Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Streaming only (aka: I got rid of my final fitness DVD's) (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231186)

fatkat555 06-10-21 03:08 PM

I still have my VHS Firms... :D

Nope, I like streaming but I’m keeping my dvds. I also have many, many downloaded workouts on thumb drives.

kat999 06-10-21 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatkat555 (Post 2928867)
I still have my VHS Firms... :D

I bought some vintage Jane Fonda on VHS just last fall. :sun: If my TV/VCR combo stops working, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do about some of my VHS. Not just workouts but some old movies, too.

tiffanywu 06-11-21 12:20 AM

I live in Silicon Valley so internet connection is pretty good but I just hate having to "buy" (and not truly own) streaming stuff, especially if I already have it on DVD. And I also love the premixes on DVDs (I know KCM does or tries to include these in her streaming service but still I already have them!) I use YouTube selectively (Jessica Smith, some yoga, a few other oldies that have been uploaded which I don't have on DVD) and also podcasts (e.g. Eoin Finn).

Tanja 06-11-21 05:14 AM

Currently, I am streaming a few things for rehab but I am keeping my DVDs. I have enough DVDs to last a lifetime and this is the most inexpensive and independent way to workout, in the long run.

Demeris 06-11-21 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanja (Post 2928906)
Currently, I am streaming a few things for rehab but I am keeping my DVDs. I have enough DVDs to last a lifetime and this is the most inexpensive and independent way to workout, in the long run.

I agree. I stream only when I'm traveling for extended periods of time. I like owning my workouts, some of which are on DVD, some of which are mp4 videos.

horsemom2 06-11-21 06:15 AM

I am finding it so much easier to stream than use dvds that I have not used a dvd since 2019.
I do download my favorite routines so I can do them without buffering issues.

ncl 06-11-21 06:59 AM

I am doing a mixture of streaming and DVDs. Just looking at this week, I have done DVDs a lot. I probably use my Cathe DVDs the most. I love all the premixes and you don't get those with downloads. :) I also use Tracie Long DVDs a fair amount.

JackieB 06-11-21 07:08 AM

It's getting to be time for me to get rid of my dvds. I never use them. It's just so easy to stream. I'd probably keep my Essentrics and Ellen dvds. That's probably it.

Streaming is so convenient and easy.

Pat58 06-11-21 08:23 AM

Still using DVDs but I've substantially streamlined and still am.

As soon as my library is accepting donations I'm bringing a pile that I can't seem to give away for SASE, probably every VF'er has had them at some point.

Vintage VFer 06-11-21 11:56 AM

You can't trade or sell streaming (as far as I know). You can't lend streaming to a curious VFer. You can't put streaming up in the Wish List, Request the Wealth or Share the Wealth threads.

:sun: