Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-24, 10:46 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Arrow 2024 Beauty Thread!

Getting this started before the "Server Gets Too Busy."

I am on the hunt for an under-eye concealer for very, very sensitive eyes. I use the Maybelline Age Rewind one and like it, but it tends to irritate my eyes.

Any recs?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-24, 01:17 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Well! Where are our VF beauties?

I went to our local mall for the first time in a couple of years. I wanted to go to the MAC store. It was gone! They sell MAC at Macy's so I went there. There was no one working that area and I waited for ages. It was like a ghost town. I could have walked out with half of the display.

Finally, I got the attention of the lone employee.

I rarely shop in stores anymore, but I don't like the MAC website. It is not user-friendly.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-24, 04:14 PM  
fatkat555

I read this late at night and thought you said moisturizer.

I use Tarte concealer, I just switched because I was breaking out. So far so good.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Last edited by fatkat555; 01-26-24 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Not on topic.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-24, 05:12 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

I am on the hunt for an under-eye concealer for very, very sensitive eyes. I use the Maybelline Age Rewind one and like it, but it tends to irritate my eyes.

Any recs?
Have you tried Almay or Clinique? I have some sensitivities to cosmetics, but haven't had a problem with those brands. Also, Neutrogena usually works for me.

Donna
Old 01-25-24, 05:23 PM  
PhyllisG

Ayurveda experience. Love their oils cleansers. I have been using them exclusively for about a year now
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-24, 06:17 PM  
Leonana

Quote:

Any recs?
I like the NYX Bare With Me Hydrating Concealer. It doesn’t irritate my eyes, but I don’t usually have a problem with concealers.
Old 01-25-24, 06:19 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
It seems I’ve tried everything and always end up breaking out. I even recently started getting little tiny bumps from my makeup that I’d been using for years (it was a brand new bottle!). Same happens with moisturizer. I’ve tried many brands.

I’ve been testing out just plain Castor oil and so far so good on the moisturizing. No bumps around my eyes. It IS thick and sticky though and I only use it sparingly and at night. As my leftover scars from the makeup heal, I’m playing with going sans makeup.
I’m allergic to fragrance and also can break out from skincare. Cetaphil works for me. I especially like their Redness Relieving Night Moisturizer.

For foundation, I just use tinted sunscreen, concealer on my age spots, and a powder foundation. I’m using Kroger Tinted Shimmer Sunscreen, Covergirl Trublend concealer and Maybelline Superstay powder foundation.
Old 01-25-24, 09:10 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:

Any recs?
How much are you willing to spend?
I mean, I have good luck with the ELF Hydrating Camo concealer, but my eyes are not that sensitive. It's also quite affordable

I've read great things about the Natasha Denona Hy-Glam concealer. I've not gotten it (yet) but I LOVE all her palettes and own a lot of them, and her shadows never bother my eyes. But it's quite spendy, but no more than I use concealer one lasts me a very long time.
Old 01-25-24, 09:21 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:

Any recs?
I have sensitive skin all over...esp my face. My DD"s got me Hourglass Vanish concealer and I've had no problems. I love this one and the one before that was Lancome's Idole which also never caused me problems.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 07:43 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
How much are you willing to spend?
I mean, I have good luck with the ELF Hydrating Camo concealer, but my eyes are not that sensitive. It's also quite affordable

I've read great things about the Natasha Denona Hy-Glam concealer. I've not gotten it (yet) but I LOVE all her palettes and own a lot of them, and her shadows never bother my eyes. But it's quite spendy, but no more than I use concealer one lasts me a very long time.
Are you still into makeup? I remember watching your YouTube channel. I still watch a few makeup channels, although not as many as I used to.

Tags
2024 beauty, 2024 beauty thread, beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2024, off topic, off-topic