Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   KCM fans, help me decide! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=221875)

Garrie A. 12-26-17 09:20 AM

KCM fans, help me decide!

This year was my discovery of Kelly Coffey-Meyer, and I can't believe I'm late to the party! In 2016, I acquired two of her 30 Minutes to Fitness workouts: Kickboxing and Muscle Definition. That was the start of the lovefest, especially with Kickboxing. Then, this year I either traded for, was gifted, SASEd, or purchased:
-New You Coming (trade...:love: this one)
-Cardio/Sculpt Fitness (trade, still a virgin!)
-The Shape of Things to Come (purchased)
-Cardio Kick Step Boxing (purchased)
-30 Minutes to Fitness Weights (purchased...have used this one the most of the KCMs this year :love:)
-30 Minutes to Fitness Circuit Burn (trade, still a virgin!)
-30 Minutes to Fitness Stepboxing (gifted, still a virgin!)
-30 Minutes to Fitness Cardio Pump (gifted from my VF Secret Santa, am doing this one again in a few minutes! I :love:ed this one right from the get-go.)

I'm looking at the following, all from the 30 Minutes series:
-Your Best Body
-Bootcamp
-Lean Body Circuits
-Body Shop

I've already decided I want Your Best Body, but would like at least one or two more on my list. In particular, Lean Body Circuits and Body Shop are catching my eye. What are your opinions on those three (I'm already planning on getting YBB)? Or, from the ones I have so far and enjoy, are there any others you think I would like?

Thanks in advance!

txhsmom 12-26-17 09:29 AM

I really like Lean Body Circuits - no dread workouts for me!

Carol

marki64 12-26-17 09:52 AM

Both Lean Body Circuits and Body Shop are good. I would consider adding Strength & Stamina to your collection. One of my favorites that I bought this year, because it has it all (except a good core routine). I don't typically like her circuit workouts, but this is a good one, imo. I also like Muscle Up 2 Be Fit.

Taramisu 12-26-17 09:56 AM

Another vote for Lean Body Circuits, really like that one. No dread factor as others have mentioned. Probably my favorite KCM, though Home Gym Intervals is really rivaling it for my top favorite lately.

Body Shop is good but I found it to be repetitive, but I am not a fan of repeats so that is solely my issue.

Garrie A. 12-26-17 11:32 AM

Right now, I'm thinking LBC & YBB.

Regarding Strength & Stamina, it looks good, but I'm not well-acquainted with kettlebells. I know that there's someone using a dumbbell in S&S. (Please don't laugh at me, but my only experience with kettlebells would be with Kettlenetics.) That's what keeping me from wanting that one. If there are no kettlebell premixes, I might cave on that one, then use the main workouts (once I become more familiar with kettlebells).

Non-Dancer 12-26-17 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrie A. (Post 2750990)
Right now, I'm thinking LBC & YBB.

Regarding Strength & Stamina, it looks good, but I'm not well-acquainted with kettlebells. I know that there's someone using a dumbbell in S&S. (Please don't laugh at me, but my only experience with kettlebells would be with Kettlenetics.) That's what keeping me from wanting that one. If there are no kettlebell premixes, I might cave on that one, then use the main workouts (once I become more familiar with kettlebells).

S&S has the following "no kettlebell" premixes:

Workout 1 - no swings (31 minutes)
Workout 2 - no swings (30 minutes)
Combined Burnout Mix of 1 & 2 - no swings (54 minutes)

The workout is good even if you use a dumbbell instead of a kettlebell. There is also a good 22-minute bonus step workout on this DVD which is a lot of fun.

Linda

kristiep 12-26-17 12:22 PM

You cannot go wrong with Your Best Body.

Bootcamp is good but I don't reach for it as much as other KCMs.

I love Body Shop. Always seems to give me DOMS the next day if I lift heavier. I use this often.

Lean Body Circuits is a good choice. It has more cardio than Body Shop so you'll get a nice balance of strength and cardio work.

Karen Beckwith 12-26-17 12:56 PM

Since you like her kickboxing, I'd highly recommend TLC (Train like a contender). I think it's one of her most fun workouts!

Dorothy J 12-26-17 01:01 PM

Garrie, I also enjoy Lean Body Circuits. I use that one in many different ways: the full workouts, the premixes, a couple of chapters as an add-on, etc. (BTW, I use Step Boxing like that as well. I see you already have it; I hope you like it.)

Another vote for Strength & Stamina. It's such a flexible weight routine--you can do 1, 2 or all 3 sets of the moves, depending on how much time you have or how hard you want to work. I :love: the 22-minute step add-on. I do it on the floor, as I think the moves are kind of fast (for me) to do safely on the step. But I've done it 5 or 6 times this year.

LizEMA 12-26-17 02:08 PM

If you're still loking for someone else's .02...

LBC is a top fave of mine from Kelly, and I REALLY think LBC would be right up your ally and that you would enjoy it immensely! :) I also REALLY really like YBB and her Bootcamp (though, with my current training preferences, I haven't found a way to work them into my rotations). Bootcamp is DECEIVING and REALLY catches up with you. It kicks my butt EVERY.TIME! I think you would enjoy that one, as well.

I was, sadly, not in love with Body Shop. I didn't HATE it, but, after my first time doing it, I've never returned to it. (These are the notes I made after doing it: "This was kind of disappointing. I’m used to her workouts being TOUGH, really deceptive in how hard they are and just totally burning my muscles OUT. But, this didn’t do any of that. It was a good workout, don’t get me wrong, but after it was all over, I was just like, “Huh. That’s it?” I was just looking for more." I also HATED the music. Consequently, I was bored during the WO. Additionally, I found some of the moves really awkward. (I know that has been a common complaint of those who aren't fans of Kelly, but, I have done a good chunk of her WOs, and, neither before nor SINCE Body Shop have I ever found that to be the case for me.)

Muscle Up, OTOH, I ADORE! It is one of my all-time fave strength WOs. I put in another vote for that.

And, I really have to echo the sentiments of those whom have already recommended S&S to you -- it is a FABULOUS WO, AND, her KB moves are almost ALL just swings. NO real KB knowledge or experience required! (Knowing the proper form on a swing is helpful, of course, though, I find, when you choose the right weight KB [in this WO, for me, it's about half to a smidge more than half my squat weight], your body just automatically knows what to do.)

And, if you're still not comfortable, as you wondered and someone confirmed, she DOES have the premixes where she takes the swings out. AND, to entice you even further, there is the STEP bonus (that others have already mentioned, as well). :)