Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-28-22, 02:41 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Cranky today! The heat wave doesn't help.

Sunday: Spinervals: Flexible Warrior
Monday: The Golden Door Aerobics Workout. Very 80's!

No use talking about my lackluster career. Yesterday, I went to a MeetUp with a new group. I recognized a woman from one of the other groups. She told me that she is the last surviving cast member from the 1962 film Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. That is one of my favorite horror films! Gina played the child version of Joan Crawford. On top of that, her sister, Darlene, was one of the original Mouseketeers!

Quite the show biz family.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-22, 02:55 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Cranky today! The heat wave doesn't help.

Sunday: Spinervals: Flexible Warrior
Monday: The Golden Door Aerobics Workout. Very 80's!

No use talking about my lackluster career. Yesterday, I went to a MeetUp with a new group. I recognized a woman from one of the other groups. She told me that she is the last surviving cast member from the 1962 film Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. That is one of my favorite horror films! Gina played the child version of Joan Crawford. On top of that, her sister, Darlene, was one of the original Mouseketeers!

Just had to pop in here to say how freaking cool, Vvfer!! I have got to watch that movie, don't think I've ever seen it. I LOVE horror, well, good old horror anyway, like The Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, you know, old stuff, hah!

I'm a tad cranky with the heat too so I feel your pain. 104 yesterday and it didn't cool down last night so I couldn't open the windows to cool things off upstairs where the A/C just doesn't seem to do much. Crappy sleep = one cranky kittybug!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 07:23 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Wow! That must have been so much fun. I remember watching Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. The only Mouseketeer that I remember is Annette Funicello.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 08:25 AM  
ChelePA

VVfer… Very cool!!! Is it common in California to meet previous actors? My friend‘s daughter has been an extra in a few shows. Trying to move to New York City to make a career of it. Very difficult!

Started with a 10 minute bodyweight strength. All balance moves. I was wobbling through the whole class. I bookmarked this one to try again and see if I can improve. 15 minute Jock Jams music only full body using dumbbells. Celebrating Pride month treadmill walking class. Finished with a 30 minute full body stretch—feeling so tight these days especially my injured leg.

Have a great day ladies!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 09:53 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Chele - When I lived closer to the media centers, I saw many actors in public just doing their day-to-day errands. I saw Ernest Borgnine in Costco, DeForest Kelly ("Bones" from the original Star Trek) in a stationery store, Janet Leigh at a health center, etc.

I don't think celebrities venture out as much nowadays with home deliveries so prevalent. And, so many nutjobs prevalent.

Yesterday, I finally tried a "Lift with Cee" beginner workout. I liked it. I miss counting though as I can't see the TV when I am using the bands with door anchors.

Hugs to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 08:04 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy groggy Thursday!

Historic moment here, Watulans. It's 8:30 a.m. and I am actually awake and posting! haha. AC people are here to do the summer inspection so I had to get up and get dressed in a hurry!

Anyhoo, I'm still surprisingly doing the Fuel rotation along with some cardio add ons. Tuesday was #22 Upper Body Compound and it is definitely my favorite Caroline upper body so far. She was more "balanced" in terms of giving each UB muscle some work, so not so darn shoulder heavy. although the staple did have her much-loved Arnold presses. I followed this with Tree Max since we had a large chunk of tree fall in the backyard the night before and needed to clean it up. It was a job but fortunately it was in a shady spot and the weather wasn't too hot. And we were properly supervised by Krabby Pattie.

Yesterday was Fuel #23 Glutes & Hamstrings. I'm not a huge fan of endless hip thrusts---on the floor, on the step, hanging from a trapeze. Well, no trapeze but still. I muddled through, and I kind of liked the sumo jumps she threw in, so I managed to get through it with my modifications. It was very tough, but I expect any 30+ minute workout that only focuses on 2 muscle groups would be hard. I followed it with a 30 minute stepless step of Chris Dorner "HiiT" drills that she does outside. I liked but not loved it, mostly due to the numerous distractions as I think doing it outside presented some technical challenges for her this time. I've decided that with Chris the best choices are those that have other people doing the workout with her, as she doesn't do quite so many shoutouts with participants.

TeenW, that is so interesting about the woman in the MeetUp group being in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane and her sister was Darlene from the Mousketeers! I've seen the movie several times---an over the top classic for sure---and I do recall Darlene. I vaguely remember a few of Mousketeers (not just Annette) and she's one of them. You seem to be enjoying the MeetUp "events" and good for you for sticking with it.

FN1, glad you are still enjoying your barre experiment. I am going to try to mix some of that in when the Caroline rotation is over (7 more to go!) and see how they work for me. Yes, IMIN is the first IMAX since I'm not doing all that impact and when I do step it's on my little 4 inch job. I did that darn workout on a 10 inch step back in the day---seems like overkill as I look back.

bee, you've been one busy "bee." It's hard sometimes to keep up with everything! Glad you are enjoying your new job!

ChelePA, good for you for trying workouts that you can grow into---the balance will come for you I'm sure! You are doing awesomely well as usual! Did you ever go to pick strawberries?

Waves and hugs to all! Check in when you can!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 09:24 AM  
ChelePA

Love fresh strawberries!!! Next week blueberries and raspberries I believe.

Cataddict… good for you for sticking with Caroline. Some of the workouts sound too repetitive for me. I remember using a 10 inch step for some routines too. Definitely overkill! To be young again.

Workouts included a two for one. Two instructors that taught a Beyoncé music only cycling class. Such great chemistry and lots of fun! I decided to head outside before it got too hot and did a peloton outdoor 20 minute walk. Finished with a 10 minute full body stretch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B5D8074B-9267-4011-BDC4-64ABB4EBB9DB.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	4798  
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 10:02 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday Junior!

Let's see, Tuesday was Pure Barre, the original workout. The upper body isn't anything to write home about but BOY everything else is. I'm wondering when I'll get through the thigh/seat section without dying. Oh, and abs too.

Wednesday was CL 098, You Can Do Anything for a Minute which is just how it sounds, random drills for a minute, cardio and weights, and it was fairly intense! I was a tad worried when she started snowboards thinking no, Cathe, I CAN'T do these for a minute straight nor do I want to. Thankfully, the tougher cardio drills she did in sets interspersed with short breaks for the minute. Phew!

FN2, that's too funny...we had the AC guys here yesterday too. Actually, they were ~supposed~ to come back in December for the furnace and stood us up, and we have a pre-paid contract with them so I was PISSED. They called yesterday saying sorry, we owe you, let's do the summer one, and thankfully, husband was home so he handled the whole thing because I was still pissed. I think Krabby has a crush on you.

VVfer, so cool on seeing the celebs. Yeah, I would assume these days it's delivery or assistants handling stuff for them though. Hmm...we had an Annette Funicello album we got in a 'mystery' pack...I don't think we kept it though.

ChelePA, I will be right over to pick blueberries and raspberries with you! I wish.

Have a great day!

Old 06-30-22, 02:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Just popping back in...I just watched the preview of Cathe's latest live, To the Mat: Legs, Glutes,and Core and it looks kinda brutal (and is also 65 minutes long)! Has anyone done it yet? If so, report back, please!

Old 06-30-22, 03:41 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! I'm so behind on your posts! I quickly glanced through them just now -- seems like everyone has been pretty busy, and lots of good workouts!

This week the new job has definitely ramped up so that's been a bunch of time, but Friday through Monday morning I was at my sister's helping with her lavender festival over the weekend. Good fun, but the lavender was not really ready this year -- just too much cold weather too late in the season. They now have a lot of lavender they're going to have to harvest themselves. They may do one weekend of "u-pick" to help. Their farm is www.bluestonemeadow.com if anyone is curious.

I've never seen "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" either, I don't think. Loved hearing about the connection with it. Living in southern CA, you do tend to run into celebrities fairly often. And funny enough, I remember seeing Annette Funicello one time -- she was in a wheelchair by then, but it must have been back around 1995, I think? I think I've told you guys I went to high school with Heather Locklear. We used to regularly see Tom Selleck when we went to brunch. In that same neighborhood lived Wayne Gretzky and Janet Jones Gretsky (bringing it back to workouts! ) but I never saw either one of them. Oh! My mom sold real estate and one time Dana Carvey looked at one of her listings. And, she was able to get me in to see Will Smith's house. She actually wanted me to buy it (this was 20 years ago, and given that he was selling, I'm sure it was because he could afford much more by then) but it was not my thing at all. It is a little crazy to think I could have bought a home that Will Smith owned. Anyway, enough of the Hollywood brushes stories.

Yesterday I did Fuel 19 -- a full body workout. I loved it! This was one of those with complexes where she sets the timer to two minutes and you do ten (or sometimes 20) reps of one move, 10 of another, repeat until timer is up. I skipped the #18 glute workout partially because I was gone over the weekend but mostly because I couldn't face all the hip thrusts. She does do an awful lot of them (each week). I cracked up about the trapeze, cataddict!! I actually still really love Caroline's workouts and I am noticing a difference in my physique for the first time in years, but I must say I think I'm getting a little tired of them. I may need to take a bit of a break and do some Cathe for a while once Fuel is done.

Oh my, I've spent far too long on vf. Back to work for me. Waves to all!!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in