Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-12, 11:09 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
FYI...this same routine is on her Body Rock DVD as well.
Yup, so you don't need both if that particular workout is what you're after.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 11:53 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I am revisiting some Jari's I traded away and now reacquired again. I might have to try Lean Machine just for this bonus routine of which you speak! It sounds great!
Is the weights and abs circuit training or just weights? If it is just strength training with abs it might be worth getting, for me. Does it work all upper body with weights?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 02:41 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
I'm a lot like Colleen/Eyefit. I prefer to do circuit training almost on a daily basis because of the cardio component and just because it's fun. Still, I'm quite toned & solid. No flab.
This is me, also. Lately I have found it FUN and motivating to do the metabolic stuff - circuits, high reps/light weights, really tough endurance, etc. I am mostly very lean and strong and am really happy with how I look (and feel). However, I have also historically lifted heavy weights, so I already had a strong base of muscle coming into this style of workout.

I do think what you're starting with impacts what you end with - that's the variable the Before/After marketing never really addresses, and I think is a real reason people are sometimes disappointed in their results.
Old 10-10-12, 03:15 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
Is the weights and abs circuit training or just weights? If it is just strength training with abs it might be worth getting, for me. Does it work all upper body with weights?
It's all strength training moves. Here's how Collage breaks down its 'toning emphasis':
Upper body: 16 minutes (52%)
Lower body: 9 minutes (29%)
Abs: 6 minutes (19%)

There is a separate chapter with a warmup, but you can of course do your own thing. Mary has a clip (from Body Rock). It's the first half: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/JARI...K-DVD-p/93.htm
Old 10-10-12, 03:17 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
It's all strength training moves. Here's how Collage breaks down its 'toning emphasis':
Upper body: 16 minutes (52%)
Lower body: 9 minutes (29%)
Abs: 6 minutes (19%)

ETA
- Just saw your question. Yes the upper (and lower) body work uses dumbbells.

There is a separate chapter with a warmup, but you can of course do your own thing. Mary has a clip (from Body Rock). It's the first half: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/JARI...K-DVD-p/93.htm
Old 10-11-12, 07:08 AM  
poohpeggy

This is such a great thread. Thank You everyone for all the great info. I have noticed when I do AWT that I am not nearly as "hungry" as I am with heavy lifting. I do however have to be careful because my joints will hurt before my muscles do. Peggy
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, dumbbell size, high rep, high reps, peripheral heart action