Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-26-22, 08:44 AM  
wendug

Good Morning Erica & Angela. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I'm doing better today after a rough weekend. On top of losing my brother I had a bit of a fever after getting my covid booster & flu shot on Friday. My parents seem to be doing okay after the loss of my brother. I've been especially worried about them. They have a strong support system so I know that is helping them in this tough time. My parents don't want to have a funeral and will have a celebration of life gathering for immediate family in a few weeks. So I'm still at home for now, but know I will be traveling in the near future.

On a positive note, I received my dumbbell and it is of excellent quality so I ordered another one to have a pair. I want to get in some sort of workout today. I think it will make me feel better. I won't do anything too strenuous, but some movement will be good.
Old 09-26-22, 09:22 AM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I'm glad your parents seem to be doing okay and have a strong support system. I'm sure they are in shock right now and it will take some time to sink in. A celebration of life ceremony sounds really lovely. Glad you like the dumbbell and will be getting another one. Good luck with the workout - we all deal with grief so differently. Hope the workout helps you physically and mentally. Thinking of you.

My neighbors lost their daughter suddenly and unexpectedly last month. They are the kindest people and I've been trying to support them as much as I can but there's only so much you can do to ease someone's pain when things like this happen.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 05:17 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Angela, I'm glad your parents seem to be doing okay and have a strong support system. I'm sure they are in shock right now and it will take some time to sink in. A celebration of life ceremony sounds really lovely. Glad you like the dumbbell and will be getting another one. Good luck with the workout - we all deal with grief so differently. Hope the workout helps you physically and mentally. Thinking of you.

My neighbors lost their daughter suddenly and unexpectedly last month. They are the kindest people and I've been trying to support them as much as I can but there's only so much you can do to ease someone's pain when things like this happen.

Erica
I know you meant Wendy. Grief is a heavy burden and takes time. Please know you and your family are in my prayers Wendy. Erica, I know you're being there for your neighbors means a lot. Sometimes just knowing someone is there brings comfort.

I am taking a personal day Friday. The weather is going to be rainy and cool and I'm going to not worry about the future and take a day here and there when I need it. I have training until 5:45 tomorrow so I won't get home unitl close to 7. Next week is a busy week so I just decided to take a personal day this Friday.I just finished CDorner's Sweaty Cardio Combat. It was so much fun and the music was loud. She had a pretty simple but fun routine for each song. I will do this again.
Old 09-26-22, 05:45 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I know you meant Wendy. Grief is a heavy burden and takes time. Please know you and your family are in my prayers Wendy. Erica, I know you're being there for your neighbors means a lot. Sometimes just knowing someone is there brings comfort.

I am taking a personal day Friday. The weather is going to be rainy and cool and I'm going to not worry about the future and take a day here and there when I need it. I have training until 5:45 tomorrow so I won't get home unitl close to 7. Next week is a busy week so I just decided to take a personal day this Friday.I just finished CDorner's Sweaty Cardio Combat. It was so much fun and the music was loud. She had a pretty simple but fun routine for each song. I will do this again.
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that I mixed up the names - I edited my post to fix it.

Angela, taking a personal day on Friday sounds like a great idea. You'll have a nice long weekend to recover from another busy week and give yourself time to rest up for the week ahead. ETA - that CDorner kickbox workout looks like fun!

Today was FRAMEWORK 30 Min Back and Bicep Workout | EPIC Heat - Day 8, which I loved, and Kaleigh Cohen's 15 Minute Chest & Tricep Workout with Dumbbells | Fit for YOU fifteen. Kaleigh's strength workouts are fine and I want to love them but I never do. I love her spinning workouts but just don't click with her strength. THey are good workouts and she uses great form but I just never find them good for me.

Thinking of you, Wendy.

Erica
Old 09-27-22, 05:27 PM  
wendug

Today was the first day I really felt like a workout. I didn't do anything crazy- Kayleigh Cohen Strength's Full Body Workout. It felt good to get some movement in. I did take my dogs on a long walk this AM since it is such a beautiful fall day. I've been up and down with my grief; it is definitely like a roller coaster.

Angela- Taking a personal day on Friday sounds nice. It always seemed weird to me that places give you these personal/vacation days and then give you a hard time when you use them. I know not all places are like that, but many are.

Erica- That's nice that you help out your neighbor. Every little bit helps. I'm lucky that I have some good neighbors and we tend to look out for each other.
Old 09-27-22, 05:40 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, that's great that the workout helped and especially that you got out in the nice fall weather. Did being outside help at all? I find that grief really hits me in waves. Big strong waves sometimes. And yours is so very fresh (as is Angela's).

I did Caroline's Dumbbell LEG DAY Workout / PYRAMID Sets | EPIC II - Day 18. I love this workout but don't do it as pyramid sets - I just go in sets of a certain number of reps. I skip the calf work,which is good because it's a longer workout and it fits better into my workout time slot this way.

Erica
Old 09-27-22, 08:46 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy, that's great that the workout helped and especially that you got out in the nice fall weather. Did being outside help at all? I find that grief really hits me in waves. Big strong waves sometimes. And yours is so very fresh (as is Angela's).

I did Caroline's Dumbbell LEG DAY Workout / PYRAMID Sets | EPIC II - Day 18. I love this workout but don't do it as pyramid sets - I just go in sets of a certain number of reps. I skip the calf work,which is good because it's a longer workout and it fits better into my workout time slot this way.

Erica
Yes, getting outside is very therapeutic. And I love that my dogs are so happy on their walks it is such a peaceful thing.

That leg workout looks tough- and long. I'm gonna need a while to build back up to longer workouts. I'm quite tired after a short 30 minute workout today.
Old 09-28-22, 04:36 PM  
gigi

I'm glad a workout helped Wendy! I did not workout T due to getting home late. I drank pre-workout before I left school and just cannot make myself workout tonight. It's been a tough and emotional week. Tomorrow I'm meeting my dad for dinner. Since I will be home on Friday I will make sure I do a strength workout and then Cardio on Saturday will make 4 workouts this week.

Erica, I'm glad you are able to enjoy Caroline's workouts and make them suit your needs!

By the way, I'm really looking forward to Cathe's new series!
Old 09-28-22, 05:21 PM  
wendug

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- 30 Minute Cardio Kickbox Low Impact. I thought 30 minutes low impact is doable. Well the title is very deceiving because she has quite a bit of impact as an option in this workout. So, of course I decided to try to step it up and do high impact moves. And there are quite a few burpees thrown in, too, so definitely not low impact! But I feel good doing the more intense moves and getting a good sweat. I needed it.

My brother's ex-wife contacted me today to find out what happened to my brother. She saw his obituary and was blind-sided by it. I feel badly as I know they have been in contact and on friendly terms after the divorce. They shared many animals together, but most stayed with her after my brother moved away to be closer to my parents. She said she did try texting him a few times recently, but that he did not respond. I had to tell her that he was so sick he just didn't feel like talking with many people. Her main concern was that he didn't die alone. I reassured her that he didn't, and that although their marriage didn't work out, I'm happy that they shared time together in his life. Ugh, that was a tough conversation to have.
Old 09-29-22, 12:49 AM  
Erica H.

Angela - I'm so glad you have Friday off and a long weekend to look forward to. Hope your dinner with your dad goes well. How is he doing?

Wendy - I checked out that "low impact" workout and skimmed through it and every move I saw was high impact! Very misleading. I'm sorry about the tough conversation with your brother's ex. That sounds very hard and emotional.

Yesterday (it's almost 2am and I'm up from insomnia) was Day 8 of EPIC | Dumbbell Upper Body Workout. Very good workout but I was irritated at first because Caroline starts with shoulders and I really burned them out before moving on to chest/back work. I don't like to work out that way but then I thought it might be good for pre-exhausting the muscles. I had a little extra time left so I added my own tricep/bicep work.

Going to see a new family doctor today. I'm not very optimistic since I have a terrible history with doctors and I have so many health issues but I need to establish myself as a patient with a new doctor since I just can't see my old one anymore - she was absolutely awful.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts