Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-27-11, 05:18 PM  
MM-Om

ITA with others about KCM weight work being risky.

My favorite circuit workouts:

1. Cathe LIC- Low Impact Circuit ( I just realized that her new workout Low Impact Challenge is also LIC, that can get confusing, maybe the new one should be called LICH)
2. Jari Extremely Ripped 1000
3. Jari Reeved to the Max
4. Katami 4x4 Bootcamp
5. Cathe Bootcamp
Old 10-30-11, 08:15 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubiennelady View Post
While I own nearly all the 30MTF workouts (apart from split sessions), I do agree that Kelley's weight work may be a bit risky. I think of it as being too new age-y but at least it is isn't complicated for complicated sake like Emily in Firm Burn and Shape or Power Half Hour. I like to stick to basics with weight work. I voted for Circuit Burn because the exercise style changes appeal to my low attention span and I really like the cardio/boxing segments in this workout.
I too, have lots of Kelly's 30 MTF series, including all of her weight workouts. If she does a move that I am not sure about or doesn't feel right, I just follow Lauren or do my own modification.

I was also turned off of the Pink Firms due to the complicated moves, I didn't want to bother with it. With KCM's I can adjust it just a bit so it works for me. And I like Kelly..., I like the Firm too but their older workouts better.

But to answer the original question, I like Cathe's Low Impact Circuit (though I haven't done it in a while), Cindy Whitmarsh 10 Days to a Better Body, and I have KCM Circuit Burn but I haven't tried it yet, maybe today!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 08:34 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I know this is really old-fashioned, but I still enjoy Firm Tortoise.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 03:32 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I know this is really old-fashioned, but I still enjoy Firm Tortoise.
I love the old FIRMs too and the more I take them out and do them, the older they seem. But the music is good, they work you hard, and they bring back good memories to me.

My favorite FIRM circuit is actually a mix -- Total Body Shaping Mix. Love that one!

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 03:53 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingLife View Post
I love the old FIRMs too and the more I take them out and do them, the older they seem. But the music is good, they work you hard, and they bring back good memories to me.
I agree with this. I have so many favorite old Firms -- including Tortoise and TBSM -- that the list would be too long for the purpose of this thread.

Other fun workouts include Cathe's Bootcamp, Katami's Bootcamp,and Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 05:56 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I like the old Firms too. I like the Classics, Firm Strength, and Total Body Shaping Mix. From the semi-newer ones, I like Total Muscle Shaping Mix with Stephanie but use the Transfirmer instead of the death box (which I don't have anymore).
Old 10-30-11, 11:52 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Cardio Split (Firmcompilation)
Cardio Sculpt (original BSS1 with Allie)
Complete Aerobics and Weight Training (BSS2 with Emily)
Cardio and Weights (Cathe)
Step it Strong (Keli Roberts)
Low Impact Circuit (Cathe)
Step Reebok Circuit Challenge (OLD one!, Gin Miller)
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit, circuit training