Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-09, 09:37 PM  
KimA

I also recommend Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. I've used this one once a week for the past month or so. I also have to stick to low impact because of a herniated disc in my back and this workout has not aggravated it.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 09:47 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyBlue View Post
Does Tom...(Oh, I forgot his name! Baby brain!!) 45 minute Total Body Workout have a modifier?
You're thinking of Tom Holland, and no he doesn't have a modifier BUT his workouts are dead simple and not high impact. He does a couple of minutes cardio here and there and might jump a bit (jumping jacks, etc) but he says do whatever you want so you can do, for instance, high knees marching (or whatever).

Another good one is The Firm Bootcamp Maximum Cardio Burn, which is about 50 mins of athletic moves and has a modifier (Sue Mi). Just some dumbbells in that one.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 12:52 AM  
RubyBlue

lreidgreen- thanks, yes, I thought the Jillian cardio workout was too high impact for me but NMTZ may be Ok.

arealtwit, thanks- I have YBBC, I had for gotten about that!

Joan,
I must try BBC but I don't want the ball- I might try and get it off the Swap.

Thanks, mizach- I have never tried P90.

Kim- glad NMTZ is working for you! That's great to hear.

Lucky Star- I'm sure I have that Firm- is it a Pink one ? (I get them mixed up.) Thans, yes, Tom Holland! D'oh, my brain!

Thanks, everyone. That's a great list to be going on with. I'll finish CLX and then revisit this list.
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 05:29 AM  
kat999

I'm also going to chime in to extol the virtues of Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. It's short, it's low impact, and you can modify by virtue of how much or if you use weights. There is a short cardio segment at the beginning with marching, "jumprope," and jumping jacks, but you could easily change that up if that's too intense for you by just marching or jogging.

Jillian is so tough but encouraging, too. She's awesome.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 06:25 AM  
jlar

I second Tom Holland's total body workout - LOVE IT!!

I also enjoy Cathe's intermediate workouts - Body Fusion, Low Impact Step/TOtal Body Sculpting, Low IMpact Circuit; Bootcamp and Cardio & Weights are also good ones for high energy days and you can modify it to fit your time frame but just picking which segments you want to do.

KCM 30 MTF-Weights is another I enjoy - you can do the 2-day split as designed or use the 30 min total body routines and put in your own cardio by pausing the player.

KCM - NYC, TSOTTC are also good routines by KCM; they are 1 hour routines but you can just do each circuit once and then move onto the next.

Violet Zaki WEight Lose Cardio Sculpt has 2 beginner - low intermediate routines

Crunch Bootcamp doesn't use much equipment and has a modifier - it's 30 minutes

jlar
jlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 07:42 AM  
Kesal

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_real_twit View Post
Your Best Body Circuit - Michelle Dozois - only need handweights and a stretchie that comes with the DVD. I am not sure how long it is.
The full workout is 60 minutes. There's a preset "Express" option that's 35 minutes. Most of the moves are low impact, and there is a modifier.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 09:16 AM  
aunatural

Women's Health Total Workout in Ten runs about 35 minutes. The cardio is pretty high impact in some parts but there is a modifier.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 11:50 AM  
RubyBlue

Thanks, everyone! Got a big list now. (Time to re-buy the KCM, also!)
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minute circuits, circuit training