Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-09, 05:53 PM  
horusosiris

I have done Step Forward and Staying Power and enjoyed both. I thought that they were fun and she used some unique moves. I use them to hit a muscle grouping a second time in the week. After I did my legs routine, I did step Forward and my legs really felt it the next day. I like her instructional style. She moves right along in these workouts and not a moment is wasted.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 06:13 PM  
Taz95
VF Supporter

I like Defining Shape and Back Up. The medicine ball cardio in Back Up is terrific and has a lot of great sports-inspired moves. I hope Tracie considers doing an all-med ball workout at some point because I think she'd do a terrific job. Staying Power I'm not quite sold on as a whole, although the ending floorwork section is great. Step Forward will be hitting the exchange as soon as I get the replacement disc. I prefer really fun, dance-y step like Christi T.

Having said all that, I don't like these as much as I liked the two workouts Tracie lead in the last series she released. There is still a functional fitness feel to them, but they don't have as many creative moves as the older workouts.
Taz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 08:54 PM  
jeanniem
VF Supporter

I don't find these anywhere near as tough as a classic Firm, the TLPs or some of the TLT's. These just aren't for me I guess. While I'm not looking for a punishing workout by any means, I am looking for intensity and these just aren't it for me.
jeanniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 12:45 AM  
lrb04

I love these workouts because I feel I workout but didn't kill myself. I find Tracie's moves refreshing but similar in some regards to the pink Firms. I like the instrumental music. It is a nice change. As regards to intensity, since my joints have issues I NEEDED to go low impact and lower intensity. I glad I did besides not killing myself I lost 15 pounds from doing less time and impact. I had been doing high impact and having a hard time losing 5 pounds. But with normal eating, I lost weight fairly easy. I am a much happier person and I don't need to work my muscle and body to death. Happy New Year!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 09:49 AM  
stacy4ft9

I did Step Forward for the 2nd time and just love it -- everything about it! This is probably my favorite step workout right now.
stacy4ft9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 10:05 AM  
Nessa

Quote:
It is so sad that Anna Benson never got a chance to see these DVDs. She would have been so proud of Tracie. It feels like Anna's work is being carried forward in these DVDs. Tracie couldn't have done a better job with these. This is a stronger more focused Tracie as if that could be possible. The one on one format is also perfect. I hope she will continue with it in the future.
So well said. As I was doing Staying Power and Defining Shape, I was thinking about Anna! I love the new workouts also. They were on target for me and I always know I can heavy up if I need to...which I don't need to right now!

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”
Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 10:09 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy4ft9 View Post
I did Step Forward for the 2nd time and just love it -- everything about it! This is probably my favorite step workout right now.

I think once I get the new version with no glitch, this workout will be a favorite as well! My thighs were on fire during the 2nd segment!

(by the way, does anyone know when we'll get the corrected version? That little glitch really throws me so I just do my own thing but I really want to learn that combo!)

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 01:33 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I really want to learn that combo!
It's in the 15-minute (labeled as 20 minutes) cardio premix, with no glitch. Ive done it, and really like it.

I'm planning on doing this workout today (as part of the VF exercise marathon) and I'm going to be changing over to the premix when that segment comes up, then going back to the regular workout to continue.

I am somewhat tempted to try the workout with the glitch, to see if I can do as I see rather than what I hear (but I think it would be like rubbing my tummy while patting my head...though I can do that fairly easily, LOL!)

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 02:37 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

I've done them all once now - but not in order and did Defining Shape last, which I thought was great up to the balance segment (the first 30 minutes). When she went into the balance segment, I didn't think it belonged there or blended too well, then onto the way-too-easy (beginner) floor work which was a total disappointment.

But overall, I liked this workout.

---
Yesterday, new years eve, I did TLP - DSP and yes, these workouts aren't anywhere as intense as her older stuff.

---
Am I missing something? What does everyone like about Staying Power? What weight Medball are you using; I'm using 6 lbs and it just doesn't get my HR up at all. I've done the entire workout and the 22 minute premix as an add-on.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 03:01 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=BarbK;1470974]I've done them all once now - but not in order and did Defining Shape last, which I thought was great up to the balance segment (the first 30 minutes). When she went into the balance segment, I didn't think it belonged there or blended too well, then onto the way-too-easy (beginner) floor work which was a total disappointment.

I haven't done Defining Shape yet, but could you add ankle weights to the floor work to make it more challenging?

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, functional fitness, glitches, mark henriksen, step forward, tracie long