Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-21-10, 02:50 PM  
Rhonda

How do you work in the circuit training? do you do it everyday or do circuit training one day and cardio the next?

I am coming to the end of my rotation and would like to start something new next week.

Right now I am heavy lifting (meso 2 and 3 rotation).

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 02:56 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
How do you work in the circuit training? do you do it everyday or do circuit training one day and cardio the next?

I am coming to the end of my rotation and would like to start something new next week.

Since I'm aiming for increased strength and endurance, rather than fat loss, I'm treating it as a strength day (no strength training the day before or after).
Old 09-21-10, 03:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i rarely do splits - i've always liked and benefitted from cardio strength circuits.

when i did CLX, my mindset was that i was getting an aerobic benefit being that my HR would shoot up during the "get extreme" part near the end (3 reps in slo-motion). i got results with that style too, probably because i usually do circuits w/cardio or AWT.

my physiology is responsive to all types of training. it usually takes 2 weeks to see how it is responding.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 04:19 PM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakFitness View Post
Lol! Sorry, it was I don't know! Sorry I got your hopes up!
Well, it's also a relief -- IDK sounded expensive!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 04:22 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Results - first off, I am not looking to lose weight (although I'll never complain if I lose 5 pounds ) however....I AM looking to maintain fitness, strength, muscle tone, all that stuff, and seeing as I am coming up on my 58th birthday soon, all this stuff becomes more and more important.

So with that being said, I mainly use cardio/strength circuits (which I happen to LOVE) to mix up things. I think I maintain cardio endurance and strength better when I do straight cardio sessions and straight strength sessions.
But if you do the same thing all the time your body adapts...so I do throw in circuits. Plus they are just plain fun for me.
Old 09-21-10, 04:25 PM  
TinaT

Are we talking about AWT? I love this! When I was consistant with AWT via the FIRM, I lost weight, had incredible cardio endurance and felt wonderful. I don't have time to do just weights and then a day of just cardio... ain't gonna happen. So getting the bennies of both in one shot is also very motivating and helps me to stick to it.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 06:02 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post

Rhonda
It depends on how heavy you are lifting, I usually do Firms and rotate them with a Firm cardio (or other) workout. Something like a SS workout, of course you can do everyday since the weights are much lighter.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit training, circuits, metabolic training