Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-09, 11:10 AM  
RubyBlue

Circuit workouts- 45 mins, no equipment, with modifier?

Hi all!

I'm doing a (very modified) version of CLX, which I love.

I'd really like some circuit recommendations, please, as above- 40-45 minutes, no equipment ( no step, barbell, swiss ball etc.- dumbbell weights are fine) and I need a modifier(I can't do impact at all.)

I have 30 Day Shred but the other Jillian's don't have a modifier, do they? Does Tom...(Oh, I forgot his name! Baby brain!!) 45 minute Total Body Workout have a modifier?

I don't mind going to an hour for a great workout.

Still got those dang 10 baby pounds to lose and CLX isn't quite doing it. I love them but no movement on the scale yet (although I haven't yet done Lean so I'm hoping for results then.)

Thanks!
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 11:31 AM  
beth22

Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness: Bootcamp uses only dumbells and has a modifier. One of the premixes combines both workouts for a 60 minute workout or you could do just one of them for a 30 minute workout. It's not 45minutes like you'd prefer, but it's the only one I can think of that meets the other two criteria!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 11:32 AM  
MuscleGuy

That's exactly what I was going to recommend!

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 11:33 AM  
RubyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth22 View Post
Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness: Bootcamp uses only dumbells and has a modifier. One of the premixes combines both workouts for a 60 minute workout or you could do just one of them for a 30 minute workout. It's not 45minutes like you'd prefer, but it's the only one I can think of that meets the other two criteria!
Thanks! You know what- I traded this one because I thought I'd never do it.

Oh well. Seller's remorse! I never learn!

Thanks for the reminder, though.
Old 05-27-09, 11:54 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I agree that KCMs bootcamp would be a good one.

Jillian's No More Trouble Zones is about 45 minutes. It does not have a modifier but then it is a circuit using weights only and has no impact that I can remember. It will get your heart rate up there during some sections. For workouts that alternate cardio and weights, you could substitute kettlebell swings for high impact cardio moves. This might work with a dumbell if you don't have a kettlebell.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 12:20 PM  
RubyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I agree that KCMs bootcamp would be a good one.

Jillian's No More Trouble Zones is about 45 minutes. It does not have a modifier but then it is a circuit using weights only and has no impact that I can remember. It will get your heart rate up there during some sections. For workouts that alternate cardio and weights, you could substitute kettlebell swings for high impact cardio moves. This might work with a dumbell if you don't have a kettlebell.

Thanks! I think I will have to cave on Jillian's workouts.
Old 05-27-09, 12:50 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Ruby: Jillians Banish Fat Boost metabolism is all cardio so it is not a circuit workout. It is also pretty high impact which is why I did not get it.
Most of Jillian's workouts are available on Netflix.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 04:03 PM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

Prevention 3-2-1 workout (as in 3 minutes of cardio - 2 minutes of weights and 1 minute of abs for six circuits) - only need handweights and there's a modifer. About 40 minutes

Your Best Body Circuit - Michelle Dozois - only need handweights and a stretchie that comes with the DVD. I am not sure how long it is.

Pick Your Level Fat to firm Fast - Michelle Dozois - only need handweights and there's 2 modifiers showing beginner and advanced modifications. about 45 or so minutes.
Old 05-27-09, 06:05 PM  
JP44

Barry's new Bootcamp series is perfect for this, IMO. The 2 main workouts are 24 min, then there are 6 different 12 min add ons you can do for LB, UB or Abs. Just ignore the bands & pill ball, do it all w/ dbs & on your floor. The only thing you might need is a place to sit for the back rows, so maybe have a chair nearby. You could just bend over if you don't have lower back problems.

There's always a low impact modifier in each workout. It's actually a great set.

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 06:43 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I was about to recommend KCM BC.
P90M UML is also nice.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minute circuits, circuit training