Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-17-11, 01:27 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfitz View Post
I've never really done circuits regularly. I'm doing Supreme 90 and it's mostly circuits (the way it's being defined here). Now, I can't wait to see how my body shapes up after 3 months of S90. Doing non-circuit workouts do make me look bulky and I've never really considered doing circuit training on a regular basis. Something new for me!
I am doing supreme 90 and the workouts are short enough that I add on HIIT, or some type of 30 minute cardio interval that keeps it balanced. S90D is circuit because you go from one workout to another in rapid fashion, which also gives you are cardio boost since it keeps your heartrate up.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 01:28 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
I am doing around 100-125 pushups twice a week. I am telling you ladies, if you want your arms toned up, especially the triceps, pushups is the key. I never got my triceps toned the way I wanted until I incorporated pushups and got serious about it. And I am doing the Supreme 90 rotation but incorporate the pushups during the week.
YEP! Pushups are the key to my success! I'm constantly looking for new variations. I just got a suspension trainer, and oh my goodness, doing them on the suspension trainer is a whole new level of pain....

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 01:32 PM  
icebergslim

[QUOTE=MM-Om;1766509]
Quote:

When you say you do 100-125 pushups do you do them in sets like 10 or 20 and take a rest. Thanks
I do them at a clip of 20-25, take a rest and back at it. I also time myself with my gymboss, so I will give myself 30-45 sec break and back at it. I also do different push ups, the wide arm for the chest, dive bombers, triceps, etc. I thought I would hate paper workouts or add ons without a dvd, but I have found that if I put on some music that I like and go at it the time flys.
Old 03-17-11, 01:33 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
YEP! Pushups are the key to my success! I'm constantly looking for new variations. I just got a suspension trainer, and oh my goodness, doing them on the suspension trainer is a whole new level of pain....
OK, now you have piqued my interest....
Old 03-17-11, 01:36 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
And there was a time when I could not do the men push ups, or maybe just 1 or 2. But as with anything, you have to keep at it. Plus, pushups gives you another added benefit, it works your core like nothing else.
Old 03-17-11, 01:40 PM  
neatski

Quote:
OK, now you have piqued my interest....
Have you ever done incline pushups with your hands on a stability ball or decline pushups or pikes with your feet/ankles on a stability ball? It's a similar feeling- there's SO much more abdominal stabilization required. For some of the variations, I can barely do one, which is awesome! I'm always looking for new exercises to torture myself with

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 01:52 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Have you ever done incline pushups with your hands on a stability ball or decline pushups or pikes with your feet/ankles on a stability ball? It's a similar feeling- there's SO much more abdominal stabilization required. For some of the variations, I can barely do one, which is awesome! I'm always looking for new exercises to torture myself with
Yes, in fact these type of pushups are incorporated in the ultimate ball part of S90D. Those are tough and I am constantly working on it, but you feel it in your abdominal area the next day because you are working your core in a different way.
Old 03-17-11, 01:53 PM  
Jules

Quote:
And there was a time when I could not do the men push ups, or maybe just 1 or 2. But as with anything, you have to keep at it. Plus, pushups gives you another added benefit, it works your core like nothing else.
No kidding! Look at Zuzana's core -- so inspiring!

I have set a new goal for myself to do a minimum of 100 big-boy pushups with variations each day. With two preschoolers (one is potty training), it can be difficult to get a solid block of time to work out every day, but I can *always* drop and do a set of pushups whenever!

I am going to work in a few sets of pull-ups each day too.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-11, 02:37 PM  
willbefit

Thanks, ladies! I am beginning to incorporate more circuit workouts each week and we'll see how it goes! I was particularly interested because, as I said in my earlier post, I get bored with straight cardio and like to intersperse it with weight work.
I am also interested in doing more pushups! I like the idea of sets of 20.
willbefit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit, circuit training, circuits, results