Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Polls (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230277)

Laura S. 01-25-21 06:56 PM

I'm an introvert. I enjoy seeing and interacting with people, but I get my energy from being on my own. I've enjoyed the option of doing software training via Zoom these days. I get to interact with people from home and then stop.

Taramisu 01-26-21 06:41 AM

I am an introvert, so while this pandemic has been difficult, I have handled okay.

Even so though, I still have to get out here and there, largely being confined at home for the past year for work and in general has it's good and bad points, even for an introvert like me.

Vintage VFer 01-31-21 02:34 PM

I ran across an article about introverts, highly sensitive people and empaths. I can access it from my iPhone, but it doesn't work om my computer due to my ad blocker:

https://www.insider.com/difference-b...roverts-2018-6

I'd never heard of an "introvert hangover" before. I know what it feels like though.

Erica H. 01-31-21 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2910145)

I'd never heard of an "introvert hangover" before. I know what it feels like though.

Two of my kids experience that. They will express exhaustion after being in situations with people - anything from crowds like at a fair to one-on-one interaction with someone for a long period of time (spending the day with a friend) - and need time to recover. ETA - they are adults now, but have always experienced that "introvert hangover." Three of my four kids are introverts.

Erica

Exercise Diva 02-02-21 10:11 AM

I always thought of myself as an extrovert but am more introverted than I thought. The staying at home thing isn't bothering me at all. My husband on the other hand is going crazy!

Paine 02-02-21 08:07 PM

I find it interesting that most of the people that participated in this survey are introverts. I did a google search and it said that extroverts outnumber introverts by 3 to 1. I didn't know that!

Vantreesta 02-03-21 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paine (Post 2910516)
I find it interesting that most of the people that participated in this survey are introverts. I did a google search and it said that extroverts outnumber introverts by 3 to 1. I didn't know that!

I totally expected more introverts here than extroverts! :) That surprises me that extroverts outnumber introverts in the general population. It seems like almost all my friends and family are introverts. My mom was easily the biggest extrovert I've ever known. She loved people so much and drew energy from being around them. I love being with my friends but do feel that energy drain sometimes. I definitely recharge when alone.

Pat58 02-03-21 09:46 AM

I voted depends on the situation but for the most part I'm an introvert.

I think I've suffered a lot less than most people during COVID isolation. I pretty much only miss family gatherings. I miss going to shows because we don't interact with others and stay in our own bubble and don't need to interact with anyone. When I was on furlough, I missed interacting with my co-workers which came as a shock. :D

Mingling with people I don't know or aren't really acquainted with is like a root canal for me. I think going back to "normal" is going to be more of a challenge than most of you have endured with the lockdowns.

hch 02-03-21 12:45 PM

Quote:

I find it interesting that most of the people that participated in this survey are introverts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vantreesta (Post 2910565)
I totally expected more introverts here than extroverts! :)

I expected the same, if only because VF has had at least one earlier thread about personality differences. Previous discussion included the idea that some people are especially interested in home exercise (which video exercise tends to be) because of their introversion.

Quote:

I did a google search and it said that extroverts outnumber introverts by 3 to 1. I didn't know that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vantreesta (Post 2910565)
That surprises me that extroverts outnumber introverts in the general population.

I'm not surprised--though mainly because I'd seen those numbers years ago. ;) In the more recent past, though, I've also seen higher numbers for introverts.

diggerholliday 02-03-21 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hch (Post 2910614)
I expected the same, if only because VF has had at least one earlier thread about personality differences. Previous discussion included the idea that some people are especially interested in home exercise (which video exercise tends to be) because of their introversion.

This!
VF probably has an over representation of introverts because home exercising is a natural fit for us.