Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2022 IDEA World Convention (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232714)

Vintage VFer 04-29-22 01:14 PM

2022 IDEA World Convention

Good news: It's back on!

Bad news: It's in Las Vegas!

IDEA World Convention 2022

I used to go to these way back when. (If it was in San Diego or LA.) We had some really fun VF get-togethers. We met many instructors and got deals on clothes and equipment.

This year, Billy Blanks will be given the IDEA Jack LaLanne Award & Keynote Presentation.

I was thinking of going this year. But, Vegas in July is horrid. I went one year and it was 200 degrees every day. :eek:

Maybe next year?

bee 04-29-22 04:07 PM

I had to take my kids to a hockey tournament in Vegas in July one year. There were so many things wrong with that. Kids and Vegas don't mix. Hockey and heat don't mix. It was awful. We were supposed to have that tournament in Vegas for three years but everyone complained so much they moved it after the first year.

Ok, back to the IDEA Convention now..... :o

Patti S. 04-29-22 07:16 PM

Ah, those were the days when I could do 6 hours of exercise classes a day for 3 days, lol. Fun times, Alta!:heart:

Not a Vegas person, regardless of the season.;)

Vintage VFer 04-30-22 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patti S. (Post 2963667)
Ah, those were the days when I could do 6 hours of exercise classes a day for 3 days, lol. Fun times, Alta!:heart: ...

I know, Patti! I thought we'd all be going every year. I miss those days!

warriorprincess 04-30-22 02:21 PM

I went to Vegas once in July. At one point I thought a car exhaust was blowing on my leg, and I turned to look but it was just the wind!

We followed it up with a 3 day white-water rafting trip down the Grand Canyon though, so it was a great vacation.

Joni O 04-30-22 04:00 PM

Those were the days. I never went to that one, but went to many others. I've been to Vegas in the summer. And it was for work - in work clothes. Terrible!

FitBoop 05-01-22 01:06 PM

I always wanted to go to an IDEA convention in CA. I went to one in Baltimore years ago. I used to go to a lot of conventions and met VFers at some of them. Yes, those were the days! :)

Vintage VFer 05-01-22 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitBoop (Post 2963833)
I always wanted to go to an IDEA convention in CA. I went to one in Baltimore years ago. I used to go to a lot of conventions and met VFers at some of them. Yes, those were the days! :)

You've had a few VF meetups at classes. I know you all had fun with those. :sun:

FitBoop 05-11-22 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2963851)
You've had a few VF meetups at classes. I know you all had fun with those. :sun:

Yes, I've been to a lot of VF meetups. As soon as the pandemic is over, I'll be organizing another get-together in NYC. We are long overdue!