Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-09, 02:01 PM  
jeanniem
VF Supporter

Am I the only one disappointed in the new Tracie Long w/o

I generally like her workouts, but these seem really unbalanced to me. They have sections that feel easy, lack balanced upper body work, and well they don't feel very challenging. Tracie is super fit, so I wish she'd give us workouts that are challenging and balanced.
jeanniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-09, 02:16 PM  
dnna

I only did one so far and am I crazy?-I thought it was a Pink Firm!!
The one I did was the med ball one.
Donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-09, 02:36 PM  
counterclockwise

I am so glad to hear this! : ) I have been wondering if I was going to regret cancelling my order.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-09, 06:59 PM  
Sara1000

I was hot to get these until I heard how rude they were about the cancellation penalty. I'm glad I didn't!
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-09, 09:16 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I only did one so far and am I crazy?-I thought it was a Pink Firm!!
The one I did was the med ball one.
Donna
Donna, thank you for posting this! I primarily wanted the med ball one but really trust your opinion. If you think it's similar to pink Firms then I can save my $$ cause I sure have enough of those.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-09, 09:40 PM  
Honeydew

oh no. I thought that these would be different...they looked good from the clips.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 05:21 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I actually enjoyed the workout I've done (Staying Power-even wrote a review) and may even do another today. Yes, it isn't KILLER like Shock Cardio Hiit or Insanity, but after I did the workout, I was definitely sore in all the right places and felt worked out. Sorry you aren't enjoying them as much....

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 06:37 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I liked them too. I agree that they're not a tough as what she's done in the past, but Tracie has a unique way of presenting even the most common moves and she gives the best form pointers in the business.

If you wanted something really intense, I can see where you might be disappointed in this series, but it's the right level for me.
Old 12-26-09, 07:07 AM  
dnna

I wrote that I thought the one I tried was like a Pink Firm which is actually a good thing to me- I like the Pink Firms- I can handle that level pretty well and I have done well with the Pinks! I like Tracy's precision of movement- the way she hits the spot on each move so accurately and clean. I know on another thread she was called "robotic" but I see it as being on the spot.
Trying another one today. I expect by the previews that I will be able to do it all on the first round and walk away happy, not flattened.heck, just walk away is a good thing!
the Cathes look way way out of my reach so I am happy with this set.
Donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 08:53 AM  
snora

I only have done "Staying Power". I liked it - the pushup segment was quite difficult for me. The cardio segments were more athletic, which works for those of us that are choreographically challenged. The floor portion at the end reminded me of the original Firm workouts. However, exercises were shorter and subsequently not as challenging. But then, I'm older now, so I did not mind.
snora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, functional fitness, glitches, mark henriksen, step forward, tracie long