are six sets! I also really like Circuit Blast (from Shock Cardio), but HSTA is more challenging.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 09:10 AM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
My favorite circuit workout is Cathe's High Step Training ADVANCED (not to be confused with either High Step Circuit or High Step Challenge), but you have to love the high step since there are six sets! I also really like Circuit Blast (from Shock Cardio), but HSTA is more challenging.
Cathe's HSTA is my absolute favorite too! Incredibly challenging and time efficient and also very fun! I just did it today.

I also like Stephanie Vitorino Ultimate Body Shaper. Classic AWT.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit training, circuit workouts, circuits