Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Which FIRM workouts are in your 'never purge' pile? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227956)

fanofladyvols 02-26-20 10:14 PM

Which FIRM workouts are in your 'never purge' pile?

I have several Firms that I adore for different reasons (which include the original Volumes 1-4,6). But I am seeing several titles that I don't feel any attachment.

So....tell me Firm titles you have purged and have regretted.
Or.... tell me titles you would never let them pry from your fingers! ;)

Help me not to regret my declutter urge.

FYI: I only use DVDs to exercise and love variety. Also, I am talking about ALL Firms because my potential purge pile seems to span different time periods.

Joni O 02-26-20 10:54 PM

Just going from memory here (they’re all downstairs), but I would never purge:

Jiggle Free Arms
Super Body Sculpt
Supercharged Sculpting
Body Sculpt Blaster
Total Sculpt Plus Abs
Total Muscle Shaping
Cardio Sculpt/Body Sculpt (also Ab Sculpt, which I never do)
Complete Aerobics and Weight Training
Aerobic Body Shaping

I have lots more that I don’t do - The Classics, Power Sculpt, Tough Tape, the kettlebell one, Ballroom Aerobics, Cardio Step Mix, some others and a whole box full that I need to get rid of.

Taramisu 02-27-20 05:43 AM

I go back and forth with my Firms, but since I really don't have that many and have the space for them I am keeping them. If I unloaded them I know I would regret it. Nowadays I shorten them up by using the good chaptering so maybe they will get more use now.

Firm Strength
Firm Cardio
Tough Tape 2
Tough Cardio Mix
Cardio Step Mix
Super Cardio Mix
Express Cardio
Cardio Sculpt Blaster

I don't use my two pinks that much either, Hi Def Sculpt and Total Body Toner and thought about getting rid of these as well but I am going to hang onto, they are nice for easier days.

I have though gotten rid of many Firm workouts over the years thinking I would regret it but I really haven't, Total Body Shaping Mix is really the only one that I sort of wish I would have kept. But honestly it was too long anyway.

Lucky Star 02-27-20 06:48 AM

I've saved pretty much all of my Firms - can't help it :o - but got rid of the Pinks and anything that came after.

I'd *never* purge Vols 1, 2, 4 and 6, the BSS1 set and all the 45min Firms inbetween. But I've obviously held onto a lot more, for nostalgia sake.

Carol K 02-27-20 07:00 AM

I've never purged any FIRMs. I do have 6 Parts workouts and 1 Basic that I did not replace with DVDs and since I do not have a working VCR hooked up, I don't do them. Everything else, from 1986 to 2004, I replaced on DVD and I do them all. After that time I purchased everything except most of the Gaiam retail kits that were packaged with equipment (I only have 5 of those) and I still do all of them. I have 106 FIRM DVDs that are in rotation.

annette 02-27-20 08:06 AM

Super Cardio Mix
Cardio Step Mix - even though I don't do it often anymore
Total Body Shaping Mix
Core Cardio 2

I have several others, don't do them often but can't seem to make the decision to purge them either.

hocuspocus 02-27-20 08:18 AM

I'll never get rid of Fat Blaster! Or Maximum Cardio Burn with Allie!

wendug 02-27-20 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol K (Post 2861421)
I've never purged any FIRMs. I do have 6 Parts workouts and 1 Basic that I did not replace with DVDs and since I do not have a working VCR hooked up, I don't do them. Everything else, from 1986 to 2004, I replaced on DVD and I do them all. After that time I purchased everything except most of the Gaiam retail kits that were packaged with equipment (I only have 5 of those) and I still do all of them. I have 106 FIRM DVDs that are in rotation.

Carol- Like you I keep most of my FIRM workouts, but I don't have nearly as many as you! ;) I might not like workouts initially ( I'm looking at you BSS3), but come back to them later and really enjoy them. There are a few I got rid of, but those were because the kickboxing form was so bad I couldn't take it (pink firms)!

But I have to say I would never ever get rid of Tough Cardio Mix!

fanofladyvols 02-27-20 09:48 AM

Ok you guys are already making me pull stuff out of my purge pile since I know they will be too hard to find if I regret it...

Keep any other suggestions coming....thanks!!

(It's not a question of space, just wouldn't mind passing along to another VFer who would actually use them.)

Crescent Moon 02-27-20 10:56 AM

Tough Tape, even though I haven't done it in a few months. I never warmed up to the Tortoise or Hare workouts, but Tough Tape is great.