Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   "Look HOT Naked" Just based on that title, buy or no buy? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=185509)

paideiamom 10-09-12 06:38 PM

"Look HOT Naked" Just based on that title, buy or no buy?

Tracey Mallett posted on her FB page that she is choreographing a new workout. She is asking "How about the title being Look HOT Naked" and elicting reaction.

In 26 minutes, she has 15 likes and five positive comments, including one that says she will sell a million copies in no time with that title.

I like Tracey and her workouts (generally) which is why I follow her on FB.

I feel if the title is Look HOT Naked, there will be continual use of that phrase in the workout.

So my reaction? No.

What about you, would that title keep you away from a purchase?

Lucky Star 10-09-12 06:41 PM

Yes it would keep me away, especially so as it's Tracey Mallett and I don't click with her -- now, even more than ever if she's truly considering that embarrassingly wretched title.

Lucky Star 10-09-12 06:42 PM

(double post)

borna 10-09-12 06:43 PM

She also said it was intense cardio toning? What is that exactly? I'm not real "hot" on that title at all!;)

Eibhinn 10-09-12 06:50 PM

I think that market research via Facebook page is never a great idea, since the sample is rather skewed in favour of sycophantic fans and people who know better than to challenge the object of their affection lest they get piled on for being "a hater." While I never say never, I would actively avoid buying a DVD with such an embarassing name. When I find out about a new workout, I generally start with a fairly neutral position as to whether or not it's for me. In this case she would definitely have to win me back with highly favourable reviews before I would even look at a preview. To me, it's like the Janis Saffell workout with the thong on the front cover -- unless it's the best workout EVER, I'm just not willing to have that around the house. And if the title is look hot naked, just imagine how much irritating and embarassing "appearance" and "sexy" talk there is likely to be. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I also don't work out only to benefit my appearance. I know many people do.

paideiamom 10-09-12 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eibhinn (Post 2114262)
I think that market research via Facebook page is never a great idea, since the sample is rather skewed in favour of sycophantic fans and people who know better than to challenge the object of their affection lest they get piled on for being "a hater." While I never say never, I would actively avoid buying a DVD with such an embarassing name. When I find out about a new workout, I generally start with a fairly neutral position as to whether or not it's for me. In this case she would definitely have to win me back with highly favourable reviews before I would even look at a preview. To me, it's like the Janis Saffell workout with the thong on the front cover -- unless it's the best workout EVER, I'm just not willing to have that around the house. And if the title is look hot naked, just imagine how much irritating and embarassing "appearance" and "sexy" talk there is likely to be. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way, but I also don't work out only to benefit my appearance. I know many people do.

This.
I like Andrea Metcalf, but I stay away from her Naked Fitness stuff. Lots to choose from out there.
In fact, I would think this whole "naked" bit is overused anyway so if I were an instructor, I would stay away based on that.

Joni O 10-09-12 06:57 PM

Is she collaborating with Angie Miller these days? ;)

mtngoat 10-09-12 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2114270)
Is she collaborating with Angie Miller these days? ;)

LOL! I never thought I'd do it, but I just pre-ordered 'Bedroom Body' from amazon.ca.

I likely wouldn't buy a DVD called 'Look HOT Naked' (but as Eibhinn said, 'never say never').

Not to mention that once you enter a title such as this into many vendor's search engines, you get all sorts of interesting recommendations -- we think you might be interested in... (list every 'naked' DVD they sell).

sunday 10-09-12 07:26 PM

I'd buy it! I don't care what it's called. I've loved her newer workouts and would buy it.

JackieB 10-09-12 07:26 PM

I like Tracey, but I don't think I would buy that dvd.

Jackie